Kate Waterhouse In Balenciaga – Victoria Derby Day

Kate Waterhouse In Balenciaga - Victoria Derby Day

Kate Waterhouse was very much at home attending Victoria Derby Day at Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday afternoon as she’s part of Australia’s racing royalty; she’s the daughter of leading thoroughbred trainer Gai Waterhouse and the granddaughter of racing legend Tommy “TJ” Smith.

Unlike Lara Bingle, Kate managed to toe the line between being fashionable and event appropriate, wearing a black Balenciaga Fall 2013 peplum dress creating a petal-shape silhouette with a plastron front and halter neckline.

A sexy pair of wrap sandals, a white floral appliqué Alexander McQueen clutch, drop earrings, and a Nerida Winter and Hardy Brothers vintage diamond-beaded lace half veil completed her look.

Kate has always been quite fond of veils. Not always successfully worn, but on this occasion it added an alluring, chic finish to her look.

WOB2ED830002BLK_1_large

You can buy Kate’s Balenciaga Sculptural Backless Dress from
Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion International.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Madekwe In Topshop - Topshop Celebrates The Holidays At The Grove

Ashley Madekwe In Topshop – Topshop Celebrates The Holidays At The Grove

Kerry Washington In Victoria, Victoria Beckham - Saturday Night Live

Kerry Washington In Victoria, Victoria Beckham – Saturday Night Live

11 Responses to Kate Waterhouse In Balenciaga – Victoria Derby Day

1. Christine November 4, 2013 at 16:04 #

Ok look

2. dee November 4, 2013 at 16:09 #

This is a great look.

3. EmmaWoodhouse November 4, 2013 at 16:18 #

The dress is just ok, but she elevates it with the beautiful veil.

• Alina November 4, 2013 at 16:39 #

ITA.

4. kane November 4, 2013 at 16:30 #

Not a complete disaster, but not too great either. The wraps on the sandals feel too heavy for me. Too much nightlife (the veil?!) for what seems to have been quite a sunny bright day.

5. Nat39 November 4, 2013 at 17:27 #

I dislike the awkward bulky fit of the dress but overall this look is fine, the shoes go with the dress (and support its heaviness) perfectly.

6. cris November 4, 2013 at 17:45 #

and who is she again?

7. KatieKate November 4, 2013 at 20:38 #

I think she looks beautiful. The simplicity of the dress is made dramatic by the sculptural folds, and really heightened with the addition of the mysterious veil. I think it’s so daring and chic. I also love her dark, smoky eyes beneath, really adding to the overall effect. I think the shoes were a good choice as well, since they balance the boldness of the dress. Dainty heels wouldn’t have worked. And talk about a beautiful background for a picture! But I don’t think that sways my opinion, since my favorite shots are the close-ups. Dynamique!

8. Yeliz November 4, 2013 at 22:55 #

I really like the dress, but the top part kinda looks weird on her. The shoes and the veil work very well with this look. Love the close ups.

9. Saree November 5, 2013 at 13:27 #

At first I was thinking “What was she thinking wearing black in this weather?!” but this was from Saturday, not from today’s Melbourne Cup.

Can we just draw attention to the horrible styling of the look book!

10. chryssa November 5, 2013 at 13:40 #

i don’t know who this girl is..but i really like her look…chic and beautiful!