02.10.13

Front Row @ Miu Miu Spring 2014

Front Row @ Miu Miu

The Palais d’Iena in France played host today to the charming wiles of designer Miuccia Prada’s Miu Miu Spring 2014 runway show during Paris Fashion Week—and to a packed front row of starlets who all showed their affection for the brand in head-to-toe Miu Miu looks.

Dianna Agron: Donning a palette of midnight blue and black, the ‘Glee’ girlie was sophisticated in a floaty frock and embellished overcoat—even if the bright teal clutch was a borderline confusing addition.

Michelle Dockery: The ‘Downton Abbey’ darling looked chic in a leather LBD that got kicked up with a sparkling beaded neckline and the pop of a bright fuchsia lip that I loved.

Lena Dunham: In perhaps one of her more classic style exits to date, the ‘Girls’ star covered up in a fire-engine red coat, worn over a simple black dress and amped up with a metallic statement cuff and necklace.

Front Row @ Miu Miu 2

Lupita Nyong’o: Lupita continued to demonstrate her scene-stealing style with this little hot-pink number, allowing the intoxicating colour to radiate with minimal accessories.

Rashida Jones: The actress also brought the beaded embellishment to the front row with her navy jumper, paired with matching cropped culottes and chunky ballet-pink platform pumps. The pop of a sky-blue clutch finished the look, although I would have chosen another handbag.

Gabrielle Union: Gabrielle’s dark-blue frock with a sheer black lace panel was given some kicky, contrasting flair with her bubblegum-pink clutch. But even it couldn’t detract from the nude bralette peeking through that see-through bodice.

Front Row @ Miu Miu 3

Angie Harmon: Featuring a host of eclectic trends—from snakeskin to racer stripes and a skull necklace—Angie’s ensemble featuring a Dior Homme jacket and Michael Kors skirt was nothing if not quirky. The icing on this over-baked cake? Those furry Nicholas Kirkwood peep-toe booties.  Cool or too cooked?

Imogen Poots: The British starlet took a more twee approach in her light lemon-yellow, tiered frock. Unfortunately, garish makeup, a messy updo and clunky grey sandals defeated the more delicate charms of the dress.

Credit: Getty

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta - The Colleagues' 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta – The Colleagues’ 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

Samantha Barks In Miu Miu - Classic BRIT Awards 2013

Samantha Barks In Miu Miu – Classic BRIT Awards 2013

37 Responses to Front Row @ Miu Miu Spring 2014

1. Prudence October 2, 2013 at 20:35 #

this whole Lena x Prada thing they are trying to make happen is going to lead to a whole lot of disastrous red carpet moments from lena.

2. Yeliz October 2, 2013 at 20:50 #

Michelle is my favourite of the bunch, love that lip colour. Dianna looks great without the clutch.

3. dee October 2, 2013 at 20:50 #

Surprisingly enough I like Lena’s look the best. I like Lupita’s look too but the shoes are matronly.

• julyol1972 October 3, 2013 at 05:17 #

4. Anne October 2, 2013 at 20:57 #

Michelle is my favorite by a wide margin. She’s really been on a roll. But, surprising myself, I enjoy Lena Dunham here, as well. The coat is great and the jewelry really is eye-catching and complementary. While a few of the others have some good aspects, shoes, accessories or bralettes let them down.

• Christy October 3, 2013 at 01:45 #

5. kane October 2, 2013 at 21:12 #

I am so stunned by the fact that Lena is wearing something that flatters her figure that I don’t even know what else to say. Everybody looks okay, but this is really the standout for me.

• Sophie October 2, 2013 at 21:14 #

+1. Can’t believe it as well!

• KatieKate October 3, 2013 at 01:09 #

+2. I am shocked, amazed, and incredibly delighted by Lena’s FLAWLESS red carpet look. I need to take a moment, b/c I’m afraid I will never utter those words again. Even her hair looks good! Kudos Lena, finally!

I would have loved, I mean LOVED Angie’s look if it weren’t for those roadkill-looking shoes.

6. AnderBoBo October 2, 2013 at 21:16 #

Lupita is flawless as always. Angie Harmon looks a hot mess. And surprisingly I think Lena looks quite good, perhaps one of her best looks ever. I think she does much better with separates.

7. G October 2, 2013 at 21:29 #

I think that’s the point to Imogen’s outfit
    contrast the twee with the edgy- it’s a broken down look. I love it

8. faellie October 2, 2013 at 21:35 #

Most flattering look that you’ve ever featured for Lena Dunham. One for BTOTW?

• peeper October 2, 2013 at 22:25 #

She may have improved, but let’s not go overboard with praise just because she has lowered the bar for herself that she barely has to lift a toe to step over it.

