16.09.13

Front Row @ Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014

Burberry Front Row

Burberry Prorsum’s pretty, English rose-themed Spring 2014 collection debuted today at Kensington Gardens during London Fashion Week. There were plenty of PYTs, and even a particular One Direction boy, who crowded the front row for the cheerful runway action.

Sienna Miller: Fully embracing the fall season, the Burberry-clad actress, who appears in the label’s Fall 2013 campaign, showed us how the midriff trend might transition to colder temps.  Her fuzzy, forest-green cropped jacket was matched to the slimmer silhouette of a classic pencil skirt in a similar tonal shade. Embellished sandals and a baby-blue clutch didn’t fit in as seamlessly as I would have liked.

Naomie Harris: Sleek and effortless, the actress wore a buttery-yellow sheath dress from the Burberry Resort 2014 collection. Accessorizing with black ankle-strap sandals and a mini-clutch, along with straight locks, she proved that simple is sometimes best.

Paloma Faith: The British singer-songwriter paid homage to the Burberry label with her Fall 2013 goldenrod trench and rubberized skirt, which she paired with a mahogany pumps and studded bag. Of course, all eyes were also on her flame-red curls, which always add an exclamation point to each of her outings.

Burberry Front Row 2

Alexa Chung: Continuing to make the show rounds, the model-DJ went for a leggy Burberry look with a patterned dark brown-and-black coat—and not much else—save for ankle-strap wedges and a black clutch.

Harley Viera-Newton: Fresh from the Christopher Kane Spring 2014 show earlier today, the DJ was in a Christopher Kane ensemble, but she did manage to add a bit of Burberry-inspired flair with her belted trench coat. Her lavender ombre shades, which we’ve seen her wear previously, as well as that coral-red lip completed the look.

Olivia Palermo: The stylista let her black dress and jacket combo be the background for her more colourful accessories, including a tribal-embroidered clutch and Sergio Rossi pink and grey patterned heels.

Burberry Front Row 3

Poppy Delevingne: Strutting out a burgundy raincoat-trench from Burberry’s Fall 2013 collection, Poppy paired her shiny statement with zebra-print flats—which I certainly wouldn’t have predicted—and a natural, fresh-faced look.

Harry Styles: The floppy-haired, One Direction heartthrob may or may not have been watching model-of-the-moment (and rumoured girlfriend) Cara Delevingne from his front-row seat at the show. But he did fit right in with his Burberry Fall 2013 leopard-print shirt, worn with a black overcoat, skinny pants and black boots.

Donna Air: The British TV presenter was refined in a Burberry Fall 2013 rubber-inspired ensemble that featured a brown shell top and a reptilian-embossed, below-the-knee skirt. A taupe clutch and kitten-heel wedges, embellished with a gold plate, finished out her classic appearance.

Credit: Getty

24 Comments
Audi & Altuzarra's Emmy Awards 2013 Kick-Off Party

Audi & Altuzarra’s Emmy Awards 2013 Kick-Off Party

Hilary Duff's Current/Elliott Shirt And Rag & Bone 'Newbury' Boots

Hilary Duff’s Current/Elliott Shirt And Rag & Bone ‘Newbury’ Boots

24 Responses to Front Row @ Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014

1. AnderBoBo September 16, 2013 at 21:34 #

Naomi is my fave of the bunch, she looks so sleek and gorgeous I’m pretending I don’t see those unfortunate wrinkles on the dress.

• Alina September 17, 2013 at 05:23 #

• Yeliz September 17, 2013 at 06:28 #

2. Malinda Jane September 16, 2013 at 21:47 #

I absolutely LOVE Paloma here. Not as costumey as she can sometimes go, but still packs a punch. Chic!

• vanillarose September 17, 2013 at 07:26 #

3. Mick September 16, 2013 at 21:49 #

I don’t like the proportions of Alexa’s outfit, and Sienna’s fur in Semptember (fur + bare midriff, nonsense) is kind of ridiculous, but everyone else is pretty good; I especcially like Naomie and Paloma.

• julyol1972 September 17, 2013 at 00:43 #

Agree about Sienna! If it hot enough for a crop top, then isn’t it too hot for a fur? It’s like that stupid LA trend of tank and shorts, with ugg boots and a scarf. Nonsensical!

4. Christine September 16, 2013 at 21:55 #

Love Olivia’s shoes. Lustworthy.

My favorites are the Naomie and Sienna.

5. Vicky September 16, 2013 at 21:58 #

Paloma looks like she’s in a movie, in a good way! The rain, the umbrella, the wavy hair, the jacket and pencil skirt. The scene is as if, she just got out of a cab in NY and is looking for her long lost love. So cool.

• Anita September 17, 2013 at 00:06 #

YES! I just adore everything about Paloma’s look; its so cinematic.

6. KatieKate September 16, 2013 at 21:59 #

Paloma looks really good, like she’s posing for a portrait, and I love how the punchy red hair really livens up the neutral, but stylish ensemble. She looks less cartoony than usual.

Harry also looks great in Burberry, as this isn’t the first time he’s worn the brand. Seems to fit him–youthful and fun, but sophisticated.

7. Nat September 16, 2013 at 22:24 #

Paloma looks as stunning as always. BDOTW

8. Koma September 16, 2013 at 22:37 #

Absolutly love Paloma’s look!

9. kane September 16, 2013 at 23:18 #

Wasn’t so keen on Paloma’s looks earlier today, but I absolutely love, love, love this one! Harley comes in second. Of the others, what really stands out to me is how unflattering Olivia’s dress is. I don’t mean to be rude and if she’s pregnant I’m happy to take it all back, I just hadn’t noticed it in the recent posts of her on this blog at all.

• Anj September 17, 2013 at 00:52 #

I was just about the mention that. Olivia does look pregnant though it could be the shadowing playing tricks. Either way, I dislike her look.

The only look I like is Naomie Harris’s.

10. EmmaWoodhouse September 17, 2013 at 01:03 #

If only Paloma didn’t have that cartoonish, Flinstones hair! Her look is really chic.
    The rest don’t get it perfectly right for me. I like a piece here and there, though.

11. Sharon September 17, 2013 at 01:33 #

You have no idea how much I dislike rubber and the color brown, but in spite of that, I absolutely love the way Paloma looks. From her umbrella to her beautiful hair to the vintage-looking outfit, she is just stunning. BDOTW for me.

12. Magdalena September 17, 2013 at 01:41 #

I like Sienna’s and Paloma’s looks best. Oh and Miroslava Duma looked great too, but she isn’t featured here.

13. Denise September 17, 2013 at 07:18 #

I like Naomi’s simple but gorgeous look, Harry’s charming shirt, and Olivia’s black outfit with colourful accessories.

14. Stel September 17, 2013 at 08:27 #

Paloma,Donna and Olivia are the best! So elegant, so great!

15. Sophy September 17, 2013 at 13:46 #

I want that coat – the one on poppy (what kind of silly name is that? had to look two three times to make sure I got it right) -its delicious n looove that colour!!!

16. H September 17, 2013 at 14:08 #

Naomie is simple and the best and Paloma’s theatricality always gets me going, the rain, the umbrella, the hair, the pose, the outfit, she looks like a walking ad, and is perfection!

17. kelly September 18, 2013 at 03:10 #

Naomie looks so elegant, and lithe and long in that sheath dress!