What I Wore To Martini’s 150th Anniversary Gala

What I Wore To The Martini’s 150th Anniversary Gala

While attending the Longchamp event last week, a pretty little birdie told me that I should be featuring myself on my site a bit more, so here is my look from the Martini event on Thursday.

I wore a Roland Mouret ‘Everdene’ stretch-crepe jumpsuit featuring an asymmetrical neckline, signature fold details, front welt pockets, a back yoke overlay and a cut-out back from the Fall 2012 collection.

This is the second time I have worn it. The first time was to the Michael Kors dinner back in April and when I told fellow attendees that this would be the second time I was wearing this jumpsuit in Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s presence they both said that there was no way she would remember.

So colour us all surprised when the first thing she did was say “ROLAND MOURET” when she saw me, proving that this jumpsuit makes quite an impact.

I styled my jumpsuit with Roland Mouret sandals and a Matthew Williamson embellished metallic leather clutch accented with shimmering beads and with a shot of electric-blue, which you know is my favourite colour, which was kindly loaned to me.

As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of bling, it was my way of adding some colour and texture to the look.

372359_in_pp

You can buy this Matthew Williamson embellished clutch from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

63 thoughts on “What I Wore To Martini’s 150th Anniversary Gala

1. mary

i love it!! you look gorgeous, the clutch is per*fec*tion and it looks like a great time! making an impression on RHW is just a bonus.

2. Hannah

Dammmmnnn lady! You are working that jumpsuit. They should have had you model it on the runway. I love hearing about your fashion adventures.

3. Kimi

You look beautiful! The clutch goes so well with the outfit, never thought of pairing it together but it works wonders.

4. Rebecca Z

Thank you so much for sharing this–we all want to know what you are wearing! This looks just fabulous on you, and you were clearly having a good time. RE: the repeat–only the most sophisticated ladies do it (Michelle, Kate) so you are in wise and good company! I love it–we mere mortals with budgets must wear our best looks more than once!

1. Magdalena

+1 ITA – we love hearing about your adventures but also seeing what you wear – these are my favourite posts! I don’t comment very much but I read your site every day – I never miss an article! Thank you for all the hard work and great coverage!

5. Amanda

Perfection. You looked beautiful and completely comfortable in that outfit. The jumpsuit fit you really well. Love!!

6. H

Wow, maybe someone else dit but I suggested you to post more of yourself here, and you look gorgeous, have fun and keep us entertained!

7. Rashmi

Simply adore your what I wore posts! You look wow as always!! You have such a fab body FC! The clutch was an unexpected twist :-) And so cool that Rosie remembered the dress.. Wow!
    That pic of yours jigging is so cute bdw :-D

8. EmmaWoodhouse

How delightful! FC, you have cleverly started wearing me down on the jumpsuit front…I will admit to quite liking this one. But then, Roland Mouret is a master of tailoring, and you have a fabulous presence–kudos to you! It makes me very happy to see you doing what you love. <3
    P.S. The clutch is TO DIE FOR!

9. Marina

Love to see what you wear! You look gooood! And that booty, girl! Work it! Very nice jumpsuit and love that you add such a beautiful, colourful clutch.

Congratulations on such a well put together look.

10. CreoleLady

That jumpsuit looks ever so sexy chic and the clutch keeps it fun. FC outshines most of the Emmy celebs, without a doubt. BDOTW-worthy.

11. KatieKate

That clutch has your name written all over it, and I know you both love a jumpsuit and RM, so you must’ve felt like a million bucks. You certainly looked like it! I agree with whomever told you to feature yourself more. Glad you are taking their advice. :-)

12. Megha

I’m not a huge fan of jumpsuits – but after seeing you in this one, I can see why you are :)

You look ah-freakin-mazing! H2T

13. strawberyblond

You have a thing for Rolland Mouret and he gives it back to you in the best way. You look gorgeous! And that clutch, oh <3

14. Larissa

If only the celebs you post about had half of your style! The jumpsuit looks impeccably fitted and I love how the clutch pops against it. Kudos and please keep posting!

15. HM

Why do I feel like a proud parent upon reading this post? Lol! You look stunning and the minimal styling is perfection. Judging by the second picture, I see someone had a good time (twerking and all) ;)

16. Saree

Stunning! Literally cannot fault a thing. You therefore immediately qualify for BDOTW. You have such natural beauty, you remind me of Kelly Rowland: great figure with a beautiful smile.

17. DM

FC, you look spectacular. I am so happy that you’ve decided on more personal outfit posts. This outfit in particular is chic and very much ‘you.’ Well done and look forward to many more! I admire you.

18. Jess2

I LOVE seeing your looks Catherine! You are stunning and I love seeing you rock you beloved jumpsuits. You can’t wear this too many times. The clutch really tops it off :)

1. KatieKate

I think she meant it’s so good, it would be ‘impossible’ to wear it too many times, not that you ‘should’nt’ wear it too many times, in case that’s what you were thinking. That’s how I read it at first also, and I was kind of taken aback, but then I realized what she was saying. So, don’t feel you need to ‘retire’ it. :-)