27.09.13

The Face

I couldn’t be more excited that the UK version of The Face will air on September 30 on Living. Mostly because of Naomi Campbell, who is the only judge who also appears on the US version.

Naomi was joined at the screening of the show by fellow mentors Erin O’Connor and Caroline Winberg at the Royal Opera House in London yesterday evening.

Naomi Campbell: Like I said yesterday, if she’s not wearing Alaïa, she’s wearing McQueen. This time she went for the latter, donning an Alexander McQueen Resort 2014 embossed jacket and pencil skirt. While I’m not surprised by her choice of designer, I am surprised by two things: 1. that the look is not black; and 2. that she opted to style this chic look with those heinous black booties. What a letdown.

Erin O’Connor: The statuesque beauty looks great in just about anything, but as this is the fourth run out of this blue-striped Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2013 look I’m too fatigued by it to give it a second glance. Like Naomi, her footwear choice is a head scratcher.

Caroline Winberg: By default Caroline is the best of the bunch – I never thought I would say that about a Herve Leger frock: her flirty bandage dress with a scooped neckline and electric-blue hue styled with sexy sandals is much more appealing to the eye than her fellow supers.

Credit: Getty

Angelababy's Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Angelababy’s Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Lizzy Caplan In Andrew Gn - 'Masters Of Sex' New York Series Premiere

Lizzy Caplan In Andrew Gn – ‘Masters Of Sex’ New York Series Premiere

12 Responses to Naomi Campbell In Alexander McQueen, Erin O’Connor In Stella McCartney, Caroline Winberg In Herve Leger – ‘The Face’ Screening

1. katie September 27, 2013 at 15:26 #

Mm Naomi has ruined her gorgeous outfit, with her heavy boots. I am in love with the Herve Leger dress!

2. Christine September 27, 2013 at 16:18 #

Caroline is the best dressed here.

3. Alina September 27, 2013 at 16:47 #

This post is kind of sad. Three gorgeous women who didn’t make the best choices.

4. Cookie September 27, 2013 at 17:16 #

I miss old Naomi. She needs to get into some Dolce and Gabbana, like when she was doing community service (I don’t at all condone her actions, but all I’m saying, FC, is if some drama would give us back the Naomi we know and love I’ll gladly be target practice)

• Catherine Kallon September 27, 2013 at 19:54 #

I miss that era too

• Cookie September 28, 2013 at 00:06 #

BTW FC I saw a photo of you with Victoria Beckham on Facebook recently. Perhaps I gush, but I just gotta tell you I love your style so much!

• KatieKate September 28, 2013 at 17:26 #

Lol! Your comment is too funny. :-)

I can’t condone those booties with that white suit on Naomi, even though the suit looks great. Erin and/or her stylist should’ve done their research, or at least read this blog to know that that jumpsuit has been worn about three too many times. And there’s NO excuse for those hideous shoes. Caroline looks the best, not that that’s much of a compliment. I don’t mind Leger dresses, but this isn’t one of my favorites. And her hair looks like she just came from the gym.

5. Yeliz September 27, 2013 at 18:00 #

Caroline is by far the best of the bunch.

6. kane September 27, 2013 at 23:31 #

I actually only have eyes for Erin. The individual parts of the look and its styling (hair, make up, shoes) could have been better, way better! And yes, it’s the fourth outing of this jumpsuit–but in this case four times a charm. Rila did a good job wearing it, but on Erin the jumpsuits seems to come into its own.

7. jokebetweenthetrees September 28, 2013 at 02:48 #

Naomi Naomi, why? It looks like you have hooves.

8. EmmaWoodhouse September 28, 2013 at 20:19 #

Naomi’s suit is ok, but the hair and shoes are terrible.
    Erin looks comical.
    Caroline’s look is only charming me in terms of color.