11.09.13

#DKNY25 Birthday Bash

DKNY25-Birthday-Bash2

Haute—and just plain hot—topics abounded at the lively #DKNY Birthday Bash on Monday, where fashionable femmes descended on 23 Wall Street in New York City. Skin was in, and so was sultry appeal, as PYTs flashed their DKNY best—and posed with designer Donna Karan and her iconic taxicab cake.

Emmy Rossum: Sizzling in gold, the actress illuminated the scene with a Midas touch like no other. With the glint of a metallic clutch, black Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps and a slicked-back ’do, Emmy was dripping in glamour.

Rita Ora: With her cool edge firmly in place, the songstress set off her paisley-print playsuit with a white jersey blazer, emblazoned with the number ‘25’ on the back. An embellished baseball hat capped off the sporty effect, whilst studded black Christian Louboutin ‘Artifice’ heels put the vamp in this game-changing outfit. Rita’s short platinum crop, along with lavender eye shadow and a cherry-red lip, added even more dynamic impact.

Hailee Steinfeld: The young starlet took a safer approach in a white, grey and black colour-block T-shirt and flared organza skirt. Her long wavy locks, smokey-rust eye makeup and black clunky shoes all registered as a bit lacklustre, when she could have had so much more fun.

#DKNY25 Birthday Bash 2

Joan Smalls: This catwalker put the daring in DKNY, when she took a no-holds-barred approach to the party, sauntering out a sporty-sexy in a sports bra and black boy shorts, worn under a see-through mesh skirt.

Karlie Kloss: The statuesque stunner also had a model moment in her deep cerulean skater dress, edged in black paneling at the sides. I love that she kept singing the blues with her quirky zippered, peep-toe booties, rather than choosing a more standard shoe.

Iggy Azalea: The Aussie singer didn’t wear DKNY, but she did follow the sexy dress code in a cutout Roberto Cavalli green-and-black dress, paired with black ankle-strap pumps.

#DKNY25 Birthday Bash In NYC

Credit: Getty

Rachel Zoe's Rachel Zoe 'Melodie' Capelet

Rachel Zoe’s Rachel Zoe ‘Melodie’ Capelet

Rihanna In Saint Laurent - Out In London

Rihanna In Saint Laurent – Out In London

13 Responses to #DKNY25 Birthday Bash

1. Leah September 11, 2013 at 22:19 #

Karlie looks stunning

2. shifa September 11, 2013 at 22:24 #

Rita’s makeup is a no no for me… to think I thought she was starting over stylewise. Emmy looks great, but far too overdressed. Hailee looks drab, isn’t she supposed to be a teenager?! Joan makes it work with those abs, but heaven forbid I ever tried working that… we’ll leave that to the models. Karlie is my favorite, because she had the most fun with hers and the blue on her is perfection, I like how she kept the blue theme going on with her shoes. Iggy Azalea looks good, a little TOO sophisticated for an event that is about having fun

3. Yeliz September 11, 2013 at 22:27 #

Emmy is easily the best of the bunch for me. She is glowing and I simply love her look.

4. admmgz September 11, 2013 at 22:54 #

I like Emmy & Rita’s looks

5. KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 23:04 #

Emmy is amazing as usual, I think Rita looks pretty good for Rita, and I noticed she has on something different in the group pic which I really like, actually. Go Joan!!!! And Karlie looks awesome.

6. Larissa September 11, 2013 at 23:12 #

Rita’s pants are really unflattering and her whole outfit doesn’t make sense to me. Emmmy looks beautiful and glamorous as always.

7. kane September 12, 2013 at 00:05 #

Emmy and Karlie for me, hands down. Iggy’s dress reminds me of Alessandra Ambrosio in Cannes and needless to say the former doesn’t quite stand a chance. I’m surprised that with a few adjustments I would have quite liked Rita’s look.

8. Iris September 12, 2013 at 00:28 #

Emmy is jaw dropping stunning. Joan taking style tips from Miley C?

9. Anj September 12, 2013 at 01:38 #

Rita is best dressed- wuuuuh?? It sounds almost impossible but somehow it happened.

10. Alina September 12, 2013 at 06:14 #

Karlie is my best dressed here.
    Had Emmy opted for different shoes, she would have been my favourite. Those shoes just don’t say ‘party’.

11. Zissou September 12, 2013 at 14:30 #

I absolutely adore Rita’s look.

12. amy September 12, 2013 at 16:17 #

Karlie is my fave here.
    Emmy’s look is too “strict” for DKNY and we’ve seen her glamorous many times
    Joan has a fab body but her look is ridiculous, the skirt makes it look like she has a penis. Plus she’s becoming a one trick pony with her overly sexy looks

13. Christine September 13, 2013 at 23:05 #

Emmy and Iggy looks good.