10.10.13

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vintage Yves Saint Laurent - The Lunchbox Fund Fall Fete And Feedie App Launch

Maggie Gyllenhaal joined Liv Tyler at The Lunchbox Fund Fall Fête held at Buddakan in New York City yesterday, where they launched the charity’s philanthropy app, Feedie.

The actress donned a vintage Yves Saint Laurent printed wrap dress dating back to the 1980s which still looks great today.

Her V-neck dress with puff sleeves was simply styled with black pumps and her usual barely-there makeup regime.

You may remember that Gwyneth Paltrow wore the red print version of this dress back in 2008, proving that this dress really stands the test of time.

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Saint Laurent - Hollywood Bowl

Katy Perry In Saint Laurent – Hollywood Bowl

Katie Holmes' Michael Kors 'Avra' Pointed Snakeskin Pumps

Katie Holmes’ Michael Kors ‘Avra’ Pointed Snakeskin Pumps

13 Responses to Maggie Gyllenhaal In Vintage Yves Saint Laurent – The Lunchbox Fund Fall Fete And Feedie App Launch

1. kane October 10, 2013 at 18:17 #

Yeah, I know that the 80s were big on shoulder pads, but the dresses seem to make both Gwyn and Maggie look bigger than they are. Especially around what seem to be “shoulders like Johnny Weissmuller,” but also a bit around the waist.

• Sleepless in Chicago October 13, 2013 at 00:13 #

yes – bigger and older. It is shocking how this dress ages her – ouch!

2. Nat39 October 10, 2013 at 18:23 #

Can’t get on board with that hairstyle but I think she looks delightful in this dress, even with simple black pumps.

• Yeliz October 10, 2013 at 23:53 #

Agreed.

3. dee October 10, 2013 at 18:24 #

Really dislike the shoulder pads. I would have probably cut them out if I could. I like the dress despite that.

• Christine October 11, 2013 at 03:40 #

4. KatieKate October 10, 2013 at 23:53 #

I can’t believe you remembered Gwyneth wore that 5 years ago!

It’s not exciting, but it’s okay. Pretty much what I would expect from Maggie. I don’t think the shoulder pads are that bad.

5. kelly October 11, 2013 at 04:57 #

I think that it highlights how unwearable the current Saint Laurent clothing is most women who aren’t Kate Moss or Lady Gaga. It’s wonderful seeing someone wear something that looks new and trendy and to be honest, better than what is being produced now by Saint Laurent. The shoulder pads are not that obvious but removing them would have taken some of the structure out of the shoulders.

I love the juxtaposition of Maggie Gyllenhaal and Katy Perry in new Saint Laurent in the next post. Katy picked one of the better pieces from the Fall collection, but Maggie is the winner here hands down. She shows how you don’t have to pick a piece from a recent collection to look good.

6. manja October 11, 2013 at 08:52 #

hate the hair,awfull,ruins everything

7. Denise October 11, 2013 at 09:09 #

Is is amazing how fresh and modern this dress looks just because it is timeless. The wearer doesn’t do it justice though. She looks so old with that haircut and the no make up trend doesn’t suit her. She looks washed out and tired. She should take notes from Sandra Bullock who is getting younger by the years.

8. amy October 11, 2013 at 13:16 #

I’m sorry but the haircut combined with the dress screams old lady. Maggie has been such a red carpet bore lately

• Natalie October 11, 2013 at 17:25 #

Lol! I have to agree with you.

9. EmmaWoodhouse October 13, 2013 at 03:07 #

I find the dress rather charming (not with the plunging neck on Gwyneth) if a little dated. Her hair, however, I cannot get on board with.