Hailee Steinfeld In Prabal Gurung – ‘Romeo & Juliet’ LA Premiere

Hailee Steinfeld In Prabal Gurung - 'Romeo & Juliet' LA Premiere

Hailee Steinfeld attended the premiere of ‘Romeo & Juliet’ held at ArcLight Hollywood in California yesterday evening.

Wearing a look from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2014 collection that I was dying to see on the red carpet, the young actress looks very grown up in her off-the-shoulder cocktail dress, which features an elegant off-shoulder shawl neckline; Swarovski-crystal, silk-grosgrain and organza embroidered panels throughout; plus graphic black mako stripes.

I did have someone like Nicole Kidman in mind for this dress, believing only someone of her height could pull off such a dramatic piece of this length, but I’m glad Hailee proved that theory wrong.

Hailee opted to wear her hair down, when wearing it up would’ve been preferred, completing her look with soft makeup, a sparking pink Jimmy Choo clutch and Brian Atwood’s ‘Tribeca’ black satin platform sandals.

m-5-234703-2-rnjjg9ilYgqH

Spring forward by pre-ordering Hailee’s Prabal Gurung Embroidered Off Shoulder Shawl Cocktail Dress from ModaOperandi.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elie Saab Haute Couture Exhibition

Elie Saab Haute Couture Exhibition

Nicola Roberts In Zoe Karssen & Paige Denim - Samsung's Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 3 Launch

Nicola Roberts In Zoe Karssen & Paige Denim – Samsung’s Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 3 Launch

18 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Prabal Gurung – ‘Romeo & Juliet’ LA Premiere

1. kane September 25, 2013 at 10:35 #

I prefer the runway styling as to lip and shoes, but she looks good.

• Christine September 25, 2013 at 14:20 #

2. Charlotte September 25, 2013 at 10:36 #

I don’t like the dress to begin with, the neckline is a little bit dated. And the styling isn’t helping here, the shoes look cheap and are too heavy and the hair should have been up for sure !

3. CreoleLady September 25, 2013 at 10:46 #

Oh brother, here we go, jumping ahead to a very noticeably spring look. The heavy black platforms effectively bring down this light look, to its detriment. But I do like the romantic feel, with the silhouette and graphic components keeping the look from being too sweet.

4. Alina September 25, 2013 at 10:49 #

I’m disappointed. IMO, this dress DESERVES a rerun.

5. Rashmi September 25, 2013 at 11:22 #

Likewise, am so happy to see this dress off the runway! The romantic easy yet modern look was one of my fav. Hailee to some extent does justice to it, but I prefer the runway styling more.

6. Yeliz September 25, 2013 at 11:37 #

It’s a stunning dress and I think she pulls it off. The shoes could have been more delicate, but overall she looks gorgeous.

7. EmmaWoodhouse September 25, 2013 at 13:06 #

I really, really love this look on her! She deserves a BDOTW nomination! Kudos for pulling it off and looking sophisticated but not age-inappropriate!!!

8. Anne September 25, 2013 at 13:08 #

Loved this dress on the runway, and Hailee ALMOST pulls it off. But I can nitpick on the hair that should be up, the clunky snoozy shoes, and that it’s a wee bit too long on her. Solid effort that doesn’t quite get there for me

• dee September 25, 2013 at 13:36 #

I agree with you.

9. AG September 25, 2013 at 15:10 #

Wish the dress was a few inches shorter but overall I think she’s pulling this off. This is a really cool look.

• KatieKate September 26, 2013 at 01:56 #

Yes, I agree. I am impressed by how well this translated to the RC, and I am crediting Hailee with that, at least in part. And surprisingly, the shoes aren’t bugging me that much. Her nail polish is so pretty, I tend not to notice.

10. Nat39 September 25, 2013 at 18:10 #

She is not pulling it off whatsoever. It doesn’t suit her maturity level, she looks awkward and practically intimidated by it.

• Nat39 September 25, 2013 at 19:55 #

…and what’s with that distracting hair?? Would’ve much preferred to see it on someone like Nicole Kidman who would’ve done it justice by carrying it gracefully, with mature confidence, poise and elegance.

11. Anj September 25, 2013 at 18:24 #

This is an interesting dress pick. I especially like the side and back of the dress though I’m not the biggest fan of the neckline.

12. TeaAtTwo September 25, 2013 at 23:24 #

I love the dress – pretty much the entire collection- and she doesn’t quite nice in it(ankles up) but I’m not that excited seeing on her. Someone older in it (even petite stars Zoe Saldana or Mila Kunis) would’ve have impressed me more.

13. Kathy September 26, 2013 at 00:04 #

I don’t like the dress except for the interesting neckline, but Hailee doesn’t look bad. Her hair looks beautiful. I only wish the hemline were shorter and her shoes were different.

14. KatieKate September 26, 2013 at 01:59 #

Oh, BTW, I think Douglas Booth looks soooooooo freaking gorgeous here, I can hardly stand it!! I would vote for him for BDMOTW in a heartbeat. His suit/styling is the best/coolest I have seen in awhile!