Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘Diana’ Paris Premiere

Naomi Watts In Marchesa - 'Diana' Paris Premiere

Naomi Watts floated down the red carpet at the ‘Diana’ Paris premiere at the Cinema UGS Normandie in France on Friday evening.

The actress followed the white theme of her London premiere look with a romantic Marchesa Spring 2013 frock. However, this confection, while perhaps a bit unexpected, brought far more fantasy and allure.

The slight trapeze silhouette, in combination with the sheer lace detail and wispy chiffon-like layers, simultaneously had a sweet yet style-forward effect. The prettiness was amplified with her loosely swept-back updo and petal-pink lip.

The flash of that dark clutch was a fair reminder that Naomi’s embellished nude sandals were a thankful reprieve from black pumps, which would have wilted this delicate dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Longoria In Versace - 26th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards

Eva Longoria In Versace – 26th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Prada - '12 Years A Slave' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Lupita Nyong’o In Prada – ’12 Years A Slave’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘Diana’ Paris Premiere

1. Papiki September 7, 2013 at 00:36 #

She always keeps her red carpet looks fresh, exciting and unexpected! Pity her Oscar buzz is looking dim, was looking forward to seeing her during the Oscar season!

2. Nat39 September 7, 2013 at 00:48 #

Nothing impressive but a sweet unexpected choice, she looks charming in this sugary dress.

• Yeliz September 7, 2013 at 09:08 #

3. julyol1972 September 7, 2013 at 00:50 #

I actually don’t like this on her. It just doesn’t seem to match her aesthetic! Too much frothtiness, and just a smidge twee, methinks!I like Naomi in cleaner, much simpler lines. And I really dislike the choice of shoe.

This look just doesn’t work for me.

• Alina September 7, 2013 at 08:01 #

4. Dorothy September 7, 2013 at 01:24 #

The look is a so-so from me, but from this angle those shoes look like beaded beach sandal, so they get the biggest no from me.

5. Dhppy September 7, 2013 at 01:52 #

Quite a nice look. The dress is very frilly, but the more exotic shoe choice gives it a twist. A very glamorous take on a Summer event.

6. Fiona-Brasil September 7, 2013 at 02:56 #

Wrong in every possible way!Nightmare!

7. Christine September 7, 2013 at 03:16 #

This dress is so ugly

8. Rashmi September 7, 2013 at 06:43 #

Not a great look, though she looks beautiful!
    But have to say this is the best rendition of Marchesa Spring collection.

9. Prudence September 7, 2013 at 07:49 #

Wow, who is her stylist and why is she doing this to the poor girl?? This dress is mad ugly and she certainly is not one to make us love an ugly dress. And why is her makeup and hair always so off? Arent u like an A list celeb?? Get your glam squad straight!

10. Charlotte September 7, 2013 at 08:31 #

I love this dress but it’s too twee for Naomi.
    Her styling is good and I much prefer her hair and her make up here than in London though.

11. Iva September 7, 2013 at 09:21 #

I’m just not feeling this.
    I must say that I have expected much more from Naomi during ‘Diana’ promotion. Hopefully, this will happen at the upcoming premiers.

12. TL September 7, 2013 at 11:40 #

No, the dress is ugly, looks like a triple layered lingerie

13. Dreaming of a fabulous life September 7, 2013 at 23:15 #

I loooooooooove this dress! Sorry for the exaggeration, I just think this dress is perfect on her. From shoulders and upward I love it, makeup and hair is complementing the dress, but the shoes and the bag? No, no, no, did she style herself? Cannot believe that a stylist would put a dark clutch and so heavy shoes with such a delicate, light dress. It’s like the shoes and the bag are competing with the dress for attention, which it doesn’t need. And the shoes and the bag alone do not go together. Ugh.

14. KatieKate September 9, 2013 at 01:29 #

As to her stylist, last I heard she is her brother’s girlfriend/baby mama, whom Naomi gave her big break. After the GG’s and Oscars last year, which Naomi looked amazing at, it really put the stylist, ( insert name here, b/c I can’t remember), on the map. BUT, there have been times that I have seen Naomi and thought, ‘wow, her ‘sister-in-law’ and her must be in a family fight or something, b/c she was styled just terribly.

Anyway, on this occasion, as others have also said, I do not care for the clutch or especially the shoes, (huh?). But I really love the dress on her, I think it’s youthful and effervescent w/o being twee, and she looks really pretty.

15. gabis September 9, 2013 at 15:08 #

I don’t see the appeal of dresses that look like fancy nightgowns such as this one. Awful.

16. kane September 10, 2013 at 11:16 #

Shoes and clutch bring this down. With better styling it might have worked. She also strikes me as a bit too old for this look now.