Rita Ora In Moschino – BBC Radio 1 Studios

Rita Ora In Moschino - BBC Radio 1 Studios

A day after Rita Ora made an ever-so-frothy appearance at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards, the songstress was spotted outside the BBC Radio One studios on Monday in London, England.

Her decidedly more structured sidewalk-style look by Moschino still packed in plenty of punch, though.

The black trench coat dress was given a whimsical flourish with the addition of an exaggerated white ruffle neckline, a red remembrance poppy and a ruffled sleeve cuff, all of which certainly animated the ensemble.

More attitude came in the form of white, over-the-knee Chanel boots that were slightly over-the-top, too.

However, Rita brought it all back to a street-chic level with her cat-eye, tortoiseshell Taylor Morris sunnies and the return of her standard red pout.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Stacy Keibler In Kaufmanfranco - 17th Annual Accessories Council ACE Awards

Stacy Keibler In Kaufmanfranco – 17th Annual Accessories Council ACE Awards

Iman In Dolce & Gabbana - 17th Annual Accessories Council ACE Awards

Iman In Dolce & Gabbana – 17th Annual Accessories Council ACE Awards

19 Responses to Rita Ora In Moschino – BBC Radio 1 Studios

1. Nadezhda November 5, 2013 at 08:42 #

Im from New Zealand and that definitely looks like an Anzac Day brooch (a national holiday in NZ and Australia commemorating our fallen.) Have a look at this article and see for yourself! Although I cant imagine why she would be wearing one as its nowhere near Anzac Day, maybe they are used for other things as well that Im unaware of.

Anzac Poppy as seen on this website:

• Catherine Kallon November 5, 2013 at 12:16 #

It’s a remembrance poppy.

Thanks

• KatieKate November 6, 2013 at 02:54 #

What is a ‘remembrance poppy’? I’m from the US, and I have seen them featured on this site before, but didn’t really understand what they are symbolizing. I’m really interested, though.

• kelly November 7, 2013 at 02:29 #

google remembrance day poppy

• Saree November 5, 2013 at 13:11 #

As what FC said. It’s used on Remembrance Day, but we also use it on ANZAC day too, due to what it represents.

But Rita – there is always one thing that will improve her outfits tenfold. The boots aren’t as bad as other over-the-knee boots worn recently by celebs. I just dislike it with this outfit.

2. Valissa November 5, 2013 at 10:23 #

I don’t get her. I don’t get her “style” and I don’t know why she’s famous and why she gets invited to fashion events and gets given designer clothes (because surely she’s not buying these off the rack!).
    Just my opinion of course…I guess I’m not a fan.

• julyol1972 November 5, 2013 at 20:44 #

Not a fan either, and totally agree with everything you said.

3. lisam November 5, 2013 at 11:22 #

Rita is famous because her album and songs are very big in the U.K. (she’s had trouble breaking out in America). A lot of the designers she wears are U.K. designers who consider her a star since she’s so big in their country.

• KatieKate November 6, 2013 at 03:10 #

Right. But, hasn’t she only had, like, 2 songs on the radio? I am just wondering how she has had such a quick, and lasting rise to fame. I looked at her website, and I couldn’t see that she has had any new music in quite a while. But maybe it’s not been updated, idk. She has a DKNY campain to her credit, as well as Madonna and Lourdes’ ‘Material Girl’ under her belt, so she’s doing something right, and not just in the UK.

4. Christine November 5, 2013 at 13:05 #

I see she is wearing more Moschino. Since, her friend Jeremy Scott has been named Artistic director.

I am not liking this look. Look too costume-y.

5. Rebecca Z November 5, 2013 at 14:35 #

This works for me. It is a tad costumy, but wearable at the same time. She looks cute here.

• KatieKate November 6, 2013 at 02:59 #

Good point.

• KatieKate November 6, 2013 at 03:15 #

Whoops, I meant to reply to Christine.

6. dee November 5, 2013 at 14:59 #

I kinda like this. Maybe this would look better with black knee-high boots.

7. EmmaWoodhouse November 5, 2013 at 17:24 #

The coat belongs in a brass band performance and the boots belong in the last circle of hell.

• Yeliz November 5, 2013 at 23:12 #

LOL. You are so right.

• KatieKate November 6, 2013 at 03:03 #

Lol, geez, I can’t say I disagree. This poor girl just has trouble! But I did like her Marchesa.

8. Markness November 6, 2013 at 05:43 #

Eeeek! I forgot to ID the sunnies. I believe they are these Chelsea cat eye sunglasses from Taylor Morris eyewear. Hehe. :D

As seen here: http://media.harveynichols.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/450x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/7/474944_1_v1.jpg