13.09.13

Michelle Dockery In Vionnet – Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party

Michelle Dockery In Vionnet - Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party

Michelle Dockery attended the Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party held at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City yesterday evening.

The ‘Downton Abbey’ star wore a Vionnet Pre-Fall 2013 dress consisting of a taupe silk long-sleeved top with an asymmetrical skirt with wrap detailing, which was styled with Paul Andrew metallic-gold pumps, Kwiat jewels and a complementary Prada bag.

What I love about this look is the skirt, which draws you in, and the warm taupe colour, which complements her skin tone and brunette locks.

I love that she is experimenting more on the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Michelle Dockery In Antonio Berardi - Cartier Queen's Cup Final

Michelle Dockery In Antonio Berardi – Cartier Queen’s Cup Final

Michelle Dockery In Erdem - BAFTA LA TV Tea Party

Michelle Dockery In Erdem – BAFTA LA TV Tea Party

18 Responses to Michelle Dockery In Vionnet – Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party

1. Lee Ann September 13, 2013 at 11:07 #

I love the skirt and the tones of this outfit but she ages everything about 20 years-its like looking at your Mom in your favourite dress. Also some women just need to wear tights-she is one of them.

2. Yeliz September 13, 2013 at 12:08 #

I love these colour combinations, I think she looks great.

• Alina September 13, 2013 at 12:51 #

ITA.

• Nat September 14, 2013 at 19:06 #

3. Carolina September 13, 2013 at 12:53 #

Love the top, much less enthused about the skirt. However, the top is bunched up where it should not be. I think her biggest issue is self confidence – look at her shoulders.

4. kane September 13, 2013 at 13:08 #

The shoes get a “hmmmmmmm…” but the rest, and I’m happy to say this although she usually gives me a rather hard time with her looks, wins me over.

5. Anne September 13, 2013 at 13:28 #

I really like this look! It’s classy, but still interesting. Pretty makeup. Just wish someone with her would have helped her straighten and tug before she hit the carpet.

6. EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2013 at 13:33 #

I think a blue statement necklace to pick up the color in the skirt would have perfected this. Otherwise, it seems very cosy and likeable. The skirt’s pattern (especially angled like that) is really charming.

• dee September 13, 2013 at 13:50 #

That is a good styling tip. I agree on the necklace.

7. amy September 13, 2013 at 13:36 #

really nice look. this skirt is perfect

8. Linda September 13, 2013 at 13:38 #

Wow, she has never looked more lovely. Everything fits so perfectly and the colours are making her glow. A adore the skirt.

9. Linda September 13, 2013 at 13:38 #

BDOTW worthy for sure.

10. Rebecca Z September 13, 2013 at 15:48 #

Best she has looked all week by far, though I have to say I want to tug the right side of her skirt down into place! Still, her style is generally pretty boring and this, while pretty, is nothing special.

11. Anj September 13, 2013 at 17:38 #

I like the skirt the best and overall, this looks is successful from the neck down.

However, I can never get excited about her and it looks like neither can she. Does she use Botox? She never has any apparent facial expressions and I wish she’d get a less aging hairstyle.

12. KatieKate September 13, 2013 at 18:54 #

She’s usually not my favorite fashionista, but she looks particularly good here. I love the outfit, though I’m less enthused about her styling, as usual. I agree with the commenter who said she tends to age things, and I blame a lot of that on her hair and makeup.

13. Christine September 13, 2013 at 21:47 #

Only like the skirt

14. Kelli September 14, 2013 at 03:21 #

I think this might be the best that Michelle has ever looked. The colors and style are perfect on her, her hair is making me want to run to the hairdresser to copy her style right now, and her makeup is flawless! Well done Michelle!

15. x_De_x September 14, 2013 at 16:51 #

This outfit makes her look like mutton dressed as lamb. Oh Michelle :( And it looks uncomfortable on her…