10.09.13

NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part II

NYFW1

Alexander Wang: Zoe Kravitz is a huge fan of Alexander Wang, so the question when looking at the collection was ‘What would Zoe wear?’ My choices were somewhat limited due to the amount of colour on display as Zoe loves to wear black, so I settled on this black strappy dress with a flared skirt. I hope she proves me wrong and selects something other than black from this collection.

Altuzarra: Allison Williams is always a goodie two-shoes on the red carpet. I would love to see her in this sexy, slightly undone look to spice up her red carpet game.

NYFW2

Carolina Herrera: If Kate Beckinsale is a guest at the Emmys, I would love to see her wearing this printed frock. A lot of her looks have structure, whereas this is more free-flowing.

Diane von Furstenberg: I don’t know if it’s the print, the keyhole detail or the billowing effect, but this look screams JLo.

NYFW3

Derek Lam: Even though I would like to see Rooney Mara wearing more colour, these chic black-and-white separates are very much suited to the young actress’s style.

Donna Karan: Beyonce Knowles sprang to mind when I saw this deep-blue printed frock. Not as a red carpet look, but more for either lounging on her yacht in the Mediterranean or a sexy frock to wear on vacation while headed to dinner.

NYFW4

Jason Wu: There are always infinite possibilities at Jason Wu, but this spaghetti-strap ivory beaded dress caught my eye for Rose Byrne. The dress is both beautiful and elegant, two qualities the Australian actress possesses.

Lela Rose: This dress has Emmys written all over it so, looking at the nominees, I would love to see this on Morena Baccarin. She’s not afraid of colour and I think this would look amazing against her olive skin. UPDATE: Just realized that Morena is heavily pregnant.

NYFW5

Monique Lhuillier: Emilia Clarke is just the girl to take on this two-piece look and work it on the red carpet at the Emmys. It’s colourful, youthful and vibrant, plus the crop top is on-trend. The Emmys needs something like this to shake things up.

Prabal Gurung: Fashion’s coolest IT girl Zoe Saldana sprang to mind when viewing this collection, but this off-the-shoulder number with contrasting appliqués would sit nicely amongst a collection of pieces for her next promo tour for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’.

NYFW6

Reem Acra: Jessica Alba doesn’t always show off her to-die-for body. It would be showcased perfectly in this liquid gold cocktail dress.

Thakoon: Jessica Biel says she’s always been a bit of a tomboy. I think these silk separates would please her inner tomboy, while still giving her plenty of sex appeal.

NYFW7

Victoria Beckham: Picking a look for Victoria herself would just be too easy and lazy, so I would love to see this sporty frock on Nina Dobrev. This youthful look is very much in tune with her style as she loves to show off those gorgeous pins of hers.

Zac Posen: Emmy Rossum. The colour, the uber-girlie style, the free-flowing silhouette: everything about this look tells me this dress should be destined for Emmy Rossum.

Credit: Style.com

Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum - The Hollywood Reporter Inaugural Breakthrough in Film Awards

Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum – The Hollywood Reporter Inaugural Breakthrough in Film Awards

Pace Wu In Thakoon - Superstar C

Pace Wu In Thakoon – Superstar C

19 Responses to NYFW Spring 2014 Red Carpet Wish List Part II

1. Paulyne September 10, 2013 at 17:08 #

I love your wishlist ! I don’t know if Morena Baccarin will attend the Emmys since she is very pregnant but i would love to see her in this Lela Rose gown if she is ! She would look terrific !

• Catherine Kallon September 10, 2013 at 17:57 #

LOL…I just saw a picture and was coming to update the post

2. Alina September 10, 2013 at 17:13 #

I LOVE that Lela Rose dress. Since Morena Bacarin is quite pregnant, I think this dress would work well on Jane Krakowski @ the Emmys.

I simply love every piece from Jason Wu’s collection, so… there it goes:

Charlize Theron – http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2014RTW-JASONWU/#24

Diane Kruger – http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2014RTW-JASONWU/#28

Kerry Washington – http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2014RTW-JASONWU/#33

Zoe Saldana – http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2014RTW-JASONWU/#43

And this Zac Posen dress (maybe in green) on Christina Hendricks: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2014RTW-ZPOSEN/#29

I don’t have to say again how much I like posts like this, FC. :D

• KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 03:15 #

Great picks, I adore the one you chose for Zoe Saldana, when I saw it originally, I actually first thought of FC!

3. dee September 10, 2013 at 17:30 #

Good picks. I would love to see Zoe Saldana in that dress.

4. mm September 10, 2013 at 17:33 #

Love the wishlist post.

slam dunk for the zoe saldana pic, i could see kerry washington in that one also

5. Iva September 10, 2013 at 17:40 #

I totally see J. Lopez, Rooney Mara, Emilia Clarke, Jessica Biel and Zoe Saldana in these looks.
    I would love to see Jessica Alba and Rose Byrne in their (suggested) looks as well.
    As for the others – I would like for them to surprise me. :)

6. Stephanie September 10, 2013 at 17:49 #

FC, how do you feel when someone else wears the piece?

• Catherine Kallon September 10, 2013 at 18:41 #

Like I got it half right :D

Lady Gaga and Rita Ora have worn looks I picked for Rihanna and Jlo respectively

7. Yeliz September 10, 2013 at 18:18 #

Amazing picks, FC! That Lela Rose gown is stunning and I would love to see Emilia in that Monique Lhuillier two-piece and Zoe in that Prabal Gurung dress.

8. Mimi September 10, 2013 at 18:23 #

Spot on choices loved the list and for some reason Marion Cotilliard sprang to mind when i first saw that Lela Rose dress, the structure and color is so her, that is if she ever decides to opt for a non-Dior look.

9. AnderBoBo September 10, 2013 at 18:25 #

Love this feature, your selections are always spot on! And that DVF most definitely has JLo written all over it!

10. julyol1972 September 10, 2013 at 20:13 #

FC, what about Sandra Bullock in the Monique Lhuillier? She’s embraced similar colors for the Venice Film Festival. And yesterday wore the strapless Narcisco Rodriguez! Do you see her even remotely looking at the two-piece, or does it schew just a tad too young for her?

11. Marybeth September 11, 2013 at 00:37 #

Love your choices! I wish they would come true.

That Lela Rose gown would indeed be great for the Emmys but how about Kerry Washington? I think she could rock it!

12. KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 03:21 #

Can’t wait to see how it pans out. I have been pretty impressed by your predictions in the past. I have looked back at older posts and read your predictions, and been utterly amazed at how close you’ve come or even nailed it. (Insert Twilight Zone theme music here). Lol!

13. KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 03:23 #

I love the Lela Rose gown to pieces, but have to say it really doesn’t look like their aesthetic at all, but totally looks like Armani Prive IMO.

14. Namel September 11, 2013 at 16:20 #

The Lela Rose gown need to be on red carpet and Morena could probably pull it off. I love the Lhuillier look but i would like someone like Charlize or Naomie Harris to wear it.