Jaimie Alexander In Azzaro – ‘Thor: The Dark World’ LA Premiere

Jaimie Alexander In Azzaro - 'Thor The Dark World' LA Premiere

Jaimie Alexander joined Kat Dennings on the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Thor: The Dark World’ in Los Angeles on Monday evening.

The actress didn’t hold much back last night, as evidenced by her black, long-sleeved Spring 2014 Azzaro floor-length gown. While she may have technically been covered up, that was merely a technicality. The dress gave way to one long mesh panel — somewhat strategically placed down her front and back side — revealing a continuous flash of skin and at times, showing off a little too much of her assets.

She accessorized with silver feather-shaped earrings, an Edie Parker ‘Lara’ clutch, and smoky eyes.

While the dress definitely highlighted her gorgeous frame, did it simultaneously disprove the theory of “less is more” for you, or do you applaud her sexy choice?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Coco Rocha In Peter Pilotto - Melbourne Cup Day

Coco Rocha In Peter Pilotto – Melbourne Cup Day

Kate Waterhouse In Peter Pilotto - Melbourne Cup Day

Kate Waterhouse In Peter Pilotto – Melbourne Cup Day

71 Responses to Jaimie Alexander In Azzaro – ‘Thor: The Dark World’ LA Premiere

1. Christine November 5, 2013 at 14:24 #

Inspired by Paltrow, I see?

This dress is really unfortunate. Not a great look. Great bod, but this is not good at all. Especially the back. I really do not need to see your crack, darling.

• anonymous as always November 5, 2013 at 19:58 #

+1 to all! Hahahahahahaha I was thinking the same thing about the crack XD

• Anj November 5, 2013 at 21:30 #

If only it were just the crack. At some angles, you can see her “down under” in the front.

All I can say about this dress is what’s the point? Why not just go naked?

2. Lashae November 5, 2013 at 14:26 #

This look is too much. Nice body but doesn’t need to be displayed like that with that dress.

3. Alina November 5, 2013 at 14:27 #

What was she thinking?

• julyol1972 November 5, 2013 at 20:38 #

Well there’s an article on Kristen Stewart in Vanity Fair this week. Maybe this is a big old FU to hubby and Kristen, all over again.

If so, I think it’s a major fail. She has a beautiful body, but this is so tacky, and over the top, that I can’t give her a pass. Wronged woman or no!

We’re seriously one sneeze away from seeing her nethers, her chesticles, and the crack of her butt. No, honey, just no!!!

• Magdalena November 5, 2013 at 20:47 #

Why would Kristen Stewart be related to this? :P Maybe you’re confusing Jaimie with Liberty Ross? Or I’m missing something…

• Mick November 5, 2013 at 20:50 #

Re: Kristen Stewart, that was Libery Ross, not Jaime Alexander.

Still, she’s so pretty, but this has to be one of the tackiest dresses I’ve ever seen, definitely not a good or classy look.

• julyol1972 November 5, 2013 at 20:51 #

Oops! Just realized that I got Jaime and Liberty Ross confused. My bad!!! Lol!

Please ignore first paragraph above, thanks!

4. gabis November 5, 2013 at 14:29 #

It’s really a shame because her styling is flawless. I absolutely love her hair, makeup and accessories. But it’s impossible to get past all that skin. Had she modified the dress a little bit, this would’ve been a BDOTW worthy look.

• Charlotte November 5, 2013 at 14:31 #

I aggre. The styling is great but the dress is so wrong ! And not very flatterring.

• Lisa November 5, 2013 at 17:24 #

It would have been great if the sheer parts were a lot smaller. As it is, its too revealing to be considered classy.

• sara November 5, 2013 at 17:59 #

I agree, by narrowing the mesh it would have dramatically improved the look. LOVE the hair and makeup.

• Dhppy November 5, 2013 at 21:45 #

It’s such a simple thing, but that would make all the difference.

• kane November 5, 2013 at 18:18 #

I agree that the styling is good, but there is no way this could ever have looked classy. What a desperate attention… grabber. I don’t even like the pattern that the sheer bit creates. Terrible and tacky.

• Lyo November 6, 2013 at 17:55 #

She’s so beautiful she could wear a potato sack and look amazing… So I really don’t understand why this.
      As said above the styling is beautiful, plus a toned down version of the dress (no mesh on the back, less sheer bits around the hips) would have put her on my BDOTW list. As it is, she won the most tacky and unnecessary awards…

5. Rebecca Z November 5, 2013 at 14:30 #

Dreadful. The crinkled black illusion makes her look like she has a skin disease. This is not pretty, flattering or in any way enhancing for her. She is a pretty woman, but this is really tasteless.

• Yeliz November 5, 2013 at 23:26 #

I agree + WAY too much skin for my tastes, it just looks tacky to me, no matter how good her styling is. This is actually a WDOTY contender IMO.

