Laura Whitmore In Raoul – Marie Claire’s 25th Birthday Party

Laura Whitmore In Raoul - Marie Claire's 25th Birthday Party

Laura Whitmore was quite the social butterfly yesterday evening, attending both the 25th birthday party of Marie Claire at Hotel Cafe Royal and Harper’s Bazaar’s London Fashion Week closing party in London.

The Irish presenter known for her love of miniskirts wore a chic black crepe Raoul Fall 2013 backless gown with a satin ruffle cascading down the back.

With her hair swept up into an effortless updo, makeup-wise she opted for a copper lip colour and cat eyes, and she kept her accessories to a minimum, adding a black-and-silver clutch and gold jewels.

It’s nice to see her go glam for a change.

Credit: NYMag & Getty

Who Wore Givenchy Couture Better...Mariacarla Boscono or Ciara?

Who Wore Givenchy Couture Better…Mariacarla Boscono or Ciara?

Nicole Richie In Jean Paul Gaultier - Nordstrom Gala

Nicole Richie In Jean Paul Gaultier – Nordstrom Gala

10 Responses to Laura Whitmore In Raoul – Marie Claire’s 25th Birthday Party

1. Stel September 18, 2013 at 09:38 #

I’ts really good but something bothers me..

• Alina September 18, 2013 at 09:52 #

I have the same feeling. I think it’s the hairstyle…

2. kane September 18, 2013 at 09:48 #

I love the clutch, but I very much prefer the ruffle effect of the top on the model. It quite literally falls flat on Laura.

3. Mick September 18, 2013 at 10:27 #

I really love the clutch and the she looks very good overall, but the dress feels a bit deja-vu. It looks a lot like some other dresses, i.e. a black Gucci I think Jessica Biel wore to some premiere last year?

• KatieKate September 19, 2013 at 02:33 #

Totally agree. This dress is like a cheap-ish imitation of the aforementioned Gucci and also the very similar (ruffles-wise, at least), Givenchy collections from last spring. I just can’t like it, even though she does look better than the lookbook presentation.

4. Christine September 18, 2013 at 11:54 #

Love the clutch

5. Yeliz September 18, 2013 at 13:25 #

This is a gorgeous look IMO, I’m in love with the clutch.

6. Linda September 18, 2013 at 13:38 #

I love this execution. I love that she made the ruffle effect stand up the way she did. It creates a lovely and eye catching silhouette.

7. EmmaWoodhouse September 18, 2013 at 14:16 #

Gucci did this tricky-to-pull of gown better, and it was worn by Jessica Biel http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/11/21/jessica-biel-in-gucci-hitchcock-la-premiere/
    Laura’s version is a little floppy and sloppy looking…not especially loving it. The clutch is awesome, but overall there is nothing special here.

• Rashmi September 18, 2013 at 18:08 #

Omg..how is it so similar ! Jessica wore it way better, but I am in love with that clutch !!