01.10.13

Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2014

Chanel front row

Chanel’s Spring 2014 presentation took place today at the Grand Palais during Paris Fashion Week.

Katy Perry: The singer was back on form wearing a black-and-white Chanel knit dress featuring a floral top and leaf-print floor-length skirt featuring the CC Chanel logo. I love the styling, starting with the simple hair and makeup, silver link-chain Chanel jewelry and ‘Lego’ clutch.

Rita Ora: The singer was back on the red carpet donning a Chanel funnel-neck navy dress with blue and white appliqués styled with black Chanel heels and a silver quilted bag. The only thing I like here is the bag. The dress is so very wrong for her.

Clemence Poesy: Proving that less is more, the French actress shows both Katy and Rita how it’s done wearing a boucle Chanel jacket over a simple black top and jeans. She is easily the best dressed here.

Credit: Getty

Imogen Poots In Prada - ‘Filth’ London Premiere

Imogen Poots In Prada – ‘Filth’ London Premiere

Mariska Hargitay's Lanvin Croc-Stamped Cap Toe Pumps

Mariska Hargitay’s Lanvin Croc-Stamped Cap Toe Pumps

32 Responses to Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2014

1. Charlotte October 1, 2013 at 15:32 #

I love Clemence Poesy’s look. Easy and chic.
    I don’t like Katy’s look and the necklace was not necessary.
    Rita’s dress is ugly.

2. Christine October 1, 2013 at 15:34 #

Not liking either looks.

3. Alina October 1, 2013 at 15:37 #

Clemence looks so chic and cool that I would put her on the BDOTW list. LOVE IT!

• Mandy October 1, 2013 at 23:46 #

Agreed! I would wear that outfit in a heartbeat

4. Marie October 1, 2013 at 15:51 #

Clémence is perfect! Every time I see her looking so good, I’m proud of being French.

• Juliana October 1, 2013 at 17:13 #

To me, she looks the epitome of urban French chic. Her hair and make up look spot on but still very casual, her poise is relaxed but very self-conscious and the colors are very simple and harmonious, but there’s a different feel to each piece.

Love it to bits.

• kane October 2, 2013 at 01:04 #

ITA. I’m actually not a huge fan of the jacket, but she really makes it work. Not liking the others at all. They look completely ridiculous–not only, but especially next to Clémence.

5. Noemi October 1, 2013 at 15:58 #

Clemence Posey is absolutely the best dressed, she’s so effortlessly chic. She’s always dressed like somebody who’s there to see a fashion show and not to get the attention.

• KatieKate October 2, 2013 at 04:10 #

Spot-on observation. She is what my idea of a chic french woman should be. I like Katy’s dress, but all the accessories take it into cheesy territory. And Rita, as usual, is just a lost soul when it comes to fashion.

6. Susan N. October 1, 2013 at 16:46 #

Clémence can wear just about anything and look effortlessly chic. I’m slightly obsessed with that jacket.

7. dee October 1, 2013 at 16:54 #

I like Clemence’s look. Not a fan of the other two.

• Fiona-Brasil October 1, 2013 at 17:30 #

8. Moxie October 1, 2013 at 17:30 #

Clemence is easily the best of the three. She looks so chic.

9. Jolene October 1, 2013 at 18:25 #

Clemence looks chic and efortless . Kate just the opposite, everything is so forced there. The clothes are totally wearing her.

10. Pedro October 1, 2013 at 18:26 #

Katy looks good but Clemence looks flawless!

11. Claire October 1, 2013 at 18:26 #

I don’t usually like Rita Ora’s style but she has absolutely nailed it here! looking amazing!

12. [email protected] October 1, 2013 at 18:58 #

Clemence is a Chanel girl and looks really good.Fashion week guests are getting more odd and confusion each season though:/

13. lisa October 1, 2013 at 20:59 #

I like Rita’s silver bag.

14. lisa October 1, 2013 at 21:00 #

I am from the US. Rita is nobody here. Who is her Publicist? How does get all these fashion gigs and invites to in the elite fashion world? I have seen her wear thing that Kerry washington cannot get her hands on.

15. Kwtshopgirl October 1, 2013 at 22:33 #

Katy look good the dress fit her very well but Rita Ora there is nothing good in her look and i hope she will change her hair color soon bcoz the blonde not suiting her

16. Aparajita October 1, 2013 at 22:35 #

Love Clemence’s look.
    Katy’s look is too matronly for my liking.

17. Sanya October 1, 2013 at 22:50 #

None of these ladies does a justice to the Chanel. I don’t find them sophisticated enough to wear these clothes.

18. Kathy October 1, 2013 at 23:40 #

Katy’s look is off somehow, the bust area looks really strange and I hate the schoolteacher bun. Rita’s expression and harsh red lipstick just remind me of a creepy clown. I like the dress, but not on her (as is often the case with things she wears). Clemence looks nice and effortless, and she is my favorite of the three but I wouldn’t have worn those jeans. Even a darker wash and uncuffed would be more appropriate. I find them too casual for a Chanel show.

19. Irmina Kuźniak Odzież Autorska October 1, 2013 at 23:52 #

Rita looks creepy in this picture…

20. Prudence October 2, 2013 at 02:23 #

Clemence is so freaking effortless the other two look ridiculous next to her.

21. Valissa October 2, 2013 at 03:41 #

Katy does not do that dress justice, it was amazing on the runway and I was hoping somebody like Nicole Kidman would wear it. Shame really.
    There is nothing stylish about Rita…ever…how she got a front row ticket to Chanel is beyond me.
    And Clemence looks gorgeous and chic and stylish! Easily the best dressed here!

22. Cheryl October 2, 2013 at 12:50 #

Rita’s eye makeup is doing her no favours. She needed some eye definition either through a darker eyeshadow or thicker eyeliner to balance out that really strong lip and brow. And that brow is too pencilled in i think. Clemence by a mile.

23. Yeliz October 2, 2013 at 14:39 #

Clemence is my favourite as well, but only from the ankles up. Katy looks good from the ankles up too. I don’t like Rita’s dress.

24. SJM October 3, 2013 at 03:41 #

An interesting ‘scroll-down’ revelation occured as I scoped these looks on the Red Carpet email – Katy Perry is morphing into Emily Rossum!

25. Betelgeuze October 3, 2013 at 19:12 #

Was there ever a Fashion Week Chanel presentation missing Clemence in the front row? Although the ridiculously beautiful actress has been somehow off the radar for quite a while, she always emerges for Chanel shows, and (as far as I recall) always looks gorgeous.

26. Parvati October 4, 2013 at 10:17 #

Actually, I like all three looks, but Katy Perry is my favourite here.

27. EmmaWoodhouse October 5, 2013 at 16:29 #

Katy’s look is the best, but overstyled. I don’t like Rita’s dress and Clemence’s jacket looks ridiculous.