10.09.13

Jessica Chastain In Dolce & Gabbana – TIFF HFPA/InStyle Party

Jessica Chastain In Dolce & Gabbana - TIFF HFPA InStyle Party

Jessica Chastain joined Jennifer Morrison and Emilia Clarke at the InStyle & Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s annual party, hosted by Salvatore Ferragamo during the Toronto International Film Festival at the Windsor Arms Hotel on Monday.

The actress selected a Dolce & Gabbana cocktail frock in a shadowy petrol hue to set off her fiery red locks.

Although the black lace-tipped doily design wasn’t my favourite piece I’ve seen on Jessica, the styling didn’t do much to elevate the look either.

Plain black pumps, simply styled locks and barely-there makeup, with just a brush of pink lipstick, fell a bit flat from a distance.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - 'Blood Ties' Toronto Film Festival Press Conference

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Blood Ties’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference

6 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Dolce & Gabbana – TIFF HFPA/InStyle Party

1. Anj September 10, 2013 at 20:45 #

I agree; it looks flat from afar but it looks better in the close-up shot. I bet the color looks great in person.

2. Alina September 10, 2013 at 20:50 #

There’s a thing about Jessica: she’s gorgeous, but she’s hit and miss on the red carpet. I love her, but right now I wish she could ‘borrow’ Sandra Bullock’s stylist.

3. cherrysoftness September 11, 2013 at 02:50 #

I look at the dress and like it, then look at the whole thing and hate it. It might be the sleeves and hair combination, it’s giving the whole look a mom-in-a-wedding feel.

4. KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 04:58 #

I don’t care for any of this, actually. I dislike the shiny material, the odd pattern of the lace, the boring pumps, the lackluster hair and makeup….Yep, I think that about covers it. On another dress, this color may have been nice on her.

For an InStyle & Dolce hosted party, it sure seemed to have some serious style flops.

• KatieKate September 11, 2013 at 05:00 #

Just kidding about the Dolce part, I meant Feraggamo.

5. Yeliz September 11, 2013 at 08:11 #

I think this dress is aging her + it doesn’t look like a designer dress. The only think I like about it is the fact that the colour looks gorgeous on her.