Julie Bowen In Zac Posen – 2013 Emmy Awards

Julie Bowen In Zac Posen - 2013 Emmy Awards

Julie Bowen doesn’t always catch my eye, but you couldn’t miss her on the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on Sunday.

Joining co-stars Sofia Vergara and Sarah Hyland, Julie looked breathtaking wearing a pale-pink Zac Posen Resort 2014 mermaid gown with a wonderfully dramatic hemline.

I have always wondered how one walks in a gown like this, but Julie carried off the look with elegance and poise.

Nude satin Christian Louboutin ‘Hyper Prive’ peep-toes and Jacobs and Co jewels accessorized her look, with a chic updo with side-swept bangs completing her best-ever-yet look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

TV Presenters @ The 2014 Emmy Awards

TV Presenters @ The 2014 Emmy Awards

2013 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2013 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

24 Responses to Julie Bowen In Zac Posen – 2013 Emmy Awards

1. Charlotte September 23, 2013 at 14:29 #

I don’t like this dress on her, it’s too twee and the color wash her out.

2. SleeplessinChicago September 23, 2013 at 14:29 #

It is a difficult color for a blond to pull off but she manages to succeed. Hate the dress, though. It is over engineered and is in a need for some serious editing. Maybe Zac Posen’s judging on Project Runway would help him with his editing skills.

3. EmmaWoodhouse September 23, 2013 at 14:33 #

I am with you on this, FC! I LOVE it. Definitely one of my favorites–and might actually be my favorite–I have to go back and look at my list :)
    Looking forward to your roundup!

• KatieKate September 24, 2013 at 01:05 #

I agree-one of my top three, not sure of the order yet. She gets it wrong way too often for being so beautiful, so I am really pleased to see her looking so perfect!

4. Alina September 23, 2013 at 14:38 #

I love this! The colour is great on her.
    She always looks good at the Emmys.

5. Rashmi September 23, 2013 at 14:39 #

The color washing her out and the all extra fabric is a No.

6. kane September 23, 2013 at 14:41 #

Again a dress I can see working quite nicely in some artistic context, the look book, an artsy fashion shoot or as part of a fashion exhibition. Julie however can’t pull this off for her life.

• julyol1972 September 23, 2013 at 16:32 #

Agree! This is totally an editorial dress. But if it’s to be worn on the RC, the only one who can do it justice in my book would be Coco Rocha. She has the confidence and attittude to pull off this ornate, OTT dress without it overwhelming her. Julie looks nice, that is all.

7. Jones19 September 23, 2013 at 14:54 #

Her neon Monique Lhullier from last year was much better.

• Yeliz September 23, 2013 at 15:08 #

I agree, the neon Lhuillier gown was amazing. There is just too much going on with this gown.

8. Sanya September 23, 2013 at 14:55 #

Love this color on her. However, too much dress-drama for me. I don’t know if this her very best look ever. At Emmy Awards 2011, she wore black Oscar de la Renta which I liked a lot. That may be my favourite Julie’s look.

9. Layla September 23, 2013 at 14:59 #

How many times will Zac Posen “design” the same dress over and over again? Gosh. Seems as if though he is stuck on this silhouette. Boring repetitive.

10. Malinda Jane September 23, 2013 at 14:59 #

On the red carpet interview it just totally overwhelmed her. She didn’t fill it out and it was very clear as there were a lot of spaces on the dress that were gaping away from her body. I hate to say it, but this really called for someone with the hips and chest to fit it.

11. lina September 23, 2013 at 15:03 #

morena baccarin is wonderfull

12. Christine September 23, 2013 at 15:04 #

I don’t like the color.

13. Camille September 23, 2013 at 15:07 #

Too frou frou. The embellishment at both the neckline and the skirt was just too much. And I agree that Zac Posen is sort of stuck on this silhouette. It’s a lovely style and almost universally flattering but he’s starting to seem a little one-note as a designer.

14. andrea September 23, 2013 at 16:56 #

I would have loved this even more in an eye-catching jewel tone and I wish the bodice and shoulders were simpler so that the main focal point is the bottom – other than that she looks fabulous. Thumbs up.

15. glenn September 23, 2013 at 17:43 #

WORST DRESS …. SHE LOOK AWFUL. SHE LOOKS LIKE A MACARENA DANCER! CHA CHA!

16. Moxie September 23, 2013 at 17:45 #

There’s a little too much going on. Very overworked.

• adrian September 23, 2013 at 18:25 #

or as I like to call it: “Overworked” the story of Zac Posen’s EVERYTHING!

17. Mrs. À September 23, 2013 at 17:57 #

This dress caught my eye as she was interviewed on the red carpet. I don’t even know Julie Bowen so as she walked up to be interviewed, I was in awe and gasping, waiting to see the person’s name. I have had a picture of this Zac Posen dress on my ipad for a long time but I didn’t even recognize it on her until she said so.

She said she dropped lots of weight to fit it. I wish she’d kept some of the weight on.

I do agree that it would have been more striking in a royal blue or rich jewel tone but I actually love the dress. Though I do agree that Zac may be stuck on this silhouette but there are many other designers guilty of this. If this works for him and makes women look amazing and sexy, I say why not?!! Wow! This is the longest I have ever written onRCFA about a dress. I must really LOVE it! One of the best dressed at the Emmys. I am a fan of seeing different silhouettes and unexpected details. I hate to see the many strapless gowns in different colors. We have seen all of those a thousand times before and I wonder what inspires some women to pick them. It takes a lot for me to be excited by another strapless gown.

• KatieKate September 24, 2013 at 01:08 #

I agree re. Zac’s aesthetic.

18. Susan September 23, 2013 at 19:39 #

Love it.

19. Jess2 September 25, 2013 at 11:06 #

I think it would be so easy to have this dress wear her but I think Julie is really holding her own. While in theory the gown has got too much going on for me I find myself really liking it. I think she looks great.