17.09.13

LFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List

LFW 1

Here is my red carpet wish list from the Spring 2014 shows presented during London Fashion Week.

Antonio Berardi: Of all the designers, Antonio’s was the hardest to select just one from, as there are so many looks I am dying to see on the red carpet. In the end I selected Look 4 for Rose Byrne. The actress, who loves blush tones, would look remarkable in this look. It’s soft and pretty, with delicate embellishments, yet the mullet hem gives the look an edgier twist than we are used to seeing from the Aussie star.

Barbara Casasola: The Brazilian-born designer has been steadily growing her celebrity fan base with the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and Sonam Kapoor as fans, so I hope to see more of her pieces on the red carpet. Marion Cotillard would look amazing wearing this dual-colour black-and-lilac streamline frock. It would be perfect for a New York or London screening.

LFW 2

Burberry Prorsum: This soft-blue lace one-shoulder dress would look great on Anne Hathaway with her beautiful lean figure. The dress is sexy without being too revealing and ruining her good-girl image.

Christopher Kane: While my personal favourite from this collection was Look 50, I’m not sure it will make it onto the red carpet. Look 8 is destined, however. I know Rooney Mara is content with wearing black for every red carpet occasion, but I think she would look amazing in this mysterious dark floral lace frock with the metallic-blue steel detailing which gives the look a futuristic edge. Pretty with an edge. Isn’t that what she’s all about?

LFW 3

Erdem: While Gwen Stefani has never worn Erdem before, I feel that the sex appeal of this strapless floral-embroidered look with the sheer skirt could appeal to Gwen, especially when styled with those Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem platform zipper booties.

Osman: A week doesn’t go by without another starlet wearing an Osman look, so I know their stylists would’ve been paying close attention to this collection this season. I would love to see Nina Dobrev take to the red carpet wearing this vibrant frock. Knowing her, she won’t shy away from the bold colours, selecting complementary accessories instead of black pumps for this look.

LFW 4

Peter Pilotto: This was my favourite collection from London Fashion Week. Like Berardi, it was hard to pick one look. With Naomie Harris’ lean toned figure, she would look amazing in this aqua-blue dress with a lace midriff and ruffled detailing.

Temperley London: With the scheduling so tight, I selected the Topshop show over the Temperley show, which in hindsight was a big error. There were so many pretty red-carpet-ready looks which needed closer inspection. I was intrigued by the mix of animal print and florals here, deciding it would look amazing on Kerry Washington.

Credit: Getty

Gwyneth Paltrow In Lanvin - 'Thanks for Sharing' LA Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow In Lanvin – ‘Thanks for Sharing’ LA Premiere

Eve Hewson In J. Mendel - 'Enough Said' New York Premiere

Eve Hewson In J. Mendel – ‘Enough Said’ New York Premiere

15 Responses to LFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List

1. Linda September 17, 2013 at 15:18 #

Fantastic picks. Love Rooney Mara, Naomi Harris and Rose Byrne looks especially, in that order!

2. Christine September 17, 2013 at 15:24 #

Great picks! Love the one for Kerry ad Nina

3. Alina September 17, 2013 at 16:24 #

YES for Anne in that dress! Amazing colour!

4. Marybeth September 17, 2013 at 16:43 #

I love these wish lists!
    I especially love your choices for Nina Dobrev, Naomie Harris, and Kerry Washington.

I’m not so sure about that C Kane dress for Rooney Mara though. I think she’d look great in it, mind you, but I can’t see her picking it. The airy print fabric, the bright blue trim, the unstructured drape — out of her comfort zone. How about trying it on Zoe Saldana?!? :)

• Catherine Kallon September 17, 2013 at 22:34 #

I can’t see Rooney picking the Kane either, but it would look great on her

5. Yeliz September 17, 2013 at 16:44 #

I agree with all your picks, FC. I especially would love to see Marion in that Barbara Casasola dress.

6. Quinn September 17, 2013 at 17:12 #

I love your pick for Rooney Mara! She will definitely rock that dress, that is if she decides to stay away from black and white. hehe.

7. Lara September 17, 2013 at 17:20 #

I can actually see the top half of Look 50 from the Christopher Kane collection being worn by Alexa Chung. And I can see Katy Perry in the bottom half. If it is indeed a dress, then it’s a little harder to predict…

8. CreoleLady September 17, 2013 at 18:24 #

Those Kirkwood platforms with the Erdem are hideous. Ugh, eww, gag, the toe hanging over, ick. I like prints but those shown here don’t appeal much to me. Or maybe the Kirkwoods have affected my senses — adversely, lol.

9. Cass September 17, 2013 at 21:00 #

Would love to see Miranda Kerr in that Temperley London dress!

10. Dhppy September 17, 2013 at 22:05 #

That Osman dress really stood out for me too. When I first saw it, I thought it would be great on Solange Knowles.

• Dhppy September 17, 2013 at 22:08 #

Oh, and I think that Barbara Casasola choice for Cotillard is perfection.

11. EmmaWoodhouse September 18, 2013 at 02:39 #

Love looking through your pics! I hope Kerry and Rose take you up on it. Marion would be great in that Casasola choice as well.

12. KatieKate September 18, 2013 at 03:25 #

Woew, I like these picks even better than the ones from NYFW. Probably b/c LFW was so damn amazing!! I love look 50 from the CK collection best also. Wouldn’t it be amazing if someone were bold enough to take it for a spin? Maybe even as a street style look.

I think Marion’s, Rose’s and Nina’s are the best for them, but I hope they all get worn by someone b/c they are each amazing in their own right!

13. Prudence September 19, 2013 at 03:16 #

OMGG Kerry in that dress would be magic! I would however like to see Naomie Harris in the Burberry choice as well as what you chose!