23.09.13

Emilia Clarke In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Emmy Awards

Emilia Clarke In Donna Karan Atelier - 2013 Emmy Awards

For some reason Getty didn’t capture Emilia Clarke on the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards, so here we see her at the HBO Post-Emmy party held at the Plaza on Sunday evening.

She looked breathtaking wearing a Donna Karan Atelier gown which looks strapless but it features an illusion one-shoulder detail.

Every geometric leaf was hand-cut and folded very specifically onto Emilia’s body to create that beautiful cascading effect, which was accented with a silver-metal waistband.

Silver accessories including a Rauwolf clutch, Charlotte Olympia heels and Forevermark jewels were the perfect complements.

On a few occasions Emilia has overcooked her look with excessive eye makeup; on this occasion she opted for mild copper tones with a nude lip colour, with a slicked-back hairdo rounding out her look.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Hudson's Christopher Kane Printed Stretch Jersey Dress

Jennifer Hudson’s Christopher Kane Printed Stretch Jersey Dress

Jason Bateman In Dior Homme & Amanda Anka In Christian Dior - 2013 Emmy Awards

Jason Bateman In Dior Homme & Amanda Anka In Christian Dior – 2013 Emmy Awards

22 Responses to Emilia Clarke In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Emmy Awards

1. Charlotte September 23, 2013 at 14:07 #

This dress is pretty great on her and the styling is working but I think somehting is missing, maybe a better make up, a touch of color via her lips.

• dee September 23, 2013 at 14:19 #

I agree.

• SleeplessinChicago September 23, 2013 at 14:21 #

Agreed. Could not quite put my finger on it. For me silver accessories did not work with the cream dress. Maybe gold would work better. Or maybe a powerful bracelet would complete the look.

• msd September 23, 2013 at 15:47 #

Apparently the dress is “chalk blue”. If it was a bit more blue-blue, or silvery grey, it would have looked quite good with the accessories.

2. Alina September 23, 2013 at 14:15 #

I expected more from her. Last year she was flawless.

3. EmmaWoodhouse September 23, 2013 at 14:16 #

This is ethereally divine. I am blown away utterly. One of her best ever looks.

4. CD September 23, 2013 at 14:23 #

FAVE/BEST

5. kane September 23, 2013 at 14:49 #

Getting a strong “happy Rooney Mara” vibe from this. She looks nice, though she can do way better.

6. Alex September 23, 2013 at 14:51 #

I already thought that I had my top 5 and then Emilia happenned.

She’s breathtaking here.
    The gown is truly one of a kind, Donna Karan work at her best.

7. Yeliz September 23, 2013 at 14:59 #

I think she can do and did better. I might be the only one, but I don’t think that this gown looks like a designer gown.

8. Christine September 23, 2013 at 15:06 #

I am not liking this. Looks rather meh

• Nat39 September 23, 2013 at 18:32 #

Same. Leaves me very underwhelmed.

9. Jess2 September 23, 2013 at 15:15 #

Lovely! The dress really suits her. I am waiting for her to really knocking me over though. Something that tops her purple and white Chanel.

10. Camille September 23, 2013 at 15:17 #

A little blah. The ethereal nature of the gown is a mismatch with the hard metallic belt. Her makeup is really unflattering. Her eyes look over done, with brown shadow all the way up to her bold eyebrows and the overall lack of color just seems really blah. Another GOT beauty with loads of potential who disappoints on the red carpet.

11. msd September 23, 2013 at 15:44 #

Disappointing. The hair is too severe and her makeup is washing her out. Can’t say I think much of the dress either – it flops rather than cascades, for me.

12. amy September 23, 2013 at 16:01 #

I love it. she’s one of my best dressed and definitely the best Donna Karan dress on the carpet

• KatieKate September 24, 2013 at 01:34 #

I actually much preferred Linda Cardellini’s DK dress. The color and style were much more beautiful and polished. I hate to even say this, but it truly looks like wadded up toilet paper to me. Were it ANY other color, I think that notion would have been avoided. I now someone above said it’s ‘chalk blue’. If so, I really wish you could tell that from the pics.

13. Namel September 23, 2013 at 16:21 #

Ethereal and beautiful. It’s one of the looks that would be ruined by too much make-up.

14. steph September 23, 2013 at 18:40 #

I’m actually not really a fan of the belt. It looks like it’s in an odd place and kinda makes her look shorter. Plus the dress looks a little cheap IMO.

15. gabis September 23, 2013 at 19:42 #

She looks beautiful but it could’ve been better. I’m not crazy about the silver accessories but I do have a feeling that golden ones would’ve given a bridal vibe which would not work.
    I don’t like her makeup either. Whilst it is very natural the chosen colours do not exactly complement the overall look. A lighter and more iluminated one would’ve worked better.

16. TeaAtTwo September 23, 2013 at 20:15 #

I think she looks beautiful.

17. Ingrid September 27, 2013 at 20:31 #