Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 'Only Lovers Left Alive' New York Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton attended the ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ premiere during the 51st New York Film Festival held at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City yesterday evening.

As Tilda’s biggest champion I should have my pompoms out by now, but I just couldn’t get on board with her latest Haider Ackermann look featuring a disco-inspired multi-coloured embellished shawl-collared jacket which hails from the Spring 2014 collection.

Loving the jacket and pants, my issue here is the brown silk shirt.

While I don’t expect her to go bare like the runway model, the brown doesn’t mesh well with the rest of the look, for my personal liking. I wish it was black or that she had opted for a semi-sheer shirt.

I do, however, love that bold red lip.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé - 51st New York Film Festival Gala Tribute To Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – 51st New York Film Festival Gala Tribute To Cate Blanchett

Georgia May Jagger In Christopher Kane & Julien MacDonald - Rimmel London: ’180 Years Of Cool’ Photocall & Party

Georgia May Jagger In Christopher Kane & Julien MacDonald – Rimmel London: ’180 Years Of Cool’ Photocall & Party

9 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ New York Film Festival Premiere

1. Ariel October 11, 2013 at 13:59 #

I know everyone will comment how classy and unique she is, but I dislike her style, including hair and make-up.

2. kane October 11, 2013 at 14:00 #

I have never been uber-wowed by her style, but I get her fashion choices less and less in the past few months.

3. daisy October 11, 2013 at 14:46 #

I don’t mind the jacket, but the inside shirt is too dark and heavy… any suggestions?

4. dee October 11, 2013 at 15:41 #

I only like her jacket. The pants are too long and I don’t like the shirt.

5. CreoleLady October 11, 2013 at 18:46 #

This is just sloppy, don’t know why she’s walking the RC in it. There was a time when Swinton-Ackermann meant (at least for me) fabulous jewel-tones, unorthodox but sharp tailoring and a great balance between femme and homme in a single look. But recently — no.

6. KatieKate October 12, 2013 at 19:09 #

This is very sloppy looking, as someone said. So unfortunate too–I love this jacket. It was one of my favorite items from the collection, and I was hoping she would wear it, but she has styled it so poory, that it has completely lost its original appeal. :( My face is truly frowning at this. And her face is SO shiny, to boot. Just a bad day for Tilda, but I might hold a slight grudge for letting me down so much with that jacket…

7. Yeliz October 12, 2013 at 19:10 #

The jacket is the only thing which I can give a pass to.

8. EmmaWoodhouse October 13, 2013 at 23:45 #

Love the jacket, not the rest really but it’s not horrific for me.

9. Christine October 14, 2013 at 02:30 #