6. Brittalovesfashion November 5, 2013 at 14:40 #

It would have been beautiful with some black lingerie under the dress. This look is just tacky – and that’s a shame!

7. Maria S. November 5, 2013 at 14:40 #

I think this dress would have easily worked for her because she is usually quite reserved and it is age apropriate for her. Unfortunatelly, I cannot get over that back… :( She should have kept only the front panel, way too much skin otherwise.

8. Kiran November 5, 2013 at 14:56 #

Whoriffic. I’m getting a very strong Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls vibe.

9. Stel November 5, 2013 at 14:57 #

Something like this http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2013RTW-ESAAB/#37 could be much more sexy.. She’s stunningly beautiful but no..

10. Anissa November 5, 2013 at 15:03 #

I can almost stomach (no pun intended) the front (though a less broad swath of the sheer would be better near her navel), but to do the same thing in the back is super tacky. Shame, as she is lovely and her hair and make up are so soft and pretty.

11. dee November 5, 2013 at 15:08 #

This is too much on display. I don’t like this one bit.

12. amy November 5, 2013 at 15:08 #

EW! fail all the way. there’s sexy and there’s tacky. this one falls in the second category. why bother with a dress is it’s going to be sheer back and front?

13. Anna November 5, 2013 at 15:09 #

Way to much on diplay!!!

14. Stel November 5, 2013 at 15:10 #

Hair, make up, accessories perfect! But the dress is so tacky.. She is sexy without showing much.. I try to like the part from the waste down but I really can’t..

15. pinksugar November 5, 2013 at 15:12 #

I didn’t think it was possible to get more vulgar than Paltrow’s fashion faux paus but this proved me wrong. You do not show up on the red carpet of a film premiere you aren’t even the star of with the intent to ‘steal the show’. This look came across very desperate as well as inappropriate. I only wish the always classy and tasteful Ms.Portman had been in attendance to take the attention off of this hot mess.

• Tess November 6, 2013 at 13:39 #

100% agree on all the points. You said it all.

WDOTY for me.

16. Cássia November 5, 2013 at 15:16 #

if the sheer panel was just until the belly and the back was covered, it would be a great dress…

• Iva November 5, 2013 at 16:11 #

17. mimmi November 5, 2013 at 15:19 #

WDOTY!
    She beats any of Lena Dunhams awful looks by a landslide!
    This dress is horrible.

• EmmaWoodhouse November 5, 2013 at 17:20 #

WDOTY indeed. This is the singlemost trashy dress I have ever seen in recent memory. Horrible.

• Denise November 6, 2013 at 08:57 #

I was really shocked too. Agree about the WDOTY and as it goes there should be a category Worst Half Naked of the Year!

18. Prudence November 5, 2013 at 15:59 #

I can handle the front, but the back is too damn much!!!

19. Markness November 5, 2013 at 16:16 #

ONE WORD: TRASHY! :(

20. Ali November 5, 2013 at 16:41 #

Well we’re talking about her so I guess the vulgar dress has served its purpose.

21. daisyznite November 5, 2013 at 16:45 #

OMG really?!

22. liz November 5, 2013 at 17:03 #

Horrific. Makes me want to look her in the eye and ask, “honey, are you truly this desperate?”.

23. Patricia November 5, 2013 at 17:14 #

Well, I kinda love this.

• KatieKate November 5, 2013 at 19:56 #

Sorry, but I like it too, and I feel reallllllly guilty for it.

• kornelbc November 5, 2013 at 21:29 #

I absolutely love it.
      For the record for all the puritain haters…This is an Azzaro dress, he’s fashion cornerstone and his motto was “THe right dress must make the man want to tear it off”
      Besides with this styling she plays it really cute girl and not an attention grabber, give her a little air and be proud of her courage to take this dress out..;
      As for the “crack”..I didn’t get to see it..and I tried hard ;)
      This is for me total win!!!

• Sophy November 6, 2013 at 13:23 #

In this case no need to rip it off- fom the side she is fully exposed including her labia!!!!-def trashy- something i woukd expect pamela anderson to wear

• ariel November 6, 2013 at 17:36 #

Many of the mean comments are out of envy. Too bad!

• ariel November 6, 2013 at 17:35 #

Me too! She s drop dead gorgeous!

• Francois Bresmal November 6, 2013 at 22:22 #

Oh my GOD finally a bunch of positive comments! I was desperate to see so much hatred! I LOVE IT! IMO, the fact that this dress seems to be laser cut on her (I’m studying couture and trust me, this dress is a flawless work technically talking), the beautiful fabric, the perfect simple styling, her OHMYGAWD perfect body avoid the look being tacky! And it’s not attention-grabbing either… To say the truth, at first I thought it was a nude panel so I wasn’t shocked in the first place. Once again in my opinion, she displayed more flesh than Gwyneth looking equally (if not more) beautiful. I’m going to remember this!

