Yvonne Strahovski In ALICE by Temperley - PaleyFestPreviews Fall TV event 'Fall Farewell 'Dexter'

Yvonne Strahovski attended the 2013 PaleyFest Fall Preview – Fall Farewell ‘Dexter’ at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, California yesterday evening, where members of the cast and creative team gathered to reflect on its impact and preview a teaser of the upcoming series finale.

The blonde Australian beauty wore an ivory Alice by Temperley Resort 2014 lace jumpsuit with three-quarter-length sleeves and cropped trousers, which she styled with a black chain-accented Jimmy Choo ‘Chandra’ clutch and nude Christian Louboutin pumps – which were at least three sizes too big for her (never understood this).

Some of us (myself included) may have selected either a nude or lighter-coloured clutch; however, I kinda love the rough-and-smooth contrast on this occasion to prevent the look feeling to one-note.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sophie Kennedy Clark's Stella McCartney Stretch Crepe Gown

Sophie Kennedy Clark’s Stella McCartney Stretch Crepe Gown

Hailee Steinfeld In Calvin Klein - Calvin Klein Spring 2014 After-Party

Hailee Steinfeld In Calvin Klein – Calvin Klein Spring 2014 After-Party

14 Responses to Yvonne Strahovski In ALICE by Temperley – 2013 PaleyFest Fall Preview – Fall Farewell ‘Dexter’

1. Rebecca Z September 13, 2013 at 17:10 #

I think this really needs a belt. And I totally agree on the size of her shoes–how can she walk in those things? And why would you bother trying, they are so boring.

• Iva September 13, 2013 at 17:22 #

A belt and even a black pumps would have worked better on this occasion.

• KatieKate September 14, 2013 at 00:28 #

ITA. The lookbook styling is far superior with the black belt and pumps. I also really dislike the clutch with this. Too bad b/c this could have been really cute.

2. Anj September 13, 2013 at 17:26 #

I dislike the bag the most. It’s very generic wedding clutch and too big.

I also agree that this jumpsuit needs the belt. I think the shoes are okay if she actually added strong accessory pieces but she didn’t so another shoe would’ve been preferred too.

• Christine September 13, 2013 at 21:35 #

3. Yeliz September 13, 2013 at 17:44 #

The shoes should’ve definitely been two or three sizes smaller. I really like this jumpsuit, but the clutch has nothing to do with the rest of her look.

• Alina September 13, 2013 at 17:47 #

ITA.

4. Brooke September 13, 2013 at 18:20 #

The too-large shoes are unfortunately an indication of her/her stylist’s status in the industry: they are borrowed, and as she is closer to the bottom of the heap, as it were, she must take what she can get, which means the wrong size footwear (and a random bag – if she had done black shoes I’d be more of a fan of it). Such a pretty girl and I do love a jumpsuit.

• KatieKate September 14, 2013 at 00:30 #

You’re probably right. I immediately had similar thoughts. And not to be mean, but she’s a fairly low-level celeb, so that doesn’t help either.

5. Teleholic September 13, 2013 at 20:13 #

The lookbook styling was on point, I wish she would’ve kept something– black pumps, black belt, red lips.

• kane September 13, 2013 at 23:39 #

ITA. The look on the left looks put together. On the right it looks like individual pieces that lay in her way to the door.

6. EmmaWoodhouse September 14, 2013 at 00:40 #

I’m not a jumpsuit lover, but I love cream lace and was pleased with how it was styled in the lookbook with black accents (particularly the belt). Here, I think she lets it down…the clutch is all wrong, and so are the silly, too-large shoes.

7. Katia September 14, 2013 at 11:40 #

I’ve had that problem with shoes because my feet are wide and my right size wouldn’t allow me to wear them comfortably, so maybe that’s an explanation

• Arianna September 20, 2013 at 15:34 #

It may indeed. Me mum has the same problem.