Eva Riccobono In Armani Privé – 2013 Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Eva Riccobono In Armani Privé - 2013 Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

The curtain came down on the 70th annual Venice Film Festival this evening with the closing ceremony held at the Palazzo del Cinema in Venice, Italy.

Eva Riccobono took one last twirl on the red carpet wearing another Armani Prive Fall 2013 gown; her third of the festival.

On this occasion she selected a black lace gown with an illusion yoke to give the appearance of a strapless gown.

Once again I have a few nit-picks.

The gown is decorated with crystal detailing on the illusion panel so I don’t feel like the serpent necklace was needed.

Also my first reaction was to eye-roll the same hair and makeup she has championed throughout this entire festival. This look needed a lovely updo or a wavy faux bob to perfect the look especially since she insisted on wearing that necklace.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Dakota Fanning In Marni - 'The Last Of Robin Hood' Portraits

Dakota Fanning In Marni – ‘The Last Of Robin Hood’ Portraits

Karlie Kloss In ASOS -  Prabal Gurung Fashion Show Run-Through

Karlie Kloss In ASOS – Prabal Gurung Fashion Show Run-Through

14 Responses to Eva Riccobono In Armani Privé – 2013 Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Jolene September 7, 2013 at 23:07 #

I only like the jewelry. Everything else is just so bland and anodyne . The colour is dreadful.It looks dark grey to me. Not black.The pattern is boring. Her hair is previsible and her presence as a whole is just plain and sedative. It is like taking a sleeping pill. Boring.

2. Dreaming of a fabulous life September 7, 2013 at 23:08 #

I also agree with the necklace, that shape and so much sparkle doesn’t go with a black feminine lace gown. And yes, she’s had the same hair and makeup throughout the whole festival. She is and looks beautiful, but with her face and body I definitely think she could have taken more risks style-wise. She looks very elegant and classy though.

3. Nat39 September 7, 2013 at 23:24 #

The gown is gorgeous, delicate and dramatic, she has the stature to carry it off. I don’t mind the necklace, but would’ve much preferred an updo.

4. Yeliz September 7, 2013 at 23:52 #

The gown is very beautiful and romantic. The necklace was unnecessary and her hair should’ve been up. Of her three Armani looks, the second look was my favourite.

• Alina September 8, 2013 at 08:23 #

5. Linda September 8, 2013 at 01:31 #

Faux bob and no necklace and this would be spectacular as it deserves to be.

6. Prudence September 8, 2013 at 01:35 #

Eva Riccobono X Armani is simply not a good combo. She wears these beautiful dresses that are simply not right for her skin tones and on top of it she styles it badly. I wish she would have just worn the look as styled on the runway.

• Franz October 26, 2013 at 11:24 #

LOL she was one of his fav models for YEARS!!! She’s perfect in Giorgio Armani..especially when she’s wearing his couture line! Simple, chic, romantic.
      The Bulgari “diva collection” jewels she’s wearing are the right choice for this outfit. Love it!

7. KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 02:07 #

This is an extraordinary, dramatic, and absolutely beautiful gown, which she has been seriously deflated by Eva’s styling. Fortunately, Eva is absolutely striking herself, so she comes out ahead, but the out-of-place necklace and heavy hair are not to her advantage. Had she forgone the jewelry, and pulled the hair back, I would be swooning.

• Denisa September 8, 2013 at 10:04 #

Striking? Really ? Here in Italy she is a non entity. Absolutely plain. Nobody understand how she was chosen.

• KatieKate September 9, 2013 at 23:02 #

Well, apparently I’m not the only one who thinks she’s beautiful, as she was indeed chosen. I don’t know anything about her other than what I have seen on here, so she may be seen as a ‘non-entity’, but that has no bearing on my opinion of her beauty.

8. Noemi September 8, 2013 at 09:27 #

I watched the ceremony and I kept on thinking that the necklace (beautiful) was a wrong choice, considering how delicate and romantic that gorgeous dress is. I think she should have worn the hair up and switch the necklace with a pair of earrings.

9. Christine September 8, 2013 at 14:04 #