09.10.13 Premiere

Mischa Barton In Erdem – ‘I Will Follow You Into The Dark’ LA Premiere

Mischa Barton In Erdem - 'I Will Follow You Into The Dark' LA Premiere

Mischa Barton walked the red carpet for the Los Angeles premiere of her new flick, ‘I Will Follow You Into The Dark,’ held at the Landmark Theater in California yesterday.

The actress, who has had a range of fashion highs and lows, didn’t dress to impress as much as I would have preferred this time out. She wore a rather tight, fit-and-flair Erdem black skirt in the label’s signature garden-floral print, paired with a too-sheer black tank top and nondescript black peep-toe heels.

Casual, barely-styled tresses and rosy-nude makeup tones didn’t add much punch either.

Was this statement lacking star power, in your opinion?

Credit: Getty

Lake Bell In Jenni Kayne - 2013 'Take Home A Nude' Benefit Art Auction And Party

Lake Bell In Jenni Kayne – 2013 ‘Take Home A Nude’ Benefit Art Auction And Party

Hayden Panettiere In Givenchy - Good Morning America

Hayden Panettiere In Givenchy – Good Morning America

17 Responses to Mischa Barton In Erdem – ‘I Will Follow You Into The Dark’ LA Premiere

1. Marina October 9, 2013 at 22:59 #

My first reaction was laughing. The skirt is too tight, the shirt is too casual and too see trought (sure the flashes don’t help. The whole look is so unimaginative.

• kane October 10, 2013 at 01:04 #

There is this saying in German that something leaves you unsure whether you should laugh or cry. Not sure if this qualifies, it’s just tragic. The see-through top I can forgive. It’s not really okay, but might have been an oversight. Can’t make up any excuse of that skirt though.

2. Yeliz October 9, 2013 at 23:39 #

The skirt is way too tight and the visible bra makes me dislike this look even more.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 10, 2013 at 00:26 #

+1 This is awful.

3. Sharon October 10, 2013 at 01:17 #

There is nothing good about this look. Even if it fit properly, htere would still be nothing good about it. She sure is having a hard time finding the right fashions.

4. Pam October 10, 2013 at 01:21 #

That face makes up for a lot of fashion sins. She’s gorgeous.

• jeremyrain October 10, 2013 at 05:29 #

Every time I see Mischa Barton’s face, she always looks “high” on something.

5. gabis October 10, 2013 at 02:46 #

Hideous and really distasteful. She’s desperately in the need of some fashion advice.

6. Christine October 10, 2013 at 03:35 #

Wow. How the mighty have fallen.

Terrible. Hot mess.

7. KatieKate October 10, 2013 at 08:21 #

My first reaction whenever I see her is truly to feel bad/sad for her. I saw her on stylist June Ambrose’s short lived TV show, where she did somewhat of a style intervention for her, and then styled her really beautifully for some big event. She looked great, of course, but obviously the partnership didn’t last. You could tell that Mischa so badly wanted to get it right. She apparently just does not have fashion sense to speak of.

• Caro Chanel October 10, 2013 at 09:46 #

The thing is I really used to love Mischas style when she was on the O.C. ten years ago. She was wearing a lot of Boho at the time and was sort of my fashion icon. Rachel Zoe used to be her stylist then and I remember seeing her beeing mentioned in Instyle every month. Everyone was crazy about her. So what exactly happened to her that she started to develop this awful taste?

• KatieKate October 11, 2013 at 02:33 #

IDK. This is a true fashion mystery.

8. sabrina g. October 10, 2013 at 12:03 #

I don’t like this outfit. I don’t belive that she is best when she was thin, but now she couldn’t choose this tipe of skirt or maybe is better in a size bigger!

9. dee October 10, 2013 at 14:15 #

This is bad.

10. zineb October 10, 2013 at 14:27 #

I can’t believe how did one of the most stylish girls in Hollywood turn to this? She used to be a fashion Icon (But I mean LONG time ago)

11. Dolly October 11, 2013 at 13:46 #

I agree that the skirt is horrendous, but from the waist up (if the top wasnt quite so see-through) I actually think she looks the best I have seen her for a long time. The hair and make-up is understated and nice and I think she looks happier in herself than she has in a while. So I am not going to tear it apart alltogether. It’s by no means a wow-moment, but given her ups and downs over the years, I can appreciate she is looking better

12. J October 15, 2013 at 13:08 #

I remember the good ole days…