13.09.13

Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup

Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a roundup of the rest of the attendees at the Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party held at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City yesterday evening.

Joan Smalls: The model snagged the first look from the Prabal Gurung Spring 2014 collection, wearing a lavender-and-ivory strapless dress with light embroidery. The only thing I would change about the look is the heavy Casadei pumps.

Hailee Steinfeld: The young actress wore a cute Marc Jacobs Resort 2014 navy floral satin dress with a pleated skirt styled with a navy cardi and brown ankle-strap sandals. Had she opted for better heels and ditched the cardi this would’ve been a more memorable look.

Hilary Rhoda: Like Joan, she also wore a Prabal Gurung look, selecting a sexy one-shoulder ivory frock from the designer’s Fall 2013 collection featuring a sculptural ruffled hem and gold baroque border. Jimmy Choo ‘Besso’ black-and-gold sandals, tousled tresses and a gold clutch completed her look. She was by far the best dressed at this event for me.

Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup  2

Anna Dello Russo: The fashionista continues her love affair with micro-sized dresses wearing a pretty black mini dress with blue-and-silver embroidered detailing, styled with a blue Valentino clutch, bangles and black-and-white tuxedo pumps.

Giovanna Battaglia: The editor worked a more sophisticated look, donning a Calvin Klein Fall 2013 wool-felt/vinyl strapless dress.

Carine Roitfeld: No prizes for guessing that the editor-in-chief of CR Fashion Book is wearing Givenchy. She selected a sheer dress with black leather appliqués and a belted sweater from the Fall 2013 collection.

Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup 3

Liu Wen: The model was my second favourite at this event wearing a red hot Opening Ceremony Spring 2014 jumpsuit with faux pockets.

Drew Barrymore: The actress kept it simple wearing a Marc Jacobs ivory dress and a black vintage Chanel jacket for her red carpet look.

Iman: The supermodel kept it simple and chic wearing a berry-coloured Zac Posen dress with a matching lip colour, retro waves and silver platform heels.

Credit: Getty

Rita Wilson In Prada - 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Rita Wilson In Prada – 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Calvin Klein - Calvin Klein Spring 2014 After-Party

Hailee Steinfeld In Calvin Klein – Calvin Klein Spring 2014 After-Party

21 Responses to Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party Red Carpet Roundup

1. Alina September 13, 2013 at 14:19 #

I adore Hilary Rhoda’s look. Simply gorgeous! BDOTW-worthy.

• jas September 13, 2013 at 14:49 #

agreed! absolutely stunning

2. Yeliz September 13, 2013 at 14:21 #

Hilary looks amazing, she really pulls it off. But my favourite at this event was Michelle Dockery.

3. Pedro September 13, 2013 at 14:28 #

Hilary Rhoda looks amazing!!!

BDOTW

4. Anne September 13, 2013 at 14:32 #

Buy me a ticket on the Hilary Rhoda bandwagon. Amazing look that is styled gorgeously. The shoes are practically made for this dress. I think it’s a good transition piece for summer into fall, as well.

5. EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2013 at 14:47 #

I love the *color* of Joan’s dress but the style is boring and it looks ill-fitted. No on the shoes.
    Hailee looks adorable; I like the 40s vibe of the look and don’t mind the shoes and cardi.
    Hilary’s look is too revealing with that awkward side cutout; other wise I like it and the shoes are fab.
    Anna looks once more ridiculously childish (not working for her!)
    Giovanna looks elegant but nothing amazing.
    Carine is a trainwreck imo.
    Liu looks OK but I’m not a jumpsuit fan.
    Drew’s look is a bit dull.
    Iman looks fabulous. LOVE it.

6. Lee Ann September 13, 2013 at 15:23 #

I don’t particularly rate any of the looks but oddly enough I don’t mind Joan S’s shoes because they stop the outfit from becoming sicknening sweet.

7. Iva September 13, 2013 at 15:34 #

None of these looks wowes me, but I choose Giovanna Battaglia & Iman as my favorites.

8. Mol September 13, 2013 at 15:51 #

I love Liu Wen’s look, she really stands out for me.

9. KatieKate September 13, 2013 at 16:44 #

Both good and bad here:

I love Prabal Gurung, but I don’t care for Joan’s dress at all.
    Hailee’s posture really brings any charm the look might have had down, IMO.
    Hilary looks perfect! Love those Choos!
    I’ m not into AdR’s look this time. I think her shoes are Valentino.
    Giovanna ‘s CK dress was one of my faves, and she rocks it. Her shoes are Gucci.
    Tired of the Givenchy collection Carine is wearing. It’s just been done to death.
    Love Liu’s jumpsuit. The color is great on her. Wonder what the brand is.
    Drew is all bad, except for her lipcolor.
    Iman is flawless, as per.

• KatieKate September 14, 2013 at 05:01 #

Thank you, FC, for identifying Lieu Wen’s jumpsuit, you’re such a pro!

10. kane September 13, 2013 at 16:51 #

Not particularly crazy about anyone here, but Hilary and Wen look good indeed.

11. Anj September 13, 2013 at 17:28 #

Hilary Rhoda looks absolutely stunning! The shoes and dress really work together here. Definitely best dressed.

12. ChicTrends September 13, 2013 at 19:32 #

Carine Roitfeld looks amazing! Can’t stop looking at her look! x

13. Parvati September 13, 2013 at 20:31 #

Hilary Rhoda looks amazing!!!

• gabis September 13, 2013 at 21:26 #

+1. And Anna Dello Russo looks awful. Why wearing dresses that are SO age inappropriate? Someone should tell her that she doesn’t look good nor younger on those dresses just ridiculous. With so many interesting and age appropriate pieces it’s a shame that she keeps choosing the childish ones.

14. Christine September 13, 2013 at 21:37 #

I like Hilary, Anna Dello Russo, Liu Wen and Carine

15. amy September 13, 2013 at 23:13 #

Hilary and Liu are my faves.
    Iman is a goddess! just look at her, ugh!

16. Prudence September 14, 2013 at 00:49 #

Hilary is slaying, I am in lovee!!
    I would have been all about Imans look had the dress not been that color and the dark lip is just too much darkness. Now imagine that dress in a mustard yellow! could have been heavenly!
    Joans should have stuck to Givenchy because this Prabal collection was a hot hot hot mess imo.

17. Dreaming of a fabulous life September 14, 2013 at 17:55 #

Thought that Hilary’s dress was from Marchesa first, as they made a collection with dresses inspired by Indian saris. I WANT her hair!!

18. Nat September 14, 2013 at 18:53 #

Hillary Honda looks fantastic. I love this dress.