31.10.13

Allison Williams In Calvin Klein Collection – Marie Claire’s Power Women Lunch

Allison Williams In Calvin Klein Collection - Marie Claire's Power Women Lunch

Allison Williams worked two looks for Marie Claire’s Power Women Lunch Presented By L’Oreal Paris in New York City yesterday afternoon.

Well, it’s not exactly two looks, as the ‘Girls’ actress arrived at the event wearing a luxe orange wool coat and carrying a Calvin Klein bag, which was lustworthy enough, then the removal of her outwear and arm candy fully revealed a cool, crisp, clean Calvin Klein Spring 2014 look.

You may be thinking ‘What’s the big deal with this simple white sleeveless top and loose-fit pants?’, but what I love about this is the dual summery/winter-white appeal, plus she continues to work different looks on the red carpet giving us more than the obvious fit-and-flare frock.

What do you guys think of her new haircut? Looks like an updated version of the ‘Rachel’ cut.

Credit: Getty

The WGSN Global Fashion Awards

The WGSN Global Fashion Awards

Cameron Silver In John Galliano & Tom Ford - The WGSN Global Fashion Awards

Cameron Silver In John Galliano & Tom Ford – The WGSN Global Fashion Awards

16 Responses to Allison Williams In Calvin Klein Collection – Marie Claire’s Power Women Lunch

1. The Dame Intl October 31, 2013 at 11:04 #

This look ages her and would be best suited on someone in their 40s.

2. Alina October 31, 2013 at 11:11 #

Love this with the coat on!

3. jeremyrain October 31, 2013 at 12:03 #

I kinda like this modern, simple style. Never enjoyed her “goody”, Greenwich Connecticut style.

4. Christine October 31, 2013 at 12:41 #

Like the look with the gorgeous jacket.

5. CreoleLady October 31, 2013 at 12:43 #

I like that she is changing things up. The slacks are a little too loose and long imo but I love the coat. Without the coat and with the new hair, a bit plain for me.

6. Stel October 31, 2013 at 13:10 #

I’m so in live with Calvin Klein’s minimalistic look!! Lovely!

7. pinksugar October 31, 2013 at 13:27 #

I am not feeling the new hair and tamed down makeup. It adds ten years to her age. Smoky eyed and long bouncy waves Allison is always my fave. As for the outfit the coat is pretty but just like the hair I feel it ages her.

8. kane October 31, 2013 at 13:28 #

I don’t really care for the second look. All white is fine, but it doesn’t really have anything else going for it, the shapes are too mumsy and aging and unflattering. The first one though is a different matter, the coat especially and the bag are a real improvement.

9. Tara October 31, 2013 at 13:53 #

I like the coat but the pants hem is too long and shortens her legs

10. Rebecca Z October 31, 2013 at 15:17 #

I agree her pants are too long but that is my only complaint. I like her haircut–it is sleek and sophisticated. I would die for that coat!

• KatieKate November 3, 2013 at 02:16 #

I am in agreement. Even though the pants are a little long, she looks beautiful. Sleek ‘n chic!

11. TeaAtTwo October 31, 2013 at 18:01 #

I’d hem the pants but the outfit sleek and elegant. I want the coat badly. I’m excited to see her in sandals.

12. gabis November 1, 2013 at 14:27 #

The only thing I like about this looks is the minimalist vibe and the colour palette. Everything else is terrible. The pants are indeed too long and I detest the platform sandals she’s chosen. A delicate sandal would’ve worked better even with that awful hemline.
    The coat is gorgeous but I wish it was a blazer instead or anything smaller and more fitted that she could’ve kept it all the time. Without the coat, even this oversized one, the look is aging and mumsy.
    Her hair and makeup are nice as usual.

13. amy November 2, 2013 at 12:54 #

I love this, the pants should be shortened but still not a deal breaker

14. Illy November 3, 2013 at 01:15 #

Streamlining her look was a great idea. But the execution is terrible. She looks more suburban than sleek. The clothing proportions are doing nothing for her figure. The hair cut is completely disconnected and the color has an unflattering orange tone.

15. EmmaWoodhouse November 3, 2013 at 16:16 #

I like the coat and her hair but not the pant suit.