Stana Katic In Donna Karan – ‘CBGB’ New York Premiere

Stana Katic In Donna Karan - 'CBGB' New York Premiere

Stana Katic attended the premiere of ‘CBGB: The Movie’ during the CBGB Music & Film Festival 2013 held at Landmark Sunshine Cinema in New York City yesterday evening.

The ‘Castle’ actress, who rarely dares to bare, has had a change of heart recently. She was leggy at the LA screening and busty at the ‘Elysium’ premiere.

On this occasion she bared her abs wearing a Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2013 black ensemble featuring a bustier top and high-waisted A-line skirt with an organza insert and hemline.

With her hair styled into retro, the look has a screen siren vibe, banishing any calls of this look being tacky.

My only wish is that the flick in her hair could’ve been achieved without the bobby pins being so visible.

Kohl-rimmed eyes and nude lips completed her look.

You may remember that Holland Roden wore a similar look, but as a dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Hudson's Viktor & Rolf Peplum Skirt

Jennifer Hudson’s Viktor & Rolf Peplum Skirt

Lea Michele In Fausto Puglisi - Four Seasons Hotel

Lea Michele In Fausto Puglisi – Four Seasons Hotel

17 Responses to Stana Katic In Donna Karan – ‘CBGB’ New York Premiere

1. CreoleLady October 9, 2013 at 12:38 #

Tacky. She would have been better off with the runway styling, which I quite like. FYI, the heat wave is over on the US east coast, so a swim top makes even less sense.

• Sienna October 9, 2013 at 12:47 #

Not my favorite style but tacky is a bit harsh.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 9, 2013 at 13:54 #

Totally agree. I love the skirt but the top is tacky.

2. ana October 9, 2013 at 12:44 #

terrible look. it looks like a sarah jessica parker knockoff, stana katic change your stylist. also bobby pins really?

3. Christine October 9, 2013 at 13:40 #

She is trying too hard in this getup.

4. Dean October 9, 2013 at 14:01 #

I agree, looks kinda tacky. Like she forgot to put on her blouse that day. I like everything else, but she needs to put on a shirt.

5. kane October 9, 2013 at 14:35 #

She’s forgotten half her wardrobe there. Looks nice enough in the lookbook though.

6. dee October 9, 2013 at 15:38 #

I don’t like this at all.

• Katrin October 9, 2013 at 19:15 #

Me neither. Something or everything is off with this look.

7. Neli October 9, 2013 at 16:43 #

Bad. Hate the hair here.

8. Nat39 October 9, 2013 at 19:54 #

Love the skirt, it’s adorable, ‘try-hard’ from the waist up.

• Yeliz October 9, 2013 at 22:43 #

9. Mandy October 9, 2013 at 23:37 #

Holland was much more successful in the dress version. I love the skirt but the top doesn’t work for me.

10. KatieKate October 10, 2013 at 03:28 #

Ugh! I love the lookbook version. Why did she do this?! I don’t necessarily find this tacky, but I do find it very tryhard and just plain unattractive. That hair is just beyond. I thought it was bad from far away, and then I saw it up close. Oh. Dear. God.

11. gail October 16, 2013 at 10:52 #

i like Stana, i think she is quite unique -not your typical hollywood actress type. unfortunately, its semms like she hasn’t found her “voice” on the red carpet yet, she always looks like she is trying too hard. the hair is awfull, and the dress version Holland wore is much prettier and would have fitted her better. seems like it’s time to change the stylist.

12. NotaFan October 18, 2013 at 10:42 #

There are hits and there are misses. And then there are…misses.

Now that I see another person wearing the look with a MUCH better top (& better hair too), I feel like she and Stana should be in an US Weekly “Who Wore It Best?” article? And, sadly, Stana would lose. Such a shame. If her stylist dresses all her clients this poorly, I’m guessing Stana is the only one. Who else would hire them? lol

13. Cami November 10, 2013 at 22:15 #

Like some already said there are hits and there are misses. I don’t think we can say her stylist is awful just because of this look in particular. If you take a look in all her looks from the past months you’ll see she was flawless in all of them but this one.
    The skirt is nice, but it looks a bit hard to match with anything. :/ Def not my fave Stana look.