Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham - 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

A day after her son’s christening, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was in the spotlight again as she attended the 100 Women Hedge Funds Gala, held at Kensington Palace, to benefit one of the charities close to her heart, Action on Addiction.

The Duchess wore a Jenny Packham floor-length ink-blue silk-tulle gown with a black velvet belt from the British designer’s Fall 2013 collection.

I can’t say I’m wowed by the look but it is subtle and appropriate for a charity gala, with a diamond bracelet and a few rings accessorizing the look.

165899_01

You can buy Catherine’s Jenny Packham Silk Gown from Stylebop.com US and Stylebop.com UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Jessica Alba In Wes Gordon - Who What Wear and Cadillac's 50 Most Fashionable Women Of 2013

Jessica Alba In Wes Gordon – Who What Wear and Cadillac’s 50 Most Fashionable Women Of 2013

24 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

1. kane October 25, 2013 at 10:03 #

Nice, classy, elegant, though not too exciting… very appropriate. I prefer the sleeves as on the runway, but that might have looked even more like one of the iconic LBDs of her late mother-in-law.

2. Marta October 25, 2013 at 10:32 #

She looks really gorgous, three months after giving birth, wow. I’m impressed that she could wear any colour, all looks so flattering on her.

3. Yeliz October 25, 2013 at 11:39 #

Nothing exciting but a gorgeous, elegant look.

4. molly October 25, 2013 at 11:56 #

She is in desperate need of some good jewelery, her dinky little diamond bracelets and pendants just arent cutting it anymore! I like the gown, I just wish she had worn it off the shoulder.

• kane October 25, 2013 at 13:15 #

Not sure if there is ‘need.’ She should have access to heaps of jewels, if only she WANTED to.

5. Lee ann October 25, 2013 at 11:59 #

I’m more in shock about the woman in blue-she makes Lena Durham look well dressed.

6. gabis October 25, 2013 at 13:03 #

Well, I for one love her basic yet elegant and sophisticated style so I love this look head-to-toe. Whenever she’s wearing Jenny Packham she can do no wrong. BDOTW worthy to me.

7. Christine October 25, 2013 at 13:06 #

The dress looks much better on the runway

8. dee October 25, 2013 at 13:21 #

I wish she wore the sleeves off her shoulders. She looks elegant.

• LeeAnn October 25, 2013 at 13:26 #

I agree but it really would not have been appropriate for the event especially since most if not all the women dress very conservatively.I am in the industry.

• anonymous as always October 25, 2013 at 16:44 #

I agree with Dee. I thought so as well, that it would be inappropriate (and I am guessing that’s why she didn’t) , but the lady on her left is wearing a one shoulder dress and she is waaaaaay older!!! So…

• Lee Ann October 25, 2013 at 19:20 #

True but the woman in the blue dress clearly does not know how to dress so I ignored what she wore.

• KatieKate October 26, 2013 at 08:30 #

Lol! True. :-)

9. Dean October 25, 2013 at 14:09 #

She looks beautiful as always. Simple styling, but always dignified and elegant. Well suited for the event.

10. Pedro October 25, 2013 at 14:55 #

She looks gorgeous!
    Simples and elegant

11. Nat October 25, 2013 at 15:21 #

As boring as usual. I’d rather see Queen Maxima looks here than boring Kate.

12. Alina October 25, 2013 at 16:59 #

An updo and a red lip colour would have been great.

13. elaine2 October 25, 2013 at 17:42 #

Pretty dress on the runway model. Kate needs to cut that Rapunzel hair and stop hiding behind it. Some lessons in makeup would be an improvement as well.

14. amy October 25, 2013 at 18:54 #

Kate looks fine, nothing remotely exciting but appropriate. The lady with the black lace dress looks much better

15. Joy October 25, 2013 at 20:43 #

I find this SO elegant. I love the color of the blue, not just any boring navy. Such a beautiful shade of blue.

16. KatieKate October 26, 2013 at 08:33 #

I love the blue too, but it doesn’t really translate-it just looks black in the photos. But anyway, she is a class act, IMO. She looks ‘royal’ to me, even if a bit safe. Jenny Packham seems a good fit for her.

17. Prudence October 26, 2013 at 19:02 #

she is the epitome of boredome on the RC. she never should have been added to VF’s best dressed list. She has never had a stand out moment imo.

18. Sleepless in Chicago October 27, 2013 at 12:22 #

She is radiating beauty and confidence, in spite of this disaster of a dress and a severe shortage of accessories. The color of the dress lacks “personality”. It is neither here, nor there. If fact, it is funny that being pictured with two other ladies dressed in blue and black, the color of her dress seems to fall somewhere in between. I am not s huge fan of her fashion choices but she has confidence and personality. I hope she finds styles to emphasize these qualities, considering that money is no object.

19. EmmaWoodhouse October 29, 2013 at 20:14 #

Simple though the look is, I think it is really graceful and elegant. I really love her style, tbh.