Dakota Fanning In Atelier Versace - 'Night Moves' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Dakota Fanning did a complete 180 style- and hair-wise from what we expect from her when she hit the red carpet at the Ryerson Theatre in Toronto, Canada yesterday evening, where she attended the ‘Night Moves’ premiere during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.

I think I have concussion from falling off my chair and hitting my head so hard from the shock of this look.

The shock is twofold.

Firstly she did away with the tried-and-tested princess gowns for this uber-sexy Atelier Versace Fall 2013 glittering deep-emerald two-piece dripping in Swarovski crystals, to which she added a Graziela Gems emerald ‘Ssssnake’ ring and Burak Uyan charcoal metallic strappy heels.

Secondly, and most importantly, we have a bun.

A sexy chic topknot, which was the perfect way to cap this breathtaking look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Felicity Jones In Erdem - Variety Studio At Holt Renfrew

Felicity Jones In Erdem – Variety Studio At Holt Renfrew

57 Responses to Dakota Fanning In Atelier Versace – ‘Night Moves’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina September 9, 2013 at 12:32 #

NOOO! This look needed someone with personality, not a sweet teenager.

• Anj September 9, 2013 at 21:10 #

I think she looks amazing but I can see how her wearing it might be jarring. Honestly, I would love to see this look on someone like Vanessa Hudgens.

2. Denise September 9, 2013 at 12:32 #

OMG, I never saw this coming! She looks breathtaking, sofisticated and sexy !

• Cascia September 9, 2013 at 17:05 #

ITA!

• KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 02:04 #

+2! She is pulling this look off with major aplomb! It manages to look sexy, chic, effortless, youthful, and grown-up all at once. No Small Feat. I’m so impressed. Just WOW, and I’ll leave it at that.

• KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 03:45 #

Also, I just have to say how refreshing it is to see a young woman in Hollywood w/o fake boobs. It makes everyone look the same, and often OTT or trashy, or both. Dakota proves one doesn’t have to follow that unfortunate trend to look hot, or simply beautiful. Kudos to her!

3. Mandy September 9, 2013 at 12:38 #

I’m absolutely stunned. She looks fantastic and sexy. Grown up without it being forced or try hard.

• SilentVisitor September 9, 2013 at 13:42 #

• admmgz September 9, 2013 at 15:24 #

• Christine September 10, 2013 at 06:39 #

Color me shocked! WOW. She actually changed her hairstyle. BDOTW Points just for that!!1 LOL

4. eleanorbvvv September 9, 2013 at 12:39 #

LOVE IT! finally the hair is pulled up. wondering why she was keeping it down all this time..
    I love the fact the she made the gap between the skirt and the top smaller…
    I’m missing a clutch though…

5. Valissa September 9, 2013 at 12:46 #

*sigh* I’m going to say the same thing I said when I saw Selena Gomez in Atelier Versace at the VMA’s…it fits her ok but she’s missing that extra something and I wish somebody else had worn it!
    Ultimately, it’s just another stunning and sexy Atelier Versace gown wasted on a young starlet with very little va-va-voom.

6. G September 9, 2013 at 12:48 #

She looks amazing! She’s on a roll lately. This versace ensemble looks great on her and the hairstyle change is the cherry on top. Sexy, edgy but still classy. Go Dakota!

• KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 02:06 #

“The hairstyle change is the cherry on top “. Exactly!

7. Lara September 9, 2013 at 12:55 #

Bravo for her changing up the routine. But she is hunching her shoulders in every single picture: a sure sign that she is uncomfortable. Perhaps the straps were a bit long, as I find the bodice sits a tad too low, so maybe that was her way of making sure they didn’t slide down. Overall, I’m more impressed by the effort than by the look.

8. tsarah September 9, 2013 at 12:57 #

It may not have the same WOW effect like Selena did Versace but I’m honestly stunned with the transformation. She was very boring on the red carpet but seeing her like this… it’s a complete thumbs up.

9. allie September 9, 2013 at 12:59 #

Divine….

10. Yeliz September 9, 2013 at 12:59 #

I am shocked. I definitely didn’t see this coming. Not only the hairstyle, but also this completely different ensemble. She looks amazing.

11. CD September 9, 2013 at 13:01 #

damn, how did she make that look classy?

12. Stella September 9, 2013 at 13:08 #

BELLISSIMA
    she made a sexy and daring Versace look chic and elegant, beside I’m happy she did something different with her hair!

13. Pablo September 9, 2013 at 13:08 #

Concussion in my room as well ;) As it’s the fist time, she lacks a bit of attitude imo, but the change is oh so very welcome!

• Namel September 9, 2013 at 13:47 #

+1 and she looks great despite the lack of attitude.

• Rashmi September 9, 2013 at 15:26 #

+2 ! She lacks a bit of attitude, but its such a welcome sexy change from her!! Wow, am still stunned !

14. Quinn September 9, 2013 at 13:12 #

I am as shocked as you and the other readers! She look fresher, younger and prettier with her hair pulled back! Love this!

15. AnderBoBo September 9, 2013 at 13:18 #

Vast improvement and I agree that she looks so much fresher with that hair pulled back. However I can’t help but feel that this looks a bit incomplete, probably due to the lack of accessories, otherwise such a great and surprising effort.

16. Marko_M September 9, 2013 at 13:50 #

I really, REALLY love this! She’s so young and beautiful and should be wearing riskier pieces such as this.

17. Ana September 9, 2013 at 13:51 #

You need sex appeal to pull this look off. She has none.

