10.10.13

Kelly Clarkson In McQ Alexander McQueen – SiriusXM Studios

Kelly Clarkson In McQ Alexander McQueen - SiriusXM Studios

Kelly Clarkson visited the SiriusXM Studios in New York City on Tuesday to promote her Christmas album, ‘Wrapped Up’.

Getting in the festive mood early, the singer jumped on the plaid trend wearing a McQ Alexander McQueen fit-and-flare dress with a deep V-neckline, and exposed zippers snaking around the frock.

While I like the dress on Kelly, the cropped cardi gives the grunge-inspired frock a mumsy feel, and the red Valentino studded ankle-strap sandals are a tad OTT for such a vibrant dress.

Do you like anything about this, or are you thinking of wearing this look for Halloween?

SHop

McQ Alexander McQueen Plaid V Neck DressShopbop.com
Valentino Studded Leather SandalsNet-A-Porter.com

Credit: Getty

Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung - Tata Medical Center Fundraiser

Sonam Kapoor In Prabal Gurung – Tata Medical Center Fundraiser

Alexa Chung's Dolce & Gabbana Leather Box Bag

Alexa Chung’s Dolce & Gabbana Leather Box Bag

23 Responses to Kelly Clarkson In McQ Alexander McQueen – SiriusXM Studios

1. Alina October 10, 2013 at 14:44 #

This isn’t flattering at all.

2. dee October 10, 2013 at 14:50 #

I think the dress is making her appear wider and the plaid is overwhelming on her too. I think a longer jacket like a blazer would have looked better. The shoes are cute.

• Caro Chanel October 10, 2013 at 15:00 #

Agreed. She looks like a christmas present herself. Too much red from head to toe.

• KatieKate October 11, 2013 at 00:09 #

MTE. Too much red, equaling costumey. Too much plaid, equaling unflattering. Too much, too much, equaling way, way too much.

• Christine October 11, 2013 at 03:44 #

Agreed. cute shoes though

3. elaine2 October 10, 2013 at 15:06 #

On the runway version, the plaid matches up better and results in a better overall look. I think this dress doesn’t work too well on anyone but a model figure. The jacket does take it into mumsy territory and the shoes are all sorts of wrong for this dress.

4. KO October 10, 2013 at 16:01 #

What a nasty thing to say. No need to be so cruel when you’re writing your reviews – if she’d been slimmer can’t help but feel you would have been kinder.

• Catherine Kallon October 10, 2013 at 18:27 #

There is no malice in my review.

If you read properly I said I like the dress.

My issue is the styling.

Please don’t bring weight up as an issue because being accused of being sizest is something I take very seriously.

This site will always represent anyone no matter what size, colour or religion.

If were a regular reader you will know that the bottom line is often a tongue and cheek comment.

That applies in this case. I am glad everyone else who left a comment grasped that.

Good day to you.

Praise and blessings

• KatieKate October 11, 2013 at 00:17 #

I understand your rush to defense, but I assure you, FC is not biased against anyone based on weight, color, or any other physical characteristic. It simply comes down to the clothes, and these clothes were not to her liking. She is simply expressing her opinion, which she does on a daily basis, with women who are slimmer than Kelly, and women who are larger as well.

5. kane October 10, 2013 at 16:04 #

This trend needs to end.

6. Joy October 10, 2013 at 16:07 #

I really like the dress, whether it’s fashionable or not. I hate it with the shoes & cardigan. But I adore the dress, it reminds me so much of Alexander McQueen’s vintage stuff. I’d love to see it worn better. I’d kill for this dress.

7. Lara October 10, 2013 at 16:08 #

I like the look, and don’t mind the shoes. Think it may have been better without the cardigan. Minor point of correction, the album is called “Wrapped in Red”.

• Marina October 10, 2013 at 20:58 #

The name of the album explains some of this. But still, it looks like a bad Christmas outfit. I’m just glad thats she seems happy.

8. Malinda Jane October 10, 2013 at 16:56 #

I really don’t like this look at all. Not only is it mumsy, but it seems kind of dated and cheap. Like something you could’ve bought at the mall in the early 2000′s.

9. Sharon October 10, 2013 at 17:12 #

While I wish she’d worn a leather jacket and pumps instead of sandals, I still like the look — maybe because she looks happy.

10. Alex V October 10, 2013 at 18:17 #

Omg I could barely recognize her! She has changed a lot since the last time I listened to her (2003, I think so)Oh and nayy to the whole look

11. GGG October 10, 2013 at 18:55 #

Looks like an old lady’s christmas outfit. She’s way too youthful to be wearing that.

12. dressaddict October 10, 2013 at 20:35 #

Hmm, what is this?

13. Mike Zielonka October 10, 2013 at 22:35 #

She is not looking good at all…. :(

She use to be my crush but not anymore!!!!!!

14. Yeliz October 10, 2013 at 23:48 #

I don’t like the dress on its own to begin with and the styling definitely brings the whole look down.

15. Denise October 11, 2013 at 09:22 #

I really like the dress but my problem is too much red. If she styled it with a black blazer and black pumps (oh, yes!) just to tone down all the red it would look a lot better.

16. amy October 11, 2013 at 13:19 #

Halloween territory. the dress is so unflattering and makes her look bigger than she is. Not a fan

17. EmmaWoodhouse October 11, 2013 at 15:52 #

While it is fun and festive I think it’s not flattering to her. The cropped cardigan hits at an unfortunate point, making her look shortwaisted. The overdose of red makes it look a bit costumey.