Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung – Late Show With David Letterman

Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung - Late Show With David Letterman

Kerry Washington swung by the Ed Sullivan Theatre in New York City for an appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ to promote the season premiere of her hit show, ‘Scandal.’

The actress wore a floaty Prabal Gurung Resort 2014 frock, which featured a black-and-white floral print. The sheer black billowy sleeves were offset by a halter cutaway detail at the bodice and a cinched-in black waistband.

She kept her accessories straightforward with a black envelope clutch and pointy-toe pumps, topping the look off with soft curls and a cherry lip.

You may remember Kerry wore another Prabal Gurung look earlier this year for a prior ‘Letterman’ engagement.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Garcelle Beauvais In Diane von Furstenberg - 'The Expendables 3' LA Premiere

Garcelle Beauvais In Diane von Furstenberg – ‘The Expendables 3′ LA Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé - 51st New York Film Festival Gala Tribute To Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – 51st New York Film Festival Gala Tribute To Cate Blanchett

19 Responses to Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Charlotte October 3, 2013 at 14:30 #

As for her J Mendel’s look, the shoes and the clutch are boring.
    The dress looks good on her, but I don’t like it.

2. Christine October 3, 2013 at 14:34 #

I don’t like this look

3. Neli October 3, 2013 at 14:35 #

Love Kerry but she always have the most boring shoes! Why just pumps?

• Lara October 3, 2013 at 15:27 #

You post got me thinking, and I actually spent the time going through ALL 24 pages of KW posts on this site. You are so right… I found about 8 instances where she wore something other than pumps, and a few were even strappy shoes. So we know nothing is wrong with her feet. But I had to get to page 9 to find that first non-pump post! Even her latest magazine cover shows her in pumps. Thankfully she seems to choose some interesting ones a lot of the times, but I agree with you that it’s time for a pump-intervention. I love the dress on her though.

4. Anne October 3, 2013 at 14:45 #

I love this! It’s totally perfect for a night talk show, season-appropriate, great pattern with the whimsy of the sheer sleeves. I don’t mind the black pump here. It helps keep this in the fall and allows the dress print to be the focus. Fabulous flouncy curls, too

5. Carrie October 3, 2013 at 14:56 #

In my mind, Kerry can do no wrong, and Prabal can do no wrong!

6. Alina October 3, 2013 at 15:03 #

I don’t have a problem with the simple pumps here, but I really do not like the clutch.

7. charlotte October 3, 2013 at 15:19 #

Definately not the right dress for kerry.
    the dress and hair combo makes her look at least 10 years older.
    I get it that maybe she wants to go all black but the shoes are just unforgivably boring.plus the clutch is all kinds of wrong.
    Kerry can do way better than this.

8. H October 3, 2013 at 15:58 #

I am in love with Kerry Washington and the fact she is wearing Prabal lately just adds to this love. I just wish she had pull her hair back and loose the bag, the shoes are no problem to me this time.

9. Fiona-Brasil October 3, 2013 at 17:01 #

Beautiful woman, beautiful dress and perfect styling.

• adrian October 4, 2013 at 20:05 #

10. kane October 3, 2013 at 17:05 #

I’m not too keen on the sleeves, but she makes the look work somehow.

11. julyol1972 October 3, 2013 at 17:09 #

Love this look from H2T! Totally getting a 70s vibe with the flouncy sleeves and Farrah Fawcett-inspired hair. Don’t mind the accessories at all, as the focus deservedly needs to be on that fabulous dress.

• KatieKate October 4, 2013 at 09:56 #

I, too, get a major 70′s vibe from this, however, I’m not too keen on it myself. It just doesn’t work for her. I feel like she looks like she’s a character in that 70′s movie 9 to 5.

12. dee October 3, 2013 at 17:33 #

I like everything but the clutch.

13. Kathy October 3, 2013 at 20:03 #

This is gorgeous! Very daring, but not over-the-top. Shame about the black pumps. She needed a more sculptural shoe.

14. Yeliz October 3, 2013 at 20:47 #

I love the dress and I don’t have a problem with the shoes, but I don’t like the clutch.

15. CreoleLady October 3, 2013 at 21:00 #

I just came from looking at that hideous premiere Prada, so Prabal is veritable perfection in comparison. Nice look for an evening talk show.

16. EmmaWoodhouse October 6, 2013 at 02:59 #

Boring shoes, but I LOVE the rest. Worried about Kerry’s style lately (how can she be going downhill?) but this is a fabulous look!