• Lashae September 9, 2013 at 14:05 #

ia, this looks needs someone with personality and sex appeal b/c this look on her is very meh. This look would really good on Rihanna. This style fits her so much.

18. marcia September 9, 2013 at 13:54 #

She tried. But she still looks like a 15 year old wearing her older sister’s clothes. There’s no sex appeal, no personality, and that round face and unkempt eyebrows always make her look just off.

19. Lea September 9, 2013 at 13:57 #

I don’t get all the she doesnt’ have enough sex appeal comment. She is doing it better than the model for me.
    It looks trashy on the model, the white thong under the skirt is quite vulgar. On Dakota, the outfit looks classy. She looks beautiful and that’s all i’m asking for.
    The lack of accesories is a plus, the dress has alot of details, so she doesn’t need anything more.

• gabis September 9, 2013 at 14:54 #

I agree. She may not be oozing sexy appeal but she carries it off extremely well. It’s very clear that she’s not desperately trying to show she’s a sexual grown up like Miley Cyrus otherwise she’d be wearing this with a huge cleavage, hot pants and high slits.
      Her look has just the perfect amount of class and sexiness and she’s working it. BDOTW worthy?

• KatieKate September 10, 2013 at 03:39 #

+1 million

• Quinn September 9, 2013 at 16:27 #

• G September 9, 2013 at 17:08 #

• Jolene September 9, 2013 at 17:24 #

Plus 10.000

• Magdalena September 9, 2013 at 21:27 #

,+ Whatever number’s next. :p

20. H September 9, 2013 at 14:18 #

It was about time, and I really like it man. I think she could start working into having more sexappeal, but I love the change.

21. Pedro September 9, 2013 at 14:41 #

Wow!

Dakota looks amazing!

22. amy September 9, 2013 at 15:05 #

omg. I was so shocked when I saw this but in a good way. I’m glad she’s trying new thigs without going crazy.Kudos!

23. Susan September 9, 2013 at 15:37 #

Very very nice.

24. Maine September 9, 2013 at 16:34 #

It’s a little too “I Dream of Jeannie” for me, but it’s a welcome departure.

25. justme September 9, 2013 at 16:35 #

Work, Dakota!

26. Malinda Jane September 9, 2013 at 16:43 #

ATTN: MILEY, this is how you make an “I’m a grown woman now” statement. Sexy, sophisticated, not an ounce of pretense.

• Cascia September 9, 2013 at 17:06 #

ITA!!!

27. FER September 9, 2013 at 17:06 #

Well, now I really have to eat my own words. In the runway, this versace atelier ensemble, and all the other looks presented, made me sick, I couldn’t stop thinking in what was Donatella doing, but, first Selena Gomez, and now, this… I have no way to critique this look.

Some may say that she lacks of the “sex” appeal, but that exactly is what makes this look work, thanks to that good girl vibe she has, this looks classy, elegant, sophisticated and clean. Needless to say I’m in love with the look. It just looks so expensive and surprisingly put together. This is why she doesn’t use her hair up that much, because she knows that card has to be played only in special moments.

• Jolene September 9, 2013 at 17:28 #

Totally agree with you.

• cherrysoftness September 10, 2013 at 02:19 #

I completely agree. On another woman with “sex appeal”, this would just look like another Versace skin-tight dress. She brings a refreshing dimension to this outfit – she makes it look effortlessly elegant.

P.S. It’s quite different, for me, from Selena Gomez, because with Selena you can see her aiming for the sexy Versace model look, which she isn’t hitting.

28. Jolene September 9, 2013 at 17:27 #

ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR ! I am flabbergasted. Gorgeousness at the highest level. Sexy and sophisticaded. WOW! WOW ! WOW! Best way to start the week.

29. Nat39 September 9, 2013 at 18:26 #

I love it. I’m surprised at how well she carries this daring sexy look, with effortless and slightly naive youthfulness, I’m sold.

30. Joana September 9, 2013 at 18:37 #

She is flawless.

31. Rebecca Z September 9, 2013 at 20:51 #

She looks good if a tad overwhelmed and uncomfortable. She can grow into looks like this if she wants to.

32. Joy September 9, 2013 at 20:59 #

I’ve been so bored with fashion lately… This woke me up real quick! She looks stunning. So unpredictable and refreshing. This gown/top & skirt is AMAZING!!! I am in love with this gown, Dakota looks fierce. I love when fashion makes me take notice of someone I don’t usually get excited over. Thank you Versace for the much needed arousal.

33. Prudence September 9, 2013 at 23:29 #

noo noo noo noo noo !!!!! Yet another look from Versace that is wasted on the wrong gal! I am sorry guys but she is not sexy enough to pull this off!! Wearing Versace isn’t just about the styling but how you carry yourself! You need to ooze sex appeal and she is simply not the girl!

34. Dhppy September 10, 2013 at 00:40 #

Yea! She is triumphant! What a turnaround!

35. Noemi September 10, 2013 at 08:26 #

Well done, Dakota!

36. shap_half September 10, 2013 at 19:25 #

This is what BDOTY looks are all about. She is carrying this dress in a way that gives it new meaning. Good for her.

37. Betelgeuze September 11, 2013 at 23:54 #

This makes me speechless. This is a perfect look, and something I really wouldn’t expect from Dakota. I mean, topknot? Wow. The glittery embroidery is so beautiful, and although I’m getting tired of all the summer crop tops, I’ll gladly and happily give Dakota a pass. She rocks it.