• CreoleLady October 3, 2013 at 00:03 #

LOL!

• KatieKate October 3, 2013 at 01:10 #

Lol x 2!

9. Pedro October 2, 2013 at 21:38 #

Omg!

Lena looks REALLY good! I’m shocked

10. Moxie October 2, 2013 at 21:44 #

Lena looks fantastic. Most improved award.

What was Angie Harmon smoking when she picked this outfit out?

11. Daisy October 2, 2013 at 22:00 #

Boring! Can’t imagine what if they can’t afford designer clothes

12. Rebecca Z October 2, 2013 at 22:08 #

Michelle Dockery is the clear winner here, but I have to say this might be the best Lena Dunham has ever looked in public.

13. TeaAtTwo October 2, 2013 at 22:55 #

Lupita’s look is the only look that I care for but no-one shoes were great. A surprising cast for this front row.

14. Marybeth October 2, 2013 at 23:37 #

I like Dianne Agron’s look, despite the odd clutch choice. Lupita looks lovely and I think she was wise to keep it simple, letting the dress color alone take precedence.

But the real surprise is Lena Dunham. She looks great from head to toe! I don’t mind the black pumps here, as I think the simple shoes and dress serve to focus attention on the coat and jewelry. Even her hair and make-up are just right. Big applause!

15. Neli October 2, 2013 at 23:41 #

Lupita Nyong’o = perfect!

16. SilentVisitor October 3, 2013 at 00:32 #

Lupita and Lena look perfect……..

17. h October 3, 2013 at 00:42 #

Dianna, Lupita, Lena and Michelle are absolutely the bests ones here. Besides not liking the others, I want to point out they are all incredibly talented actresses so Miu Miu has the greatest girl cast ever!

• Banx October 3, 2013 at 06:48 #

+1 !! The best I’ve seen Michelle.

18. John October 3, 2013 at 01:35 #

Diana looks the best. Sorry, to say this, but I dont get the hype with Lupito, she is not sexy at all.No way can she touch halle or beyonce. And I read that she is mexican. Mexican? When I think of mexican women, I think a sultry telemundo actress, jessica alba, eva longoria or Salma hayek.

Lupito to me, looks african

19. CTgirl October 3, 2013 at 02:31 #

Lena looks great. This may be the first time that I don’t want to cringe when I see her ensemble.

20. Ruth October 3, 2013 at 03:48 #

Lena looks good, Lupita is stunning and I like Gabrielle, even with the bralette.

21. Denise October 3, 2013 at 08:36 #

I like Lena’s look (at last). She got the hair, make up and the clothes right for once. Did she fire her stylist ?Diane looks nice and Michelle is best dressed for me.

22. Alina October 3, 2013 at 13:07 #

Is that REALLY Lena? I can’t believe she looks so good!

My favourite here is Diana, even if the clutch could have been better. Also, it’s nice to see Lupita again.

23. Christine October 3, 2013 at 13:55 #

Dianna is my favorite. Surprised at Lena. Huge improvement

24. Jones19 October 3, 2013 at 14:36 #

What the hell happened to Angie Harmon? Michelle Dockery looks the best by far.

• GGG October 3, 2013 at 17:39 #

+1! She looks insane.

25. charlotte October 3, 2013 at 15:49 #

Although this might be a rare occasion that lena actually wore something that flattered her figure and looked totally amazing ,Michelle dockery still stood out among these ladies.
    Diana’s hair and makeup I found myself hard to be on board with,but I love the rest.
    AND FC,I totally get why u r so psyched about Lupita’s styles.I mean,everytime this girl steals our eyes with her efforlessly chic looks and this one is no exception.Frankly ,I’ve never met a black chick who dresses like her in real life.
    Angie harmon gave me such an epic laugh while I set my eyes on those absolutely ridiculous booties. Not to be vicious or anything,but those shoes looked if she was stepping on two French poodles.LOOOOOOOL

26. x-De-x October 3, 2013 at 19:47 #

Michelle Dockery’s outfit looks too short on her. Not helped by the fact that 1) she looks uncomfortable and 2) she seems to be stuffed into a lot of short ensembles lately. A not very subtle mood to try and make her appear more “exciting”.
    Yes to all the others I suppose.
    But my favs are: Lupita, Dianne, Gabrielle and Lena.

27. Parvati October 4, 2013 at 10:53 #

Michelle Dockery’s look is the best here.

28. EmmaWoodhouse October 6, 2013 at 02:55 #

While I wish Lena’s coat wasn’t such cheap looking leather (suede would have been preferred), this is her best ever look. It’s flattering and chic. Dianna (sans clutch) and Lupita (with better shoes) are other stand outs here.