Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior - 'Saving Mr Banks' London Film Festival Closing Night Gala Premiere

Following the ‘Locke’ premiere on Friday evening, Ruth Wilson was back on the red carpet (alongside Lily Allen) for the Closing Night Gala premiere of ‘Saving Mr Banks’ during the 57th BFI London Film Festival held at the Odeon Leicester Square on Sunday evening.

The British actress wore a Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture strapless fitted midnight-blue bustier dress with orange, cobalt-blue and red brushstrokes.

An oversized oval-shaped sapphire cuff and black mesh Dior pumps with a sculptured heel accessorized the look, complementing the edgier vibe of the Dior piece.

On this occasion the hair was thankfully much improved.

Do you love the Dior look on Ruth or had you earmarked it for Marion Cotillard? I know I had.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Poppy Delevingne In Matthew Williamson - Elyse Walker’s Pink Party

Poppy Delevingne In Matthew Williamson – Elyse Walker’s Pink Party

24 Responses to Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior – ‘Saving Mr Banks’ London Film Festival Closing Night Gala Premiere

1. Tracy October 21, 2013 at 13:57 #

From the thigh upwards this is an amazing look, but I just cannot get on board with those shoes.

2. Alina October 21, 2013 at 13:58 #

I was hoping to see this dress on Anne Hathaway. :)

Anyway, the dress looks great on Ruth, but the shoes are competing for attention. IMO, simple sandals would have been a better choice.

3. Mandy October 21, 2013 at 14:02 #

Although i would have love to see this on Marion, Ruth is rocking it. She’s actually making me like this collection.

4. Christine October 21, 2013 at 14:04 #

I like this on her but the cuff was not needed. Seems a little last minute.

5. Mary October 21, 2013 at 14:16 #

I dont like the collection and this is no different. As for the shoes, i cant see anything beyond 2 sizes too big. Hair & makeup are lovely.

• Lashae October 21, 2013 at 14:30 #

• Iva October 21, 2013 at 15:04 #

• Nat October 21, 2013 at 19:22 #

• rina October 24, 2013 at 14:44 #

it’s not the first time ruth wears bigger size shoes. if she’s ore comfortable with that I don’t mind.

6. Maria October 21, 2013 at 14:39 #

I think it’s fab on her. I’m sick of Mme. Cotillard snagging all the good couture!

7. Pedro October 21, 2013 at 14:40 #

I love the dress and the shoes!!!

8. dee October 21, 2013 at 14:45 #

I like this ankles up. The dress works on her and I love the bracelet with the dress. Those shoes however are ugly.

9. shap_half October 21, 2013 at 15:20 #

She looks great to me. I think her styling actually creates a beautiful overall vibe. It’s fashion forward yet sophisticated. This is one of the rare moments where that silhouette (fitted to the mid calf) actually works really well.

10. Carrie October 21, 2013 at 16:20 #

I want to love this, but I can’t get on board with the shoes or the length of the dress.

11. Lee ann October 21, 2013 at 16:51 #

I think it is unfortunate that the red carpet competes with the bottom part of the dress. I am not a fan of the resort collection but I do like this on her and prefer the cuff to the necklace. he shoes are ok -i think a sandal would be too dainty.

12. Nat39 October 21, 2013 at 17:23 #

While it doesn’t wow me, it’s an unusual look, and she def. gets points for interesting accessorization that plays up the edgier feel of the look. And I think Ruth is doing a great job carrying it off. As she’s shown in the past she def. has the presence to work more ‘difficult’ looks.

13. kane October 21, 2013 at 17:55 #

There is something about this that doesn’t work for me. I find this styling quite tame, toning down the dress rather than enhancing the look.

14. Yeliz October 21, 2013 at 18:46 #

I love this totally from the ankles up. The shoes are horrid. The rest is amazing.

15. Rebecca Z October 21, 2013 at 20:38 #

The shoes are 1) ugly and 2) look dangerous. I don’t know why women are willing to risk their ankle and foot bones this way–there are plenty of interesting shoes without running the risk of ending up in the ER. Now that that’s off my chest, I really like everything else–the dress, bracelet, hair and makeup are lovely.

16. TeaAtTwo October 21, 2013 at 21:56 #

I would have loved to have seen this on Marion but Ruth has donned this dress well. Shame the shoes don’t fit though.

17. Dhppy October 21, 2013 at 22:16 #

While I can’t say that I love it, I do like it. I appreciate the risk taking in the choice of dress and accessories. The hair is well done and the make-up is stunningly good. There’s nothing wrong here, it just appeals to my head rather than my heart.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 24, 2013 at 14:20 #

Well said. I feel the same. It’s not a dress I would love but it’s a bold, interesting choice and frankly she looks fantastic!

18. KatieKate October 22, 2013 at 04:10 #

I love this and the shoes are awesome! I don’t think that particular cuff was necessary, but i don’t hate it. I looooove her hair and makeup, and the colors of the dress look great on her. I really didn’t care for this collection, but I am so happy to see it having some hits!

19. Denise October 22, 2013 at 11:27 #

I like everything but the cuff.