22.09.13

Nicole Kidman In Prada - Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis Opening Ceremony

Nicole Kidman attended the Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis earlier today in Qingdao, China.

The actress wore a red-and-black Prada Resort 2014 high-neck leaf-and-flower-print gown accented with a bejewelled neckline and styled with dazzling drop earrings, a steel bracelet and black sandals.

Even though this dress made me think back to her L’Wren Scott gown worn during Cannes Film Festival, this is yet another amazing look from Nicole.

The sleek updo was the icing cake.

Nicole Kidman In saint laurent  – Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis Ceremony

Earlier in the day she wore a black and white Saint Laurent look featuring a jacquard blazer, sheer blouse and slim-fit pants.

Her chic and sexy look was styled with a gold Omega watch and white Jimmy Choo ‘Faxon’ peep-toes with a black criss-cross detail.

I do love a colour co-ordinated look and I do love that Nicole is back on tip-top form.

Credit: Getty

Gabrielle Union In Pierre Balmain - Entertainment Weekly's Pre-Emmy Party

Gabrielle Union In Pierre Balmain – Entertainment Weekly’s Pre-Emmy Party

Kate Beckinsale In Oscar de la Renta & Elie Saab Couture - Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis Ceremony

Kate Beckinsale In Oscar de la Renta & Elie Saab Couture – Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis Ceremony

49 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Prada & Saint Laurent – Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis Ceremony

1. Prudence September 22, 2013 at 17:50 #

I love Nicole in prints! She looks fab, her hairdo is very unique and is perfect with the dress!

2. anonymous as always September 22, 2013 at 17:57 #

when I was younger she used to be one my fashion icons. Later on she kind of lost it (plus, I discovered Cate Blanchett’s style). I am glad she looks again like the old days!

• EmmaWoodhouse September 22, 2013 at 18:07 #

That is a really good point! She did lose her touch for a while but Cannes got her back on her game–really liking this bold and stylish look!

• EmmaWoodhouse September 23, 2013 at 13:27 #

I do wish the second look didn’t have a sheer shirt though.

3. Nat39 September 22, 2013 at 17:59 #

Loving the bold red-on-black drama, her styling is very polished and adds to the enticing exotic feel of the look. She is gorgeous.

• Yeliz September 22, 2013 at 18:24 #

Agreed.

• Fiona-Brasil September 22, 2013 at 18:42 #

• Christine September 22, 2013 at 19:57 #

BDOTW worthy!!!! Stunning

4. Namel September 22, 2013 at 18:01 #

Pretty dress, perfect styling. I Love the hair.

5. Paulo September 22, 2013 at 18:03 #

Gorgeous and regal as always! The hairstyle is amazing especially from the back. It’s elegant and unexpected. Even with the Emmys tonight, Nicole is still a strong BDOTW contender.

6. Mery September 22, 2013 at 18:03 #

She’s definitely enjoying fashion again! Thank god. And that updo is really amazing.

7. Tiger Nueng September 22, 2013 at 18:08 #

Nicole Kidman + Red = perfect combo ♥♥

8. Alina September 22, 2013 at 18:12 #

I might be the only one, but I do not like this dress at all.

• KatieKate September 22, 2013 at 19:56 #

You’re not the only one. I don’t like it either. And I don’t like the hair either. Everyone else liking it so much really surprises me….

• chryssa September 22, 2013 at 22:24 #

Ita!

• steph September 23, 2013 at 21:37 #

9. kane September 22, 2013 at 18:14 #

I sometimes have quite a hard time with her style, but I quite like this.

10. Denise September 22, 2013 at 18:24 #

Really love this and the neckline. The hairstyle is growing on me but overall she looks lovely.

11. ramsay September 22, 2013 at 18:31 #

There is something about her that (I believe) keeps us interested. I am not sure what it is but people who follow the red carpet (like people on this website) are rarely indifferent to her. Is it her status as a fashion icon in the late 90s/early 00s? Is it her stature that can make any dress look better on her than on other people? Is it her fair skin or her natural “class”? Not sure which but people seem to wait for her red carpet appearances. This year she’s been successful at Cannes (and even the Golden Globes and the SAG). This look is another success for her (and for Prada which as we know is not always the case for the brand). I find it bold and unexpected. Well done!

• seamus lee September 22, 2013 at 18:39 #

well said!

• ramsay September 22, 2013 at 18:40 #

Come to think of it, this might make it to my BDOTY list – which would make it the second look of hers on that list – Hopefully someone tops this tonight at the Emmys

12. Eng-narak September 22, 2013 at 18:34 #

This is really breathtaking for me and I also love the back of the dressed.

