13.09.13

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part III

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List

New York Fashion Week came to a close yesterday evening, so here is my final roundup of looks I wish to see on the red carpet.

Calvin Klein: We all know Rooney Mara is going to pick one of the black looks from this collection, so I hope it is this one with its unique halter detail, contrasting fabrics and interesting fringe detailing.

J. Mendel: I would love to see this gown on someone with Mila Kunis’ dark colouring. The coral lace gown would look gorgeous against her skin tone and naturally smouldering eyes.

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List 2

Jenny Packham: Florence Welch was the first person to come to mind when I saw this chartreuse halter gown. Mostly for the colour and billowing effect, which would complement her flame-red hair and make for a good performance piece respectively.

Marchesa: This ice-blue tiered gown with beaded and floral appliqués would be a great red carpet look for the statuesque Nicole Kidman. Michelle Williams was the first to spring to mind, but I think height is needed to make this stunner work.

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List 3

Marc Jacobs: I was surprised by the number of gowns Marc presented this season, although for Spring it felt a bit moody, so Dita von Teese – Princess of Darkness – sprang to mind when viewing this look.

Michael Kors: I would love to see this biscuit-coloured flared dress on Kristin Davis. It has the silhouette she tends to favour, plus it has a pretty floral print suited to her vibrant personality.

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List 4

Naeem Khan: Once again with colouring a factor, I would love to see this backless embellished long-sleeved gown on Eva Mendes.

Oscar de la Renta: There is something very magical about this ivory gown. With the top layer removed it would be a totally different look. Michelle Williams was the first person who popped into my head. It’s a very different silhouette for her, but one I think she could pull off.

What were your highlights this New York fashion week? Prabal Gurung really stood out for me.

Credit: Style.com

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand - Piperlime Event

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand – Piperlime Event

Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup

Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup

25 Responses to NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part III

1. Linda September 13, 2013 at 13:36 #

Beautiful picks, perfect for each lady mentioned.

• Iris September 13, 2013 at 14:26 #

+ 1

2. EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2013 at 13:40 #

Really love your picks for Michelle, Nicole, Kristen, and Eva.

3. Alina September 13, 2013 at 13:40 #

I would LOVE to see that dress on Eva Mendes.

I think the Marchesa gown would also look great on Olivia Wilde.

I really like the final red gown from the Ralph Lauren collection. I think it would be great on Cate Blanchett.

My favourite at NYFW has to be Jason Wu’s collection.

4. Arina September 13, 2013 at 13:58 #

Really wonderful choices, FC! There were quite a few lovely collections this season, but if I have to pick a favourite from NY it was Monique Lhuillier this time around. Can’t wait to see what the other cities have in store for us. :)

5. AnderBoBo September 13, 2013 at 14:08 #

Great choices as usual. I loved the J. Mendel, Naeem Khan, Reem Acra, Bibhu Mohapatra and Oscar De La Renta shows. I especially loved this J. Mendel (http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2014-ready-to-wear/new-york/j-mendel/collection/_ON_0113.320×480.JPG) and would love to see it on Kerry Washington or Gwyneth. I also think this cute dress would look stunning on my new fave Lupita Nyong’o: http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2014-ready-to-wear/new-york/oscar-de-la-renta/collection/MARC0484.320×480.JPG

6. dee September 13, 2013 at 14:09 #

I would love to see that J. Mendel gown on Mila.

7. Yeliz September 13, 2013 at 14:18 #

Amazing picks as always, Catherine. Especially the ones for Mila, Nicole and Michelle.

8. Marko_M September 13, 2013 at 16:14 #

FC, again we’re on the same page…this time it’s Rooney Mara. Yay!

• Catherine Kallon September 13, 2013 at 17:13 #

we have the same mind :D

• KatieKate September 14, 2013 at 00:57 #

Marko, I visited your site. Doin’ a great job!!! Loved your writing and reviews/picks. :-)

9. KatieKate September 13, 2013 at 16:53 #

I think I would like to see the ODLR gown you micked for Micelle Williams on our new girl crush, Lupita Nyong’o .

I loved a lot of the Spring collections, but my standouts were Prabal Gurung and Proenza Schouler–for now. I haven’t had time to look at very many yet.

• Rashmi September 13, 2013 at 17:04 #

Wow, that ODLR (am in love with that gown)on Lupita Nyong’o will be just heaven !!

• KatieKate September 14, 2013 at 01:36 #

Thanks for the love!

• TeaAtTwo September 17, 2013 at 10:06 #

Omg, that’s a brilliant idea.

10. Rashmi September 13, 2013 at 17:10 #

Great picks FC as always !! I can totally imagine them in these dresses! (That J.Mendel gown was my fav. from the collection and can’t wait someone to wear it! )

I thought there was a dearth of creativity this season :( But apart from that, my favs were
    Prabal Gurung and Monique Lhuillier !

11. Suzaan September 13, 2013 at 17:30 #

You have this amazing gift of picking the PERFECT looks for the celebrities that match them so well! LOVE all the choices!

• Catherine Kallon September 13, 2013 at 18:20 #

That is very kind of you to say so…fingers crossed I score a few :)

12. Teleholic September 13, 2013 at 20:17 #

FC, have you ever considered being a stylist? You can totally send these posts as your application, they’d take you on the spot.

• Catherine Kallon September 14, 2013 at 00:24 #

LOL…you are so sweet. I don’t come close to many talented stylists out there.

13. Dhppy September 14, 2013 at 01:37 #

You picked my favorite J Mendel dress this season, FC! Kunis would do well in it. The Marc Jacobs collection was just a disaster to me, so I don’t see any celebrities doing well with that. However, I felt the same way about Chanel’s Spring Couture for 2013 and it turned out fantastically on several red carpets, so… maybe I’m wrong.

• Catherine Kallon September 14, 2013 at 17:29 #

It HAS to have a red carpet moment. I was blown away by that look.

You are right. The red carpet interpretations always work better than on the runway for Marc and Chanel

14. Prudence September 14, 2013 at 15:39 #

No that white Oscar de la renta needs to be for Kerry!!!!! Remember her last fab ODLR outing?? Plus the whiteness will wash out Michelle tremendously.

15. Dreaming of a fabulous life September 14, 2013 at 17:57 #

The Michael Kors dress for Kristin Davis is so spot on that you’re almost giving me chills. I wonder if the Marchesa dress would ever come close to Nicole Kidman though, as I think she/her stylist entourage would consider it a bit young for her. But you can never really tell until the dress is actually on the person.