Lena Dunham In Reed Krakoff – Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Event & Dinner

Lena Dunham In Reed Krakoff - Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Dinner

As host of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund event, Lena Dunham turned to her favourite designer Reed Krakoff, who provided both her day and evening looks.

Day look: Her first look was a caramel leather short-sleeved Reed Krakoff Resort 2014 dress with a slit neckline, styled with gold bangles. I wish we could see the full length of this look because this is one of her best looks to date. I love the lacquered hair and makeup, especially the kohl-rimmed eyes and that salmon lip colour.

Evening look: After dark the actress was glowing wearing a neon-lime-green Reed Krakoff Resort 2014 strapless dress which also featured a loose-fitted skirt. I love the metallic accessories including Jimmy Choo ‘Elaine’ sandals, which perfected the look. Keeping the strong eye makeup from the day event, her hair was pulled back on this occasion.

I’m shocked to say it, but I really like both looks, however, she needed to hoick up the second look and spanx would’ve greatly improved the overall effect of both.

Baby steps.

Reed Krakoff

Credit: Style.com, Getty & McMullan/Sipa USA

Fan Bingbing In Chris by Christopher Bu - 2013 China Elegance Grand Ceremony

Fan Bingbing In Chris by Christopher Bu – 2013 China Elegance Grand Ceremony

Anna Wintour In Proenza Schouler - Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Dinner

Anna Wintour In Proenza Schouler – Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Dinner

34 Responses to Lena Dunham In Reed Krakoff – Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Event & Dinner

1. Alina October 24, 2013 at 18:32 #

I’m not shocked to say that I don’t like these looks.

2. Nat39 October 24, 2013 at 18:47 #

I like both looks too. The problem is the way Lena carries herself. Some improvement in posture/poise/presence department wouldn’t hurt. Otherwise, even a nice look ends up not looking so good.

• gabis October 25, 2013 at 02:13 #

I totally agree about the posture improvement.

• Ali F October 25, 2013 at 03:16 #

A bra would go a long way, too!

3. Luis October 24, 2013 at 18:54 #

Terrible!

4. DaG October 24, 2013 at 18:59 #

Please stop posting her “looks.” LOL.

• PLEASE October 25, 2013 at 00:19 #

• Saree October 25, 2013 at 02:55 #

FC doesn’t just post stuff cause it’s a BDOTW-worthy look. This site, to me, is about a range of designers being worn on the red carpet etc. and discussing them. They don’t need to be great, this isn’t terrific, but it’s a win for Lena.

And it’s a way for people to critique it – not to slander the celebrity – but offer our own suggestions on improving the look, much like FC does in looks that she doesn’t consider perfect.

Lena has her faults – I think she has improved on most of them here – but agree on comments she could greatly improve her posture cause it does bring down her look a lot in some cases, a lot of celebs do this all too often.

• Tori October 26, 2013 at 06:25 #

I agree. This site’s only bias is a love for fashion! I love FC’s approach, looking at the clothes first, not the bodies that wear them. It’s so refreshing in a media landscape that too often makes body shaming seem like a harmless thing to do.
        Anyway. I love that caramel dress!

5. LeeAnn October 24, 2013 at 19:13 #

Yuck

6. Marybeth October 24, 2013 at 19:14 #

Yes, let’s give credit for baby steps here. These dresses have a very good shape for her figure, so I applaud her choice.
    The leather dress doesn’t fit well, particularly in the bust — I think she might have gone up a size.
    Better foundation garments would help with both looks.
    I like the effort she put into her hair, doing two different styles.

• KatieKate October 25, 2013 at 07:30 #

Totally agree. I still don’t think she looks good ‘per se’, but for her, this is definitely improvement. One small step for Lena, one HUGE step for fashionkind.

7. dee October 24, 2013 at 19:21 #

I don’t like either look.

8. Maria October 24, 2013 at 19:22 #

Her hair and make up in the first look is Margot Tenebaum. It doesn’t look bad though! Some Spanx and a lesson in posture would do great things for her, but I think she looks really great in both dresses.

9. Daisy October 24, 2013 at 19:40 #

Atrocious !!

10. Lisa October 24, 2013 at 20:11 #

I see an improvement, so she deserves credit. I do not understand what “she needed to hoicking up the second look” means.

• Cole October 24, 2013 at 20:49 #

Maybe FC thinks the dress is sitting too low and accidentally combined the words “hoist” and “hike” into one word?

• KatieKate October 25, 2013 at 07:33 #

I thought maybe it’s a clever British word. If not, it should be, I like it. ‘Hoick’. Imma start sayin’ it’

• Cole October 26, 2013 at 17:37 #

According to Google…”Hoick” is to lift or pull abruptly or with effort. Thanks FC for teaching me a new word!

• june October 25, 2013 at 09:45 #

‘hoicking’ things up is a word we also use in australia (probably stolen from the british, though).

11. bunny October 24, 2013 at 20:59 #

i like both looks too. i would’ve loved the leather dress if it just fit a little better

12. kane October 24, 2013 at 23:44 #

I think she’s done way worse before.

• Yeliz October 25, 2013 at 11:29 #

Yes, and because of that, these two looks are OK for me.

13. Christine October 25, 2013 at 01:29 #

Her first look is ok

14. TeaAtTwo October 25, 2013 at 01:39 #

The first outfit looks so much better with Anna blocking her ghastly tattoo.

15. missy October 25, 2013 at 01:53 #

I hate to say it but 98% the times when I see her my first reaction is ‘Ew’.

16. gabis October 25, 2013 at 02:12 #

The overall impression I get from her is that she’s someone who doesn’t care about fashion or playing dress up. I bet she doesn’t even have a stylist. IMO it’s a shame because she’s gorgeous and since she has access to some of the best designers in the industry she could take a real advantage of it.
    As for the looks I like the day one better. The lime-green dress is beautiful. I hope I can see it on someone that actually put a little effort on dressing up.

17. SilentVisitor October 25, 2013 at 02:13 #

I think she looks great. She looks so good in the green dress and I like her hairstyle better there too.

18. charlotte October 25, 2013 at 07:16 #

A tip for all the girls with chubby arms: NEVER let the arms out!!!!

• june October 25, 2013 at 09:50 #

well, i have to say i’d disagree with that tip as a girl with chubby arms.

lena’s issue with dressing isn’t to do with her weight although high end fashion never designs for the average to bigger girl, it’s more that a. she doesn’t seem to care about it and b. her posture is terrible.

19. Denise October 25, 2013 at 09:02 #

I like the first look better. I like the colour of the second and the shoes, but unfortunately the fit is not so good. I like that she wears colour. These two looks show some improvement.

20. Lil's October 25, 2013 at 17:18 #

This girl is a pro at turning every attire tacky and awful. Take posture lessons and do some sport!

21. Larissa October 25, 2013 at 17:55 #

I can’t say that I like those looks. Her posture is terrible and I don’t think this kind of shape flatters her figure at all. Of course compared to her previous looks this is kind of an improvement but I think she can do better than this.

22. EmmaWoodhouse October 29, 2013 at 04:11 #

Still terrible. *Sigh* She just never gets it right.