Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Fan Bingbing attended the 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night held at the China World Summit Wing in Beijing, China yesterday evening.

It didn’t take the Asian actress long to don her first look from the Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture collection.

Bingbing looked beautiful wearing a navy sheer one-shoulder gown with an embellished top half, but sadly the navy bra ruins the look for me.

With Nieves Alvarez’s sheer Elie Saab gown undergarments weren’t an issue, but here Bingbing should’ve considered a flesh-coloured bra that would’ve been less noticeable.

Bra aside, I love the styling of this look, which included a Louis Vuitton minaudiere, silver jewels and a punchy pink lip colour.

Do you find yourself also being bothered by her navy bra?

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Rita Ora In Moschino - Rimmel London: '180 Years Of Cool' Party

Rita Ora In Moschino – Rimmel London: ’180 Years Of Cool’ Party

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 'Only Lovers Left Alive' New York Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ New York Film Festival Premiere

30 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

1. Denise October 11, 2013 at 12:24 #

This is an awesome gown! I wish her hair was up and as for the bra, maybe she chose this colour because a nude colour would be more obvious/distracting under the flashes.

2. Nat October 11, 2013 at 12:26 #

I usually love her, and even more in Elie Saab, but here she ruined a gorgeous gown.
    Not only the bra is terrible, but that Barbie lipstick has no place near this elegant dress: the lipstick screams cheap while the gown says couture.
    Plus, with a one shoulder neckline she should have opted for an updo or at least put her hair behind her shoulder.

• Iva October 11, 2013 at 12:40 #

ITA

• molly October 11, 2013 at 13:21 #

Completely agree.
      I dont know about anyone else, but I have a hard time liking her in anything anymore especially after he antics at this years Oscars. She is exhausting and repetitive.

• kane October 11, 2013 at 13:46 #

Oh I must have missed it. What did she do?

• Catherine Kallon October 11, 2013 at 14:44 #

Kane, she wore 3 different gowns to 3 different parties on Oscar night

• kane October 11, 2013 at 15:28 #

Thanks for filling me in, Catherine! Extravagant, maybe even decadent, but not unfortunate sartorially speaking, is it? ;-)

• Nat October 11, 2013 at 14:00 #

• dee October 11, 2013 at 15:30 #

I agree.

• KatieKate October 12, 2013 at 19:16 #

I agree on all points. Let me include that I don’t find this dress flattering on her either-the way it bunches at the waist, and does odd things to her hips. It just really loses aLOT of its appeal from how it appears on the model. So sad and unlike her, IMO. I think she usually looks radiant.

3. Joy October 11, 2013 at 12:44 #

It pains my heart to say this, but just don’t like this look. Maybe I’m being too critical, I mean Fan is so glamorous, she is always one of my favorites. But I just don’t like it. I think it’s the bra & the whole top see through part. Maybe it misses the belt? I also don’t like her hair & the lipstick, I feel like I could go on and on. So maybe it’s just me…

• Mandy October 11, 2013 at 13:16 #

you’re not alone, i feel exactly the same way. I think its the missing belt and exposed bra for me.

4. Alice October 11, 2013 at 13:05 #

Fan Bingbing recently in the new movie,so we haven’t seen her.And she let herself be fat for new movie.She looked a bit tired

5. Emily October 11, 2013 at 13:11 #

I am more bothered by the Fan+Elie Saab combo than anything else…yawn!!!

6. Alex October 11, 2013 at 13:15 #

Long time no see Fan Bingbing!!!I’m so happy to see her new modelling!

7. Dolly October 11, 2013 at 13:31 #

The long hair is far too distracting, an up-do would have been much preferred. The overall look just doesnt look as elegant as one would expect from a Saab gown, and I think it’s her that’s bringing it down

8. kane October 11, 2013 at 13:44 #

I’m surprised to say this about an Elie Saab, but I ADORE this on the runway. The assymetrical top around the waist is exquisite and the model wears it well. As for Bingbing’s take, however, I agree with the others: I almost find the bra the least of this looks problem, although it too is baffling. The hair, the clutch, the lip… all no’s for me. My biggest problem however is the fit of the top. It doesn’t look right at all and makes her appear boxy.

• gabis October 11, 2013 at 13:50 #

9. gabis October 11, 2013 at 13:49 #

I detest this look head-to-toe. The dress is ill-fitted, the visible bra is hideous and the belt is definitely missing. The hair is lackluster and distracting and the makeup weird and heavy.
    I agree with Nat here’s a gorgeous gown she totally ruined.

10. H October 11, 2013 at 14:58 #

I don’t get why everyone hates her make up and hair, but she looks really pretty, is just that it would have been better for it to be pulled up. But I am really glad to see her again.

11. jo October 11, 2013 at 15:08 #

The dress itself is gorgeous but I really dislike her styling. The visible bra looks awkward and the make up is just a big misunderstanding.

12. Daisy October 11, 2013 at 15:41 #

I normally don’t like mesh sequin dress, but this dress looks very nice on the model. It is just ill fitting on Fan Binbin, the bra, the hair, and the lipstick just don’t work. I am sure if you can see she always wear those ugly platform shoes!

13. anonymous as always October 11, 2013 at 18:51 #

I have been a big fan of Elie Saab even before he becomes soooo famous. But I have to admit I believe there is a trap in his dresses. They are so beautiful (you have to try really hard to be in the worst dressed list in Elie Saab) but first you still have to “work them”, so that you can show their true beauty and divinity (otherwise it’s unfair to the dress) and secondly you can’t overdo it and wear Elie Saab all the time. It loses it’s wow effect. It’s like exchange gifts every weekend and then expect Christmas gifts to remain special. In Fan Bingbing’s case I think she fell into both traps.
    p.s. sorry for my miny monologue XD

• KatieKate October 12, 2013 at 20:46 #

This is a great comparison. So true! :-)

14. XIAO WANG October 12, 2013 at 04:08 #

I love her so I love everything on her although i have to admit that this is not her best look. She must be very tired because she has several movies and a lot of work. but anyway, you should check her latest looks for Golden Ladies , a wedding dress brand in China. She looks gorgeous in every wedding gown. Hope she can have a rest.

15. Yeliz October 12, 2013 at 18:54 #

I love this stunning gown and the minaudiere, but the bra and the lipstick ruined the whole look. Also her hair should’ve been up.

16. TeaAtTwo October 13, 2013 at 18:56 #

I don’t mind the hair being down because it’s mixes up her usual ‘princess perfect in Elie Saab’ look but the bra spoils the final look a bit but doesn’t kill the beautiful dress.

17. EmmaWoodhouse October 13, 2013 at 23:38 #

Gorgeous dress, wish she’d lined the top instead of tackyfying it up. Also the hair should be an updo and a red lip would have been superb.

18. Christine October 14, 2013 at 02:31 #

She is not working this

19. Louise October 14, 2013 at 14:45 #

The lipstick and the navy bra are all wrong, and so are the orange eyebrows – what’s wrong with her natural black?