24. Paulo November 5, 2013 at 18:01 #

This dress is just disgusting. Why do actresses continue to feel the need to be racy so they can be talked about.

25. justme November 5, 2013 at 18:15 #

I never would have thought that Jaimie was someone this thirsty for attention. In some pics, you can see her pubic region -_-

26. Larissa November 5, 2013 at 18:23 #

I’m sorry but this dress screams “I’m in desperate need for attention” to me. It’s a shame because she’s beautiful and the styling is really great.
    Maybe if the back was covered I would have loved it…but since it’s not I will remember this as one of the tackiest looks of the year.

27. Iris November 5, 2013 at 19:25 #

Where’s the stripper heels?

• julyol1972 November 5, 2013 at 20:41 #

Stripper heels? I was looking for the pole! This is an absolute hot mess of thirsty!

28. KatieKate November 5, 2013 at 20:07 #

Well, if attention was what she wanted, I guess attention is what she got b/c Getty Images has 4 pages of her in various poses in this dress.

29. Joy November 5, 2013 at 20:31 #

WOW! I think I’m speechless…and she’s such a beautiful striking girl. Why in the world would she feel you needed to wear THIS to be noticed? ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE from every angle. Azzaro should be smacked for letting her wear this dress. Runway and advertisements are one thing but to walk around, well that’s just wrong. I mean seriously her belly button is making me nauseas. Gwyneth was one thing, but it seems each starlet that tries this style is trying to one up the last.

30. Sharon November 5, 2013 at 20:44 #

Less is not just more. It’s way too much.

31. Marta November 5, 2013 at 20:52 #

I just can’t believe that she actually left the house (un)dressed like this.

32. bunny November 5, 2013 at 21:40 #

it’s just too revealing, and i’m no prude.

33. Betelgeuze November 5, 2013 at 21:40 #

I could live with the front sheer panel and say that it’s très risqué and sexy but it borderline works (kudos to her fantastic body), but the back unfortunately moves this straight to the Tackyville, No-no-NO-land. Ouch.

34. Fiona November 5, 2013 at 23:03 #

Trashion not fashion – where will this trend end up? I shudder to think how much more some stars will try to bare to one-up each other. So unnecessary. Hopefully this will spell the end of this tacky trend. Make it stop.

35. Namel November 6, 2013 at 01:25 #

I find it weird that everyone became so prude. It’s just a dress. It’s not like she takes sexy poses or anything.She does justice to the dress. And i also don’t find the dress that bad. I actually loved it until i saw the back.

• Cheryl November 6, 2013 at 08:42 #

Me too. I find it refreshing, actually, that she didn’t hold back on the sexy. It’s the dress that’s speaking. I’d rather take this any day over someone who’s obviously playing to the cameras (i.e. JLo’s annoying salmon pout face).

36. jas November 6, 2013 at 05:12 #

she is absolutely gorgeous, but I am not feeling the dress. I think if the sheer panels were thinner and not so wide and revealing it would have been perfect.

37. Noemi November 6, 2013 at 08:58 #

Well, the dress is so revealing that I wonder how she could sit without revealing too much (or everything), but I think she looks good, not tacky at all (Paltrow did in my opinion). I don’t understand all the negative comments, really. At least she wears a dress by a great brand like Azzaro. I read enthusiastic comments about girls like Rihanna basically going out naked…

38. CreoleLady November 6, 2013 at 10:39 #

Trashy. Trying to think of the opposite of oozing class. Oozes sleaze is the best I can come up with. A WDOTY contender.

39. Lissa November 6, 2013 at 16:13 #

I don’t think it’s the worst dress ever. I agree with others who wrote that a thinner sheer panel would’ve improved the dress, or if only the front of the dress had a sheer panel.

However, it does look very Las Vegas showgirl to have a full length dress with your belly button exposed. I think if there were a panel along her midsection, it would look better.

Also, the mesh material itself is simply unflattering. Look at the last picture showing her back. The bunched up mesh actually creates an optical illusion that looks like fat wrinkles.

• Lissa November 6, 2013 at 16:16 #

Oops, I meant the second to the last picture. Although in fairness, that’s a critique of the fashion designer, and not the wearer.

40. Lily November 10, 2013 at 14:10 #

What makes a person wear something like that? I totally hated, put some nude elie saab, would be some much better!

41. Liz Joyce November 27, 2013 at 21:03 #

Beautiful dress, and she looks great, but at the wrong event. Would work better at a prestigious awards show, Golden Globes or Oscars. Looked out of place on this red carpet.

42. Matt Sabre June 17, 2014 at 01:33 #

She is beautiful and no need to get naked for attraction like some other celebreties.