13.09.13 Menswear

Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

Nicole Kidman Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

Calvin Klein presented their Spring 2014 show during New York Fashion Week yesterday evening, inviting Nicole Kidman, Rooney Mara, Naomie Harris and Alexander Skarsgard. The stars also joined Francisco Costa at the after-party to celebrate his 10 years as women’s Creative Director and the new ‘Downtown’ fragrance.

Nicole Kidman

Show: The Australian actress looked very sophisticated wearing a brand-typical minimalist chic blush sheath dress accented with a gold belt, with stunning earrings, a gold Omega watch and tri-coloured pumps accessorizing the look and preventing it from feeling too one-note.

After-Party: Although the silhouette is the same, her two-piece black look was spiced up with a statement bracelet, red sandals with a pom-pom accent and a wavy bob.

Rooney Mara Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

Rooney Mara

Show: As the face of Calvin Klein’s current fragrance, Rooney Mara was also in attendance. While her hair is much lighter than the raven locks we’ve grown used to, her dress code was all too familiar: black, black and more black, with a black silk dress worn under her black coat.

After-Party: You guessed it: it was black again for Rooney, who swapped her all-black show look for an all-black after-party look. However, she pulled her hair back, opted for a smoky eye and gave us a rare smile on this occasion.

Naomie Harris Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

Naomie Harris

Show: The British star opted for a Resort 2014 two-piece, donning a sleeveless crop top and textured high-waisted belt skirt to full effect, with Calvin Klein accessories plus a gold cuff. This is the perfect look to showcase her toned body and glowing skin.

After-Party: Going from one abs-baring look to another, Naomie’s strapless look may feel familiar because Zoe Saldana and Alice Braga have both worn similar skirts from the same collection on the red carpet.

Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

Alexander Skarsgard

Show: Working a hypnotic glare, the handsome actor wore a steel-blue Calvin Klein notched-lapel two-button suit with a lighter-blue unbuttoned shirt, much to my delight.

After-Party: Getting in the party spirit, the actor wore a laidback all-black look which included a fine-knit jumper with a satin blazer and black jeans, which probably had many partygoers swooning.

Credit: BFA & Getty

Scarlett Johansson In Roland Mouret - 'Don Jon' New York Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Roland Mouret – ‘Don Jon’ New York Premiere

Michelle Dockery In Vionnet - Estee Lauder 'Modern Muse' Fragrance Launch Party

Michelle Dockery In Vionnet – Estee Lauder ‘Modern Muse’ Fragrance Launch Party

27 Responses to Calvin Klein Spring 2014 Show & After-Party

1. Champsbutterfly September 13, 2013 at 11:01 #

Oh my CK. Alexander Skarsgård looks delicious in everything, especially a well made suit. Swoon worthy.

• Kowscia September 13, 2013 at 12:32 #

• julyol1972 September 13, 2013 at 18:03 #

+2 What a way to start a Friday morning!!!

2. Rashmi September 13, 2013 at 11:03 #

And Alexander’s show look is my fav!! The unbuttoned shirt had me swooning :D Next was both the looks from Naomie Harris!
    PS: So great to see Ronnie smiling, pretty.

3. Mery September 13, 2013 at 11:07 #

Ugh! That Rooney girl is painful to watch sometime. Girl! Have some fun.
    Anyway, Kidman looks AMAZING! And that hair cut is doing wonderful things on her.

4. CreoleLady September 13, 2013 at 11:08 #

Nicole Kidman is all that and a bag of chips. Love the styling of both looks, especially her hair and footwear. I like Naomie’s show look better, but enough of the crop top. And Skarsgard’s show look — swoon-worthy, still fanning myself, lol.

5. june September 13, 2013 at 11:15 #

i love both looks nicole rocked, love naomi’s looks although i’m kind of really sick of crop tops now, and although alexander is gorgeous in both looks, the pale blue shirt is not the right type of shirt for that suit jacket.

