14.10.13 Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior – ‘Big Sur’ Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior - 'Big Sur' Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth attended the 5th Annual Carmel Art & Film Festival for her premiere of her latest movie, ‘Big Sur’ held at Sunset Cultural Arts Center in Carmel, California on Sunday evening.

The actress wore a sweet pink Christian dress featuring a satin criss-cross bodice which tied at the back; tulip-shaped skirt and open-back, which she styled with with Dior Fine Jewelry ‘Bois de Rose’ white-gold and diamonds bracelet plus ‘Bois de Rose’ white-gold and diamonds earrings.

Sadly the look was let down by her footwear.

Such a pretty summery frock deserved a more complementary pair of heels.

I can’t say I am much of a fan of the clutch either. In short, only the dress, jewels and the fuchsia-pink lip colour are working for me here.

Credit: Getty

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

Pace Wu In Carolina Herrera - Pro-Series Shampoo Event

Pace Wu In Carolina Herrera – Pro-Series Shampoo Event

12 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior – ‘Big Sur’ Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine October 14, 2013 at 15:44 #

This is not a good look. Nothing is working here imo

• Alina October 14, 2013 at 15:48 #

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 14, 2013 at 15:54 #

I agree with FC, pretty dress and lip. It ends there. Shoes are traumatic.

3. Mary October 14, 2013 at 15:55 #

I mean… really? What on earth possessed her?

4. dee October 14, 2013 at 16:09 #

Don’t like the dress or shoes.

5. Lee ann October 14, 2013 at 17:15 #

I love the two toned cream and soft pink and I think the dress is stunning from the side. But from the front it looks ill fitting which to my eye causes the overall proportion to be wrong-it needs to be an inch or so longer. What really is surprising tho is Dior has the prettiest asymetrical cream,pink and light yellow shoes ( I think they were SS 2013) which would have been perfect with this dress!

• KatieKate October 15, 2013 at 00:45 #

This boggles the mind. SO often, in the face of far better options, celebs CHOOSE to wear drab, lackluster, inappropriate, and often downright ugly footwear. I still don’t understand it! This dress is adorable, yet she ruined the whole look with those shoes. Granted, the clutch isn’t good either, but in comparison, seems negligible.

6. Nat39 October 14, 2013 at 18:55 #

I think she looks charming in this dress. The shoes do bring it down.

7. Yeliz October 14, 2013 at 19:19 #

The dress is OK, I’m not liking her styling.

8. EmmaWoodhouse October 14, 2013 at 20:08 #

The dress is in desperate need of being elevated (if it can work at all, of which fact I am semi-doubtful). She was on the right track with the peppy but elegant hair and makeup, and I like the clutch–but a statement cuff and amazing shoes were needed. As it is, this ship sunk.

9. Valissa October 15, 2013 at 00:05 #

The dress is pretty…nothing special but still pretty. And I do love her hair and makeup! It’s the shoes that ruin this! Otherwise it would’ve been a cute look…

10. Beth Rodrigues October 15, 2013 at 00:34 #

Why is she standing as if she’s about to be searched? Shame about those shoes…