Candice Swanepoel In Zuhair Murad - Victoria's Secret 'The Royal Fantasy Bra' Photocall

Candice Swanepoel will get the top honour this year at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, as she will wear the US$10 million Royal Fantasy Bra when she opens the annual event held next week in New York City.

The South African model gave the media a first look at the bra today at the Victoria’s Secret flagship store in midtown Manhattan.

The bra features more than 4,200 precious gems, which makes it a little heavier than the typical lingerie Candice makes a living modeling, and 18 karat gold with the main attraction being a giant dangling ruby weighing in at 53 carats.

Managing to almost upstage the bra she looked drop-dead gorgeous wearing a Zuhair Murad Resort 2014 gown.

Her gold beaded gown featuring a high neckline and open back was styled with a glossy waves part-braided and selection of jewels which were rendered moot alongside this bedazzling gown.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth's Alexander McQueen Flared Crepe Dress

Kate Bosworth’s Alexander McQueen Flared Crepe Dress

Melanie Chisholm's Tabitha Simmons Wicked Studded Lace-Up Boots

Melanie Chisholm’s Tabitha Simmons Wicked Studded Lace-Up Boots

18 Responses to Candice Swanepoel In Zuhair Murad – Victoria’s Secret ‘The Royal Fantasy Bra’ Photocall

1. Paulo November 6, 2013 at 22:08 #

Hmm, she does look gorgeous but the whole look may just be a bit too tonal for my liking. I would really love to see this worn by a brunette, much like the lookbook model.

2. kane November 6, 2013 at 22:15 #

Hmmm, who am I to say she looks bad? She looks gorgeous. And yet all the individual parts don’t really add up to something too exciting. Something’s missing here for me.

• Iva November 7, 2013 at 09:09 #

• admmgz November 7, 2013 at 23:38 #

3. Yeliz November 6, 2013 at 23:03 #

She looks stunning. I’m not a fan of that 10 million $ bra though.

• sara November 7, 2013 at 00:34 #

Agreed, she looks so amazing- why would anyone want to even look at that bra!

• anonymous as always November 7, 2013 at 20:45 #

+2 She looks gorgeous but I can get those bras… Most of them look tacky and they are so pointless!!!

4. liz November 6, 2013 at 23:44 #

FLAWLESSS!!!!!!!

5. Christine November 7, 2013 at 00:19 #

Wow, she looks gorgeous. The dress looks great on her.

6. Rachelle November 7, 2013 at 00:20 #

I get she has to wear the signature Victoria’s Secret waves, I just wish her hair was up to showcase that high neckline. Other than that, I oddly love this and I’m usually not one for liking Candice’s gown choices.

7. gabis November 7, 2013 at 00:50 #

This is quite a covered dress for a VS model in an event like this. Very surprising. She looks beautiful.

8. Pedro November 7, 2013 at 01:22 #

WOW
    Candice looks perfect!

9. Tracy November 7, 2013 at 03:51 #

She looks exquisite, the only thing that would make this a 11/10 is maybe if she had put up her hair to show off the neckline.

10. Jeremy November 7, 2013 at 08:24 #

she looks like a living Barbie. like, literally – her body proportions are absurd, even by VS model standards; her hair is camera ready for a shampoo commercial; the skin is utterly flawless, and the gown. holy hell! yet perhaps it’s just a bit tooooo perfect? hard to say, but i agree with some others that this gown itself could’ve been an insane knockout BDOTW contender – were it on someone else, someone with a bit more gravitas and glamour than Candice. i’m thinking Charlize or Nicole or on a different supermodel like Rosie or KK.

or imagine Rihanna! she would blow me away in this gown.

Not to say that Candice doesn’t. she does look positively spectacular. and the girl can serve a stella over-the-shoulder.

11. Caro Chanel November 7, 2013 at 09:02 #

I’m surprised that so many of you are not really wowed by this. I simply love this look. Candice looks like pure perfection. It’s a 10/10 for me. This has to get on my best-looks-ever-list. The only thing hair hairdresser could have done better: hiding that brown rubber band.

12. Princess Chi Chi November 7, 2013 at 11:45 #

She looks like a fantastic mannequin.

13. amy November 7, 2013 at 12:16 #

the woman is without doubt beautiful but this look falls flat.It’s fine but I’m not wowed

14. EmmaWoodhouse November 11, 2013 at 04:14 #

It’s too slinky and flashy for me, and lacking in subtlety…rather like the bra.