09.09.13

Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up

Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up

Here’s a quick catch up of the front row who caught my eye during New York Fashion Week this weekend.

Ciara @ Prabal Gurung: The singer wore a pretty Prabal Gurung embroidered angular insert dress with a flared silhouette styled with bondage boots courtesy of Casadei, which were presented during the designer’s Fall 2013 collection.

Solange Knowles @ Alexander Wang: What’s not to love about Solange’s outfit? The colour, the quirky glasses, the Wang Resort 2014 skirt, that bag and those sexy sandals…? Perhaps it shouldn’t, but it ALL works.

Rihanna @ Opening Ceremony: It’s been a while since we saw Rihanna front row at NYFW, as she tends to skip the shows and head to the after-parties. On Sunday she was front and centre at Opening Ceremony wearing a grey Zac Posen satin floral dress with Underground ‘Wulfrun’ creepers with a Lynn Ban choker. A part of me wants to say it’s ridiculous to pair such a pretty dress with creepers, but I have to say she sells it to me, as per.

Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up 2

Leigh Lezark @ Zac Posen: I wanna say that Leigh overcooked it in her Zac Posen gown, but she wears a gown every season to his show and, considering the show is presented at night, I can say considering the time of day, the designer and how great she looks, this look totally works.

Jay Manuel @ Custo Barcelona: I couldn’t help but notice Jay, who is giving Solange Knowles a run for her money in the mixing-prints department. He worked an Alexander McQueen stained-glass print top, plaid pants and colourful McQueen stained-glass print shoes. I’m sure Miss Jay was somewhere snapping her fingers saying ‘fierce’ when she saw this look.

Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up 3

Jessica Alba @ DVF: While summer is coming to an end, Jessica worked summer’s hottest trend, black and white, wearing head-to-toe DVF upon taking her front row seat.

Bella Thorne @ DVF: As a girl who loves jumpsuits, I’m ready to do a backflip over Bella’s DVF Fall 2013 tri-colour keyhole jumpsuit. I love the styling – simple and complementary.

Brittany Snow @ Lela Rose: I was not surprised to see Brittany at the Lela Rose show as the actress is a fan of the girlie frocks which the designer is famed for, but I was surprised at her laidback Lela Rose look with masculine flare. I’m loving the mix of textures in her mostly black-and-white look punctuated with pops of fuchsia via her metallic pumps and nails. Save for the oversized Oroton ‘Raisa’ envelope clutch (if you want a clutch that big, just carry a bag), I love this look.

Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up 4

Holland Roden @ DKNY: The venue might be dark, but one can’t miss Holland in her bright-blue blazer and signature bold-lip combo.

Kerry Washington @ Alexander Wang: I was a little surprised to see Kerry at Alexander Wang’s show, considering she’s never worn the designer and the designer’s downtown shaggy chic isn’t really her aesthetic, so I was pleasantly surprised that she found a look from his Resort 2014 collection which worked with her ladylike style, but those shoes are an abomination and I’m not fond of the Michael Jackson hairstyle.

Olivia Palermo @ Tibi: Wearing a full Tibi look with Louboutin sandals, the colourful geometric-print look with mesh sleeves is yet another Olivia look I covet.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Front Row @ Carolina Herrera Spring 2014

Front Row @ Carolina Herrera Spring 2014

20 Responses to Front Row @ NYFW Weekend Catch Up

1. Eimear September 9, 2013 at 17:13 #

Riris got such a london style. And shes always a step ahead of Ciara, shes is such a try hard.

• julyol1972 September 9, 2013 at 18:48 #

Don’t like Ciara’s hair or shoes with this dress. I also don’t like Rihanna’s shoes but somehow they work with the vibe of the dress and choker. Love the hair! So glad she’s gone back to short, even short in this case is mullet-y.

Jay Manuel is “fierce”. Another look that shouldn’t work, but does.

2. Milly September 9, 2013 at 17:13 #

I have never seen Rihanna looking this bad, and the hair…awful! Even she can’t pull off this look

• KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 11:34 #

I about choked on my Cheerios when I saw that rat tail hair.

3. Alina September 9, 2013 at 17:17 #

Solange Knowles and Brittany Snow are my favourites here.

I’m disappointed by Kerry Washington.

It’s just sad that Leigh’s gown was wasted at this event.

4. Nat39 September 9, 2013 at 17:30 #

Bella Thorne stands out to me in her beautiful jumpsuit that works so well on her. Brittany Snow – 2nd, loving the addition of the fuchsia pumps, they accent her black-and-white look perfectly.

• admmgz September 9, 2013 at 20:59 #

5. Pedro September 9, 2013 at 18:18 #

Bella, Solange and Olivia looks amazing!

6. Jar September 9, 2013 at 18:19 #

Hi FC,
    Will you be doing any show reviews this season?
    Thanks for all your great coverage!

7. Aparajita September 9, 2013 at 18:26 #

Creeper shoes need to retire.
    Loving Bella’s jumpsuit.

8. CreoleLady September 9, 2013 at 18:46 #

Omg, when I saw Solange, I just wanted to start singing “Bennie and the Jets” lol. Those are Elton John-worthy glasses. Overall, this is quite the eclectic group, to say the least.

9. Yeliz September 9, 2013 at 18:55 #

Bella and Britanny are my faves here. I would wear Brittany’s look in a heartbeat.

10. Marybeth September 9, 2013 at 20:37 #

I like Jessica Alba and Olivia Palmeiro best here.
    (I’m so glad to see a look of Olivia’s that isn’t killed by over-accessorizing!)
    Leigh Lezark looks lovely, though it seems a bit of a waste to wear such a fine gown to this event.

Bella Thorne is very nicely turned out too, though I’m not particularly crazy about the jumpsuit itself. (Well, there aren’t many jumpsuits I do like.)

Love Brittany Snow’s choice of fucshia shoes and nails and her perfect grooming. I have a dislike (purely personal) for shirt tails hanging out from under pullovers. It always looks sloppy or teen-agey to me. Eh. She stills looks nice.

The rest are, at best, disappointing.

11. Anj September 9, 2013 at 20:54 #

Top 3 are:

Brittany Snow
    Jessica Alba
    Olivia Palermo

Leigh Lezark looks nice but sooo overdressed!

12. Prudence September 9, 2013 at 23:13 #

Solange is the queen of prints and color.
    now Rihanna, what is this goth phase she has entered?? its totally not working for me.

13. Hannah September 10, 2013 at 03:34 #

I love Jay Manuel and Brittany Snow here, but Solange is my stand out here. Leighwould have been considered, she si really channeling ehr inner Cristina Ricci, but Zan Posen alwaysfeels deja-vu to me, much liek Elie Sab, because every collection is fairly similar.
    Solange’s sandals are the Aamzon sandals by Aquazurra. I need them in my life…..

14. Christine September 10, 2013 at 06:33 #

I like Solange and Holland Roden

15. kane September 10, 2013 at 10:21 #

Jessica and Brittany for me. Kerry is a bit of a let down this time.

16. KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 11:40 #

There are a lot of great looks in the front row this season. Yay for us! I guess if I have to pick a standout: Solange, obvi., Jessica and Brittany completely rocking b&w, and Jay for BDMOTW!