17.10.13

Kate Winslet For Vogue US November 2013

kate-winslet-00_140314907414

Kate Winslet graces the cover of the November 2013 issue of American Vogue – shot by Mario Testino – wearing a Donna Karan black jersey dress and a Duro Olowu metallic silk-jacquard cape.

Looking windswept and gorgeous, the pregnant star flaunts her baby bump in yet more black dresses, allowing the vibrant coloured or printed coats to be the main attraction.

Kate talks to the mag about her new projects, new baby, and her new husband.

Here are some extracts from Vogue her interview.

On how she runs her household: “You know what? Of course I could have a cook, of course I could have a housekeeper, of course I could have a full-time personal trainer. But I choose not to because that is not what I want my children to be exposed to. I remember my mother cooking and that’s being a parent, and that’s what I want to do.”

On her kids: “Of course they have lovely relationships with their dads, but they don’t go and live with them for a week and come to me for a week and go to their dads for a week. They’ve always been with me. They don’t go from pillar to post. They’re not flown here and there with nannies. That’s never happened.”

On her favourite actress: “I’d probably say Meryl, obviously Meryl.”

The magazine hits newsstands on October 22.

Credit: Mario Testino for Vogue

Kristin Cavallari's Rag & Bone/JEAN 'Skinny' Stretch Jeans

Kristin Cavallari’s Rag & Bone/JEAN ‘Skinny’ Stretch Jeans

Katie Aselton In Pamella Roland - The Paley Center for Media's 2013 Benefit Gala Honouring FX Networks

Katie Aselton In Pamella Roland – The Paley Center for Media’s 2013 Benefit Gala Honouring FX Networks

18 Responses to Kate Winslet For Vogue US November 2013

1. kane October 17, 2013 at 13:29 #

She looks good, if in parts unrecognisable. The wavy hair theme is a bit repetitive.

• Alina October 17, 2013 at 13:39 #

• Christine October 17, 2013 at 14:32 #

2. Pedro October 17, 2013 at 14:29 #

She looks gorgeous!

3. Kate October 17, 2013 at 16:08 #

She looks gorgeous! But I wish ‘VOGUE’ on the cover was behind her face, I find it totally distracting.

4. Caro Chanel October 17, 2013 at 16:18 #

This is a beautiful picture although overly photoshopped. Hair and face look like a painting.

• molly October 17, 2013 at 19:40 #

Obviously its been airbrushed, but doesnt Kate still have that clause that says her editorials are not to be photoshopped beyond color correction and filters to match the picture background? Maybe she ended that, but if its still in effect, this shouldnt have been airbrushed much at all.
      Anyway, Im not huge on the cover shot but the editorial is stunning. I love the last picture.

5. Daisy October 17, 2013 at 16:36 #

She’s over photoshopped and she looks like the Victoria secrets’ model (also British I reckon). She has a beautiful face as it is.

6. cartouche October 17, 2013 at 17:07 #

i have no hope for US vogue. i know they over photoshop everything but how could they make kate look this awful?

7. Prudence October 17, 2013 at 17:21 #

The only reason I will be purchasing this is because Kate is my favorite actress because the Photoshopping has gone overboard at Vogue. Kate is so beautiful she doesnt need all that and the overly shiny wavy hair is soo weird. I do love that they featured her pregnant even though I would have preferred a non close up shot for the cover.

8. Betty Brandenburg October 17, 2013 at 17:36 #

Photoshopped tobwithin an inch of her life. Why bother having a photographer like Testino take a shot of her and then make her unrecognisable? What a terrible cover.

9. Joy October 17, 2013 at 17:55 #

For some reason, it seems Kate is the celebrity that is always accused of being photoshopped (more than others). I have so much respect for her as an actress & the way she carry’s herself. I love how her style is always true. I don’t love the cover, something about the dress reminds me of a swimsuit. I wish they had shot the dress with the coat differently. But I adore Kate!

10. JJ October 17, 2013 at 18:46 #

So aliens do exist.

11. Kathy October 17, 2013 at 20:59 #

I have to disagree with the complaints about over-Photoshopping. Kate is still instantly recognizeable. There’s nothing about that cover that makes you hesitant about whether or not it’s her, even if you didn’t see her name printed there. Yes, her face looks stiff but that could be due to a number of factors including cakey makeup. Nevertheless, the editorial is beautiful.

• KatieKate October 18, 2013 at 03:31 #

ITA! There’s a major difference btwn Photoshopping someone beyond recognition, and making them look flawless, which I feel is more likely what the case is here. She’s just that damn beautiful!! :-)

12. KatieKate October 18, 2013 at 03:28 #

The editorial photos are some of the most amazingly gorgeous I have seen. I am so happy they did the photos of her so far along b/c Photoshop or no, she is glowing, and just amazing. I love the clothes and the venue too. Beautiful!

13. An October 18, 2013 at 12:13 #

I think it’s all a big lie when she makes it sound like she doesn’t have a cook or a nanny. If you employ help, it’s no big deal. I find it hard to believe she cooks everyday for her kids and does housework; housekeeping that is.

Kate’s a great actress and a lovey person, but celebs like her need to stop trying to convince us that they have a down to earth lifestyle, when nobody really cares or is judging them for having the means to hire staff.

14. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2013 at 20:41 #

She is beautiful–more beautiful than this over-kill photoshop. Some great pics though.