08.09.13 Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Lanvin - 'Snowpierce' Deauville America Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

Three film festivals were taking place yesterday: Venice, Toronto and Deauville.

Tilda Swinton took to the red carpet for the Deauville American Film Festival premiere of ‘Snowpierce’, which also served as the closing ceremony yesterday evening.

The British actress is one of my faves. Some of you think this is blind love, but on this occasion I couldn’t bring myself to love this silver Lanvin one-shoulder liquid duchess satin gown.

It has to be one of the most unflattering pieces she has ever worn as it makes her appear wider than she is.

While her black pumps are barely seen, they are far too heavy for the look.

The only thing I really like here is the hair.

Earlier in the day for the photocall she wore an orange coat as a dress. This is more like the Tilda I know and love, especially with the unexpected pairing with baby-blue suede pumps with her citrus hued coat.

You can buy Tilda’s Lanvin one-shoulder duchess satin column gown from
Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Getty

Lady Gaga In Maison Martin Margiela Couture - Out In New York City

Lady Gaga In Maison Martin Margiela Couture – Out In New York City

Lupita Nyong'o In Honor - '12 Days A Slave' Press Conference

Lupita Nyong’o In Honor – ’12 Days A Slave’ Press Conference

9 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – ‘Snowpierce’ Deauville America Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

1. Yeliz September 8, 2013 at 11:27 #

I don’t like either look. The Lanvin indeed makes her look wider than she is. And the orange coat looks way too big.

2. Alina September 8, 2013 at 11:29 #

I’m not a fan of Tilda’s style. She doesn’t wear pieces I instantly love, but I appreciate her for being unique and finding clothes that suit her personality and flatter her figure. This just isn’t one of those cases.

3. mattison September 8, 2013 at 11:29 #

I could have forgiven the shoes if she had cinched in the waist of that dress with a belt of some sort. The orange coat/dress is passable, only for/on her- the blue pumps are cheeky, but I feel like they kind of make the outfit.

4. Jolene September 8, 2013 at 12:20 #

Perhaps my love IS blind indeed and unconditional. I don’t think it is unflattering at all! I love the subtle sexyness of it.
    Tilda reigns supreme.

5. Christine September 8, 2013 at 13:16 #

Gorgeous 2nd look

6. Parvati September 8, 2013 at 16:23 #

I alctually like the Lanvin gown on her – although it does make her appear wider than she is. Apart from that, the only thing that bothers me are the heavy black pumps.

7. Nat39 September 8, 2013 at 22:24 #

The 1st look is bad. I like the 2nd, the colours, wish she had added a belt to give it more shape as the coat is just hanging on her.

8. manja September 9, 2013 at 10:46 #

not liking any of the looks,1st one is dreadfiul,the 2nd one bad fit,too big and the shoes are not working.so it’s a no on both

9. KatieKate September 9, 2013 at 23:15 #

I, too, have come to appreciate, if not always love Tilda’s choices. But I don’t think these are some of her better ones. The Lanvin is so unflattering, and the pumps dreadful. The coat is cool, but too big. I do enjoy the shoes with it though. Her hair looks good on both occasions, as usual.