• KatieKate September 13, 2013 at 20:43 #

You are right, june. I think Alexander was drop-dead sexy in both looks, but the way that shirt collar is bunched under the jacket really bothers me. Meanwhile, I believe Naomi is my favorite among the ladies. She can work the crop top look so well. On the other hand, I know I’m in the minority, but I thought Nicole looked boring.

6. manja September 13, 2013 at 11:54 #

Rooney boring as per usual,others I like all looks,even if I am sick and tired of crop tops

• JJ September 14, 2013 at 14:10 #

I’m shocked she’s smiling. lol

7. Yeliz September 13, 2013 at 11:58 #

Nicole looks amazing in both looks. Rooney looks bad in both looks. Naomie looks good in both looks and Alexander looks handsome in both looks.

8. Mandy September 13, 2013 at 12:22 #

Hmm im obviously in the minority but i love both of Rooney’s looks, the first one is bold and chic and the second is sexy.

• Quinn September 13, 2013 at 14:30 #

I’m with you Mandy! I love both her looks. I know a lot of people said that she’s not having fun with fashion, but i think otherwise. She is just choosing pieces that suits her style and personality. And yes, the first look is so chic!

• Mol September 13, 2013 at 15:49 #

I agree with you both, chic, sexy and uniquely suited to Rooney.

9. Alina September 13, 2013 at 12:50 #

Nicole Kidman looks amazing in both outfits. I esp. like the hairstyles + she seems like she enjoys fashion again.

Rooney’s outfits are boring and too dark.

Naomie looks fantastic! I like the first outfit better because we haven’t seen it before.

Alexander looks very handsome.

10. EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2013 at 13:35 #

Nicole is the queen of the “Ladies who Lunch” look, and she totally works it imo. I really like bother her looks, but especially the first one because it’s so strikingly minimalistic.
    Neither of Rooney’s looks work for me. The first is so dour, and the second is too revealing and yet also boring black.
    Naomie–the colors are great but I don’t like the crop tops, especially the bandeau.
    Alexander: no complaints here. He looks fantastic!

11. Pedro September 13, 2013 at 15:28 #

Queen Nicole looks amazing!

Rooney Mara + smile = WHAT?

12. Tropical Breeze September 13, 2013 at 16:02 #

Nicole’s bob from first look reminds me of herself in To Die For. Love it.

13. Anj September 13, 2013 at 17:42 #

Alexander Skarsgaard is the best dressed out of the lot with both of his looks!!! Yum!

Out of the women, Naomi Harris’s show look is my fav. Then Nicole Kidman’s show look (though I love her after party shoes) and then Rooney Mara’s show look sans the shoes.

14. Sandy September 13, 2013 at 18:28 #

Alex looks good at the after party, but the blue suit is poorly fitted, definitely expected more

15. Ash September 13, 2013 at 19:25 #

Rooney Mara looks so good!
    Nicole Kidman’s show look is like 10 years younger than her afterparty look.

16. H September 13, 2013 at 20:14 #

Nicole Kidman looks really good, but my favourite is definitely Naomie Harris, she is stunning in every outing and, if you have those abs, better show them off!!

17. Anissa September 13, 2013 at 21:16 #

I’m so glad Nicole and her first dress were ok. Right before (or after I forget which), a papparazo ran her over on the sidewalk outside with his bike!

18. Christine September 13, 2013 at 21:48 #

I like Nicole Kidman first look, Naomie Harris first look and Alexander both looks.

19. charlotte September 14, 2013 at 10:43 #

Everyone is well-dressed in my opinion.which is so rare.
    Nicole is sensational once again

20. Nat September 14, 2013 at 19:14 #

Rooney Mara is finally smiling =DD. Kudos for her. Anyway Nicole Kidman looks amazing. The Grace movie did wonders for her style.

21. Carolina September 14, 2013 at 23:13 #

I don’t like any of Rooney’s looks!
    Naomi is a beautiful lady, and she looked nice.
    Nicole, love the shorter hair, and although the dresses are simple, she is so classic and statuesque!