Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - 'Blood Ties' Toronto Film Festival Press Conference

Marion Cotillard attended the Toronto International Film Festival press conference for ‘Blood Ties,’ alongside director Guillaume Canet, at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Canada on Tuesday.

After her sheer lace mullet gown at the film’s premiere, the French star took a slightly more conservative turn with a Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture design.

The black dress featured a light-blue collar detail and an asymmetrical wrapped kimono-sleeve silhouette that were both rather unique.

Although this was a more serious, architectural statement, Marion did cut the intensity with lighthearted, pink-accented houndstooth Dior heels and a bright cherry lip.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Juliette Lewis In Wes Gordon - TIFF HFPA/InStyle Party

Juliette Lewis In Wes Gordon – TIFF HFPA/InStyle Party

23 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Blood Ties’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference

1. Alina September 11, 2013 at 05:50 #

Enough is enough.
    Someone introduce her to Giorgio Armani, Michael Kors, Narciso Rodriguez, even Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta.

• Derro September 11, 2013 at 05:57 #

Please, no. Armani is the only fabulous designer you mentioned. The others? Hell no. Give me this chic kimono over the overworked “designs” of the fashion houses you mentioned ANY DAY!

• Alina September 11, 2013 at 06:32 #

Well, I think she could work some pieces from their collections. She HAS to be capable to choose what is right for her from a collection.

And what you call a chic kimono I call a boring outfit.

• Lee Ann September 11, 2013 at 13:17 #

Also Armani hasn’t had a successful ready to wear show for at least 15 years-he is so over. His recent Prive Collection was the best thing he has done for many many years.

2. cherrysoftness September 11, 2013 at 06:29 #

It’s not that I don’t like her dress, but she always looks a little less… remarkable, than I imagine her to be. And Marion Cotillard is an incredibly beautiful woman. We’ve seen celebrities in boring clothes where you can say, “but she looked absolutely beautiful nonetheless”. With her it’s often the other way around: “Although she looked beautiful…”.

3. kane September 11, 2013 at 07:32 #

I prefer the runway styling: slightly simpler shoes, but that necklace that would have spiced things up. Marion’s take is a little bland.

4. Jacqueline September 11, 2013 at 07:53 #

I think she looks surprisingly great, given that the dress isn’t really my thing. Those shoes though – wow, I love them. To me they made the outfit. Catherine, any idea who makes them?

• Catherine Kallon September 11, 2013 at 09:24 #

Dior

• Lee Ann September 11, 2013 at 13:19 #

Dior’s accessories are going from strength to strength which is a good thing given how expensive the clothes have become- they may be the only thing left that I can afford

5. Yeliz September 11, 2013 at 08:18 #

I do like this dress on her, but I think the shoes and the cherry lip are the best parts about this look.

• amy September 11, 2013 at 09:25 #

+1. the shoes steal the show

• dee September 11, 2013 at 14:09 #

6. Violet G September 11, 2013 at 08:30 #

Dior has been more miss than hit lately. This is one of the better ones but it’s still a bit whatever.

7. Marta September 11, 2013 at 08:52 #

I actually think she looks perfect for a press conference even though I’m not a fan of all of her Dior choices.
    Parisian chic I would say.
    Some people maybe don’t like the look before even looking at it just because it is Dior again.

8. Leigh September 11, 2013 at 13:29 #

Beautiful woman – she could probably pull off a sack! I like the outfit – esp those shoes which are so cool!

9. Rebecca Z September 11, 2013 at 15:06 #

Not a fan–she looks like she is going to a funeral. Love the shoes though.

10. Namel September 11, 2013 at 15:32 #

Simple and lovely. Press conference perfection.

11. KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 18:41 #

I am liking this, I think the styling is what really carries it, though I’m not complaning-many an outfit suffers from bad styling. She looks pretty no matter what.

12. Vince September 11, 2013 at 18:56 #

Though I am never a big fan of Raf’s Dior, I found this look impeccable. Marion looks strong but chic, confident without losing her femininity. The polish and sophistication of Marion renders her Dior look a BDOTW to me.

13. Anj September 11, 2013 at 19:09 #

I’m sorry but I think she looks absolutely amazing! The dress is structurally interesting and she looks very regal in it. I want that dress in my wardrobe.

• Milla B. September 11, 2013 at 22:42 #

She looks great.

14. Christine September 14, 2013 at 00:05 #

Only like the shoes

15. TeaAtTwo September 15, 2013 at 21:23 #

Though she could give Dior’s closet a rest I adore this look, it’s understated elegance.