05.10.13

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior – Variety’s 5th Annual Power of Women Event

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior - Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women Event

Jessica Alba attended Variety’s 5th Annual Power of Women event held at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on Friday afternoon, where her company, The Honest Company sponsored a special lounge.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing a figure-hugging Christian Dior Fall 2013 anthracite and black wool metallic houndstooth strapless dress.

I love how this collection has managed to stay fresh with many actress selecting off-runway pieces.

Jessica styled her dress with silver metallic Jimmy Choo ‘Myth’ strappy sandals, a black patent leather Dior clutch and a selection of jewels from Jennifer Meyer, Joan Hornig, EF Collection, ELAHN Jewels and Reframed.

Side-parted wavy tresses, a glossy pout and metallic teal nails completed her look.

I wish her hair had a bit more life to it, as this is yet another great look from Jessica.

You can buy Jessica’s Jimmy Choo ‘Myth’ Sandals from Saks.com and Saks.com UK

Credit: Getty

Kerry Washington In Vince Camuto - Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women Event

Kerry Washington In Vince Camuto – Variety’s 5th Annual Power of Women Event

Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney - Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women Event

Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney – Variety’s 5th Annual Power of Women Event

18 Responses to Jessica Alba In Christian Dior – Variety’s 5th Annual Power of Women Event

1. Ramsay October 5, 2013 at 11:52 #

Yes I like that
    Dior shows so many (too many?) variations of the looks shows on the runway
    But this one is a very nice one

2. Alina October 5, 2013 at 12:23 #

Looks like the dress could have been better fitted around the bust area. Plus, the clutch is a little too big. It seems like everyone at this event wore big clutches.

3. Fiona-Brasil October 5, 2013 at 13:28 #

Simply perfect.

4. Yeliz October 5, 2013 at 14:10 #

I agree about the hair and I don’t like the clutch, but I love the dress and the shoes.

• Christine October 5, 2013 at 14:33 #

5. msd October 5, 2013 at 14:28 #

The clutch is too big, the dress is too small and she’s about two seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction.

• KatieKate October 5, 2013 at 20:30 #

I kind of have to agree. I hate to be super nitpicky, but the dress is also a bit too long, and as was already stated, her hair needs some work. I like the shoes, but b/c the dress cuts her legs off, the fact that they come up above her ankles, further enhances that fact. There are just a slew of visual idiosyncrasies causing this to not look its best, or her, her best. In regards to the dress, though, on its own merits, it’s my favorite of the event.

• Dean October 7, 2013 at 12:52 #

Well said!

• Sleepless in Chicago October 7, 2013 at 13:00 #

Agreed. A nice minaudierre would be better.

6. Prudence October 5, 2013 at 17:53 #

ditching Rachel for Brad was one of the smartest things she has ever done

• Catherine Kallon October 5, 2013 at 21:39 #

She is with Emily and Meritt now

• KatieKate October 6, 2013 at 16:56 #

No! :( I am super sad to hear that. I thought Brad did a great job with her, and I know he adored her! I wonder what happened. Oh well…

7. Carrie October 6, 2013 at 01:10 #

I LOVE this look. My only nitpick would be the length of the dress.

8. pinksugar October 6, 2013 at 02:16 #

I agree with a few of the others. The bust ruins the look for me. It’s too small and her boobs look like they are gonna fly out at any minute. I also agree the clutch is too heavy for the dress. I usually like what she wears but this is a rare fail for me.

9. jokebetweenthetrees October 6, 2013 at 12:32 #

The dress is to long. The boobs are to much (for this event), the bag is to big and the shoes have to much straps (I love them, but not with this dress).
    But on the “best dressed for this event” rating, she is number one so far!

10. LeeAnn October 6, 2013 at 15:45 #

I love her in this dress and whilst I would never put those shoes with the dress they work on her. I like the length albeit it suits taller women more but had she shortened it she would have cheapened it-Dior does not make Boob tubes. I wish she had carried the clutch with the shoe the one she has is a bit too big. But this is all nit picking because she looks great

11. Denise October 7, 2013 at 06:49 #

I don’t like this look at all. The print is boring, it is too long and too small in the bust area. The hair is a bit casual, and I don’t agree just because she showed up she has to win best dressed. There were other looks better put together and far more interesting than this.

12. EmmaWoodhouse October 7, 2013 at 13:37 #

I would like the dress if it were not so tight and not so revealing. As it is it’s verging on wardrobe malfunction/tacky area. I like the houndstooth and styling.