13. Tiger Nueng September 22, 2013 at 18:49 #

The 3 if her looks(Giorgio Armani, Dior & Valentino) from Cannes still got my vote for BDOTY contender ♥♥♥

14. monde September 22, 2013 at 20:08 #

The dress is great by itself, but the location and styling really put this over the top and make it perfect for me. She looks incredible. Her styling has been impeccable as of late, hope she keeps it up!

15. Rebecca Z September 22, 2013 at 20:17 #

This is far from the top of my Nicole list. First, the hair is just awful–very aging and stiff. The dress is okay, but with that hair it makes her look like she is 50 in the 50′s. She can, and recently has, done such my better than this.

• Rebecca Z September 22, 2013 at 20:18 #

Oops–should be “much” better

16. Lee Ann September 22, 2013 at 20:41 #

This is not good. Firstly her hair looks like something straight out of Leave It to Beaver and as a mother to a stunning redhead I can say that the make up especially the lipstick is wrong and the red of the dress too harsh. Redheads can wear red but not this tone. striking yes. But not in a good way. This is bad Carmen Miranda.

• Tweed September 22, 2013 at 20:49 #

It’s far from Carmen Miranda. I’m getting a subtle nod to Wong Kar Wai’s film muses, which is fitting considering the setting. She’s always dressed appropriately, and despite the criticisms against her – even nitpicking the tiniest thing, she still manages to stay dignified and it comes across in the way she dresses. Love the bold hairstyle – quite unexpected with this look.

• LeeAnn September 22, 2013 at 22:01 #

To me its moreThe World of Susie Wong and I don’t think it it picky to not like her hair make up or say the colour of the dress is not flattering

17. Lee Ann September 22, 2013 at 20:45 #

I looked at the photo then read all the favourable comments and then thought whoops maybe I was too quick in judgement and thought lets look again. Nope it was worse the second time .

• KatieKate September 23, 2013 at 01:46 #

I know what you mean. I went through the exact same thing! Lol! :-)

18. Eng-narak September 22, 2013 at 21:05 #

I thinks she want to combined a(look like)chinese style with the gala events and this is a right place and a right dressed so that perfect.

19. Pedro September 22, 2013 at 21:48 #

Queen Nicole looks perfect from H-2-T!

I love both looks but the Prada dress is amazing

20. Paulo September 22, 2013 at 21:58 #

I love that she still looks regal while wearing Saint Laurent. Wish more pieces from Hedi’s collection would be as chic and sophisticated.

21. Dareen September 22, 2013 at 22:00 #

I adore the Prada and it’s totally perfect for the occasion, as is the hairstyle. Beautiful.

I also love love LOVE the Saint Laurent daytime look. She looks so cool and chic.

22. Valissa September 22, 2013 at 22:48 #

She looks amazing in both! The Prada dress fits her perfectly and the colour and print compliments her well.
    I also really love her SLP look! The shoes are to die for!!

23. CreoleLady September 22, 2013 at 23:58 #

Hyperventilating over those black and white peep-toes. Everything else is fine; not her best, but more than adequate.

24. Cass September 23, 2013 at 00:13 #

Love her hair in the first look. Don’t fancy the dress. Not that she doesn’t carry it off well. Just don’t really like the huge prints. The second look is perfection from head to toe!

25. charlotte September 23, 2013 at 02:22 #

I like the blazer look more than the red carpet one.she looked so chic.
    and FC,where is Zhang Ziyi and the other local celeberties who attended this event?
    I just saw a photo of zhang,and she looked sensational,Maybe u should cover that.

26. Lilac September 23, 2013 at 05:09 #

Wow, edgy hair….. she’s taking risks with the hairstyles, that’s cool.

The Prada gown was fabulous (and more appropriate, a bit of chinese style there) but I’m more in love with that Saint Laurent….. gonna buy those shoes!!!

27. Aline September 23, 2013 at 05:26 #

God, the updo in the first look is just awful. And the dress isn’t really much better either.

The second outfit, however, is pretty great.

28. Carolina September 23, 2013 at 11:45 #

I just love both looks! The Prada dress is quite amazing and the hair works really well!
    She just knows how to look classic, refined and polished as anyone else

29. The Dame Intl September 23, 2013 at 12:33 #

Love that suit and those shoes! The dress is vomit.

30. dee September 23, 2013 at 14:13 #

I love both looks.

31. adrian September 23, 2013 at 19:00 #

wish I could get more of that Saint Laurent Nicole. Bad-assery!!!

32. Tina September 23, 2013 at 20:55 #

Is it just me because I am sooo much more in love with the Saint Laurent look than the Prada dress? She is working the hell out of that suit!

33. Angel September 24, 2013 at 00:39 #

Love, Love, Love both looks from head to toe! Exquisite! Perfection!

34. coll July 14, 2014 at 22:05 #

Such a cool, bold, retro print. And love the chic pants outfit as well.