Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra – ‘The Railway Man’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra - 'The Railway Man' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman arrived at the Roy Thomson Hall for the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of ‘The Railway Man’ in Canada on Friday evening.

While I was expecting jaw-dropping gown from Nicole, I’m not disappointed by this Altuzarra Resort 2014 offering.

The blazer features lace detailing while the cropped trousers draws focus to her pewter bow front Louis Vuitton pumps which add a playful touch to her look.

Her hair was styled into a low bun with her flawless makeup including a vibrant pink lip colour.

The only thing I would remove is the silver brooch.

Refreshing change of pace or did you expect more?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Paz Vega In Zuhair Murad - 'Grace of Monaco' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Paz Vega In Zuhair Murad – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Sarah Paulson In Georges Hobeika Couture - '12 Years A Slave' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Sarah Paulson In Georges Hobeika Couture – ’12 Years A Slave’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

31 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra – ‘The Railway Man’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Dorothy September 7, 2013 at 01:22 #

Because this is a day-time event I actually prefer this look to a big gown, because I find them really jarring at such events, especially at ones where parts of the rep carpet are concrete.

The looks is event appropriate, fits her like glove and is something unexpected in a good way.

The only thing I would change is the length of the pants for a longer one, even is she has the legs to also carry this one.

• Irina September 9, 2013 at 14:20 #

Agreed. The lengh of the pants destroys the balance of the outfit. I like the runway look. The brooch is distracting, too.

2. Ramsay September 7, 2013 at 01:25 #

She looks incredibly chic
    She is of the generation where you didn’t wear a gown to come to Toronto – where you came in jeans tool meet the buyers and sell your movie – now Toronto has become a festival with movie premieres and stars wearing glitzy gowns, but I remember a few years ago when this transition happened we felt all these stars were out of place, they were overdressed – so Kidman knows the past of festival but she is still willing to make the effort of dressing up to follow the times – and this is a tuxedo but it is a formal – she looks elegant and her shoes are fabulous – another BDOTW worthy look for me – making a decision on Sunday will not be easy

• CreoleLady September 7, 2013 at 09:47 #

+1, you make some great points here about the evolution (red carpet escalation?) of this film festival. Kidman looks tres chic here.

• Tiger Nueng September 7, 2013 at 10:58 #

+1 ♥

3. Mery September 7, 2013 at 01:31 #

She looks really really great! I mean, it looks like it is the Kidman from the late 90s. Flawless.

4. Pedro September 7, 2013 at 01:51 #

Queen Nicole looks perfect, again!

5. Mandy September 7, 2013 at 02:07 #

A very elegant chic look. I love the change of pace.

6. Ethan September 7, 2013 at 02:12 #

a very refresh look from Nicole, and she looks absolutely chic and elegant!

7. cooltweens September 7, 2013 at 03:09 #

I wish I can have half of her energy. She was just pictured leaving the Nashville airport this morning, landed in Toronto, went to some interviews before this premiere, and still managed to look so refreshed in the red carpet photos. This outfit is very event appropriate. She looks very chic!

• Tiger Nueng September 7, 2013 at 18:04 #

Don’t you know? She just made a marathon jogging with her daughters on the day before her Toronto’s event too, super woman? ♥

• KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 16:20 #

Wow. She really is having it all, and looking fabulous all the while. Kusos, Nicole!

• KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 16:21 #

*kudos

8. Christine September 7, 2013 at 03:12 #

I like how it look on the lookbook version.

9. john September 7, 2013 at 03:29 #

I love how she doesnt have wear Jimmy Choo ever and she’s the face

10. Lashae September 7, 2013 at 03:29 #

I prefer the lookbook version best. The way Nicole is wearing it, looks less chic more secretary.

11. Tiger Nueng September 7, 2013 at 04:36 #

Absolutely gorgeous ♥

12. Rebecca Z September 7, 2013 at 05:36 #

I like the idea of this suit more than the suit itself. I don’t love the lace insets in the jacket–I think they look a little cheap. But she carries it really well and, though I agree she should have lost the brooch, the styling is impeccable.

13. TeaAtTwo September 7, 2013 at 06:30 #

I like the idea she was going for and the top half looks nice but I prefer the lookbook trousers and I’m not crazy about the bows on the pumps.

• Quinn September 7, 2013 at 10:25 #

14. Prudence September 7, 2013 at 07:38 #

She should have worn the lookbook version,she certainly has the body to pull it off. The pants she choose makes the look so much more dull and she reminds me of my principal. I would have much preferred she do a cocktail dress.

15. Alina September 7, 2013 at 08:08 #

She looks great, but I am a little disappointed.

• Iva September 7, 2013 at 09:10 #

16. Yeliz September 7, 2013 at 09:13 #

Except for the brooch, this is quite an amazing and elegant look. Thumbs up from me.

17. Laura September 7, 2013 at 11:37 #

Très chic. This is how you dress yourself for Toronto. I hate when I see those actresses wearing couture dresses for this festival thinking it’s Venice or Cannes. Probably they do that because they’ll never present a movie there.

• Tiger Nueng September 7, 2013 at 17:59 #

I agree with you about how to dresses for the event ★

18. elaine2 September 7, 2013 at 18:14 #

Are the shoes too big for her?

19. Linda September 8, 2013 at 02:01 #

Wow! Nicole Kidman back at her best and in my backyard to boot! I love her with the red hair and lips. The suit is interesting and sexy. I love the shoes too. She adds a real air of excitement, poise and movie stardom to the TFF red carpet.

• KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 16:34 #

“She adds a real air of excitement, poise, and movie stardom to the TIFF red carpet”. ITA!

20. KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 16:32 #

I would’ve preferred the lookbook pants, and I do not care for the brooch, but other than that, I think she looks incredible. Hair and makeup are perfect, earrings are perfect, shoes are perfect. I could’ve seen a clutch with this, but overall, just about, well, perfect!

21. kane September 10, 2013 at 11:15 #

I prefer this on the model. I often find her posing so stiff.