07.11.13

Carrie Underwood’s 8 Wardrobe Changes At The 2013 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood CMACarrie Underwood stunned on the red carpet of last night’s 47th annual CMA Awards, hosted at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. But that was only the beginning of the co-host’s impressive fashion run, as she made a grand total of eight wardrobe changes during the show. Surprisingly, she also managed to stay out of pageant land for most of the evening, as well.

Carrie kicked off the night with a cotton-candy confection of a dress; a pink petal-laced number by Christian Siriano. She accented the plunge-front, high-low gown with Brumani jewels, matching pink Christian Siriano sandals and a bubblegum-lacquered lip. Even though the look was sweet, it didn’t cross over into overly saccharine territory, perhaps due to the edgier silhouette.

Next up, she cut things short in a Georges Chakra Spring 2013 Couture navy cutout frock, with pink and orange colour-block panels and a sequin waistband. Sherbet-hued sandals from Christian Siriano and David Yurman jewels, along with a half-up, half-down ‘do, added the finishing touches.

Her shiny metallic Talbot Runhof wrap column dress was perhaps her most glamorous. She accessorized the glittery gown with a giant Baccarat ring and Sutra earrings, along with Ryan Haber shoes. A low side ‘do contributed to the old Hollywood appeal.

Carrie showed off her legs in one of her more daring ensembles of the evening from Indian designer, Alpana Neeraj. She complemented the sporty-sultry, bronze sequined jumper dress, which featured an exaggerated step hemline, with Rupert Sanderson peep-toe heels and a Melinda Maria ring. Her long, blonde waves and pretty makeup eased some of the edginess, though.

Carrie Underwood CMA 2If you thought her last number was leggy, Carrie really put her pins on display in a Chagoury long-sleeve romper and Loriblu sparkling, fringed booties. The outfit was indeed a dramatic performance piece—perfect for the songstress’s own performance at the show.

Showing off another Alpana Neeraj look, she quick-changed into an embellished, sheer-effect dress with a tulle-accented hemline, paired with strappy Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and sizable David Yurman statement earrings. The complex detail of the frock may have been better seen with an updo, but there may have just not been time for a hair-change, as well.

Saying sayonara to the skirts, Carrie stepped out in a embossed and embellished Badgley Mischka Spring 2013 navy cocktail pants, which she wore with a white cropped top from the same collection. Dana Rebecca Designs jewels, a retro sparkling headband and Stuart Weitzman shoes completed this shiny, free-spirited look.

Again trotting out a pants-centric number, she capped off the evening in an Elena Reva long-sleeved top and funky, floral-printed pants, rendered in a bright palette of blue and chartreuse. David Yurman jewels once again made an appearance, alongside Stuart Weitzman pumps.

Credit: Getty

Taylor Schilling In Zuhair Murad - The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen 20th Anniversary Gala

Taylor Schilling In Zuhair Murad – The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen 20th Anniversary Gala

Lily Collins' Prada 'Saffiano' Tote Bag

Lily Collins’ Prada ‘Saffiano’ Tote Bag

20 Responses to Carrie Underwood’s 8 Wardrobe Changes At The 2013 CMA Awards

1. kathryn November 7, 2013 at 21:23 #

Other than her performance piece, I thought this was just a parade of awfulness. My friends and I thought the whole time that she must be fighting with her stylists, because their is just no other explanation for a dress with saddlebag flaps.

• Agi November 8, 2013 at 09:28 #

• CreoleLady November 8, 2013 at 13:36 #

“a parade of awfulness”, +2 just for that turn of phrase alone, lol.

2. Nat39 November 7, 2013 at 21:40 #

The pink Christian Siriano is a standout. Sweet, very pretty and charming, it works so well for her, she looks delightful, fresh and girly in it, a great eye-catching look for the stage. Also like her glamorous metallic Talbot Runhof look and the bold unusual Alpana Neerah dress.
    I think she did quite well overall.

• KatieKate November 8, 2013 at 01:47 #

I totally agree with the first two, but not so sure about the Neeraj dress.

3. Prudence November 7, 2013 at 22:14 #

im sorry but every single look is pretty bad. This girl is in desperate need of a new stylist. She either looks too pageant like or just plain awful.

• jas November 8, 2013 at 02:44 #

agreed. carrie could wear whatever she wanted, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look that great. new stylist definitely!

• Noemi November 8, 2013 at 08:31 #

I agree with you, even if I find Siriano’s dress beautiful. All the other outfits are embarrassing, really. She needs a good stylist, but I think that she doesn’t have the best taste.

4. AW November 7, 2013 at 22:49 #

I don’t particularly care for any of the looks but I can appreciate that she’s trying something different.

She so pretty that her faces shines through anyway.

5. Yeliz November 7, 2013 at 23:22 #

I don’t really love any of these looks, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Talbot Runhof look.

6. Christine November 7, 2013 at 23:34 #

Wow, these are some fug looks. Not one look I like.

• Tess November 8, 2013 at 13:16 #

7. Saree November 8, 2013 at 00:45 #

Nothing really flattered her at all. The pants made her legs and hips look boxy. If Look 7 had her hair up it would be much improved, although I reserve judgement for the shoes cause nothing here has great shoe choice.

2nd and 4th are some of the most terrible looks I’ve seen this year – neither compliment her legs very well and the styling is just off-point.

Too much going on in look 6 that it’s just noisy. Performance outfit, look 5, is okay but the shoes are definitely a bad choice for her height and legs.

Look 1 is something I don’t hate, but I don’t particularly like either. The best of them all is Look 3 cause nothing about it is unflattering against her body.

8. Tracy November 8, 2013 at 01:43 #

The only look that stands out to me is the Talbot Runhof dress. It would’ve been a great red-carpet look.

• dee November 8, 2013 at 12:54 #

I agree.

9. Alina November 8, 2013 at 05:56 #

The first and the third look are the only good ones, IMO.

10. amy November 8, 2013 at 10:14 #

wow, i really hate most of these looks. bad lineup

11. Dhppy November 8, 2013 at 19:54 #

Of all the dresses, the Christian Siriano is the most palatable.

12. snowlion November 11, 2013 at 10:20 #

Barbie x8

13. EmmaWoodhouse November 11, 2013 at 15:07 #

Oh *CARRIE*. The only look here that is anywhere near aceptable is the Talbot Runhof. The rest…ugh.