17.10.13 Beauty, Makeup

Katy Perry for CoverGirl

Katy Perry CoverGirl 4

Yesterday, CoverGirl announced that singer Katy Perry would be the next face of the brand, joining the likes of Sofia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Janelle Monae and Drew Barrymore.

Katy’s first campaign will debut in the spring of 2014, but the singer and the brand both shared this picture yesterday.

In a press release, the brand teased that Katy will be promoting ‘bold new beauty looks’ created by makeup artist and CoverGirl global creative director Pat McGrath.

To get the romantic look Katy is rocking in the photo, try CoverGirl’s Clean Glow blush in Roses, Clump Crusher Extensions Lash Blash mascara and LipPerfection lipstick in Euphoria 360.

What do you think, is Katy the perfect face for the brand?

Are you excited to see the rest of her photos roll out?

Clean Glow Blush in Roses
Clump Crusher Extensions Lash Blash Mascara
LipPerfection Lipstick in Euphoria 360

Credit: Courtesy of CoverGirl

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday

Elizabeth Olsen In Chloé - 'Romeo And Juliet' Off Broadway Opening Night

Elizabeth Olsen In Chloé – ‘Romeo And Juliet’ Off Broadway Opening Night

9 Responses to Katy Perry for CoverGirl

1. Jui October 17, 2013 at 19:39 #

Pat mcgrath….. Brilliant!
    Katy perry…. Fresh face and minimal makeup….. More brilliant!

2. Kathy October 17, 2013 at 20:54 #

I have a hard time seeing Katy as a beauty girl. Perfume? Fine, I get it, her bottles are interesting and the ads are creative enough. But makeup-wise, Katy never does anything interesting and this ad here just bores me to death. She has that fake deer-in-the-headlights expression and looks like she doesn’t know what to do with her hands.

3. KatieKate October 18, 2013 at 02:50 #

I love Katy Perry, and yet she doesn’t really strike me as a ‘Cover Girl’. I’m totally open-minded to the possibility, though. Who knows, maybe it will be a great partnership. But I kind of agree with Kathy that this isn’t the greatest start. Guess we’ll see….

4. Christine October 18, 2013 at 03:50 #

Pretty cover

5. Prudence October 18, 2013 at 05:56 #

hmm this is an odd collab, this is so not her. Covergirl did not make a good choice, I cannot associate her with CG at all.

6. ay October 18, 2013 at 08:21 #

i think i will be able to relate katy to covergirl’s more colourful make up range

7. Pam October 18, 2013 at 15:19 #

She looks fantastic in that picture. CoverGirl sells inexpensive makeup to teens and young women. Seems like a good match to me.

8. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2013 at 20:50 #

She looks so pretty with less makeup.

9. Klaus G. December 7, 2013 at 13:29 #

The look really suits Katy. She just doesn’t want blue wigs and screaming makeup anymore, she’s moved on from that! She is so beautiful, and this photo shows it, I can only describe that as divine. Well done, Katy!