07.09.13 Menswear, Premiere

2013 Toronto International Film Festival Menswear Roundup

Menswear Toronto 1

The Toronto International Film Festival in Canada has provided a bevy of well-styled beauties. Now, for those guys, who also brought their A-game.

Benedict Cumberbatch: At the ’12 Years A Slave’ premiere at the Princess of Wales Theatre, the British actor was refined and relaxed in a light grey Dolce & Gabbana suit with a tie-less, white button-down shirt and reflective, black loafers. He worked this cool and clean-cut styling like a pro.

Hugh Jackman: The actor-stud glossed up the ‘Prisoners’ premiere at The Elgin in a shiny, dark Dolce & Gabbana suit paired over a midnight-navy shirt and black skinny tie. A bit of scruff added some rugged charm to all that fashion.

Brad Pitt: Like Benedict, Brad skipped the tie and unbuttoned his top collar, giving us some Gucci with this black notch-lapel, two-button ‘Brera’ black suit and white dress shirt at the ’12 Years A Slave’ premiere. His bad-boy ‘do of the day? A looped ponytail for those longish locks.

Menswear Toronto 2

Jake Gyllenhaal: Joining Hugh at the ‘Prisoners’ premiere, Jake journeyed away from traditional black. He opted instead for several shades of grey with a charcoal Burberry suit, a slate tie and lighter dress shirt, all juxtaposed with his piercing baby blues and significant scruff.

Jeremy Irvine: Also in Dolce & Gabbana, the young, dapper British actor was at ‘The Railway Man’ premiere at Roy Thomson Hall, showing us a formal three-piece suit and skinny tie.

Jason Bateman: The funny-man actor took a more casual, monochromatic route with an all-black Dolce & Gabbana ensemble, sans tie, at the ‘Bad Words’ premiere, hosted at Ryerson Theatre.

Menswear-Toronto-33

Michael Fassbender: The actor bucked the tie-less trend that Benedit and Brad started at the ’12 Years A Slave’ premiere, wearing a strong, textured dark suit and stately satin tie, polished off with a pocket square.

Daniel Radcliffe: The British actor struck a rather serious pose at the ‘Horns’ premiere. His sartorially solemn Band of Outsiders black suit received a flash of blue colour with a Kenzo shirt, whilst black Christian Louboutin loafers completed the look.

Zac Efron: The cute-cum-handsome actor arrived for the ‘Parkland’ premiere at Roy Thomson Hall in a Gucci notch-lapel, two-button ‘Monaco’ grey-and-green plaid suit, which he matched with a white dress shirt, a black-and-grey silk tie and brown leather lace-up shoes.

Credit: Getty

18 Comments
Carine Roitfeld In Givenchy - The Daily Front Row's Fashion Media Awards

Carine Roitfeld In Givenchy – The Daily Front Row’s Fashion Media Awards

Zoe Levin In Osman - 'Palo Alto' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Levin In Osman – ‘Palo Alto’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to 2013 Toronto International Film Festival Menswear Roundup

1. Alina September 7, 2013 at 17:28 #

First of all, the emergency case: Brad Pitt MUST do something about that hair!

Second of all, Zac Efron is my favourite here.

• KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 03:19 #

Totally agree re. Brad’s hair. Ugh!!

2. jessica marantelli September 7, 2013 at 17:28 #

Jeremy and Michael are my favourties, classic well fitting suits. I like benedicts less formal look too and Zac Efron is as hot as usual though I saw a better photo than this one here. overall what a lunch of handsome men in some of the best fitting suits I’ve seen in a while.

3. Anj September 7, 2013 at 18:58 #

I was going to do a top three but I love 4 looks so here they are:

#1- Daniel Radcliffe
    #2- Jake Gyllenhaal
    #3- Hugh Jackman
    #4- Michael Fassbender

For the most part, everyone looks polished and great here, but the top names are my favorites in that order.

4. Eve_V September 7, 2013 at 19:44 #

I can’t decide who is my favorite here, between Jake, Jeremy, Hugh, Daniel and Michael. This festival is looking like an explosion of well-dressed men.
    And for some reason I really hate Zac Efron’s suit and brown shoes.

5. Nat39 September 7, 2013 at 19:47 #

Even in the plain grey suit Benedict is my fave. The fit is flattering, and he wears this simple look convincingly, looking so fresh and cool.

6. CreoleLady September 7, 2013 at 20:22 #

I haven’t gotten through today’s posts, so I’m hoping the star of 12 Years a Slave, Chiwetel Ejiofor, was on the RC for the Toronto premiere.

• Roux September 7, 2013 at 22:09 #

Oh I love Chiwetel too, he’s so brilliant and I hope this is the film where he really breaks through in Hollywood.

• CreoleLady September 8, 2013 at 00:09 #

Yes indeed. And I just have to say that someone with the handle CreoleLady is going to just love Roux, too :)

7. Yeliz September 7, 2013 at 23:41 #

So many dapper men here, I can’t pick just one favourite. I love Jake, Jeremy, Michael, Daniel and Hugh’s looks.

8. KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 03:24 #

Brad’s hair: no.
    Zac’s shoes: no.
    Jake’s shoes: no.
    Daniel (in general):no.

Everything and everyone else esp. Hugh and Michael: yes, yes, yes!!!

9. Rebecca Z September 8, 2013 at 04:13 #

Jake Gyllenhall’s shoes are a mess but otherwise he is looking fine. I don’t usually like shiny suits, but Hugh Jackman looks fab.

10. towanda September 8, 2013 at 07:11 #

i like Benedict, Micheal ,Zach and JEremy’s looks

11. Noemi September 8, 2013 at 09:39 #

My favorite is Michael Fassbender (but I admit I’m a little bit biased, because he’s so handsome!), I would have like Jake Gyllenhaal but his shoes are ugly, same for Zac Efron… Jason Bateman looks good, too.
    I miss the “old” dapper Brad, with short hair, most of all.
    A very good view, after all, beautiful men and good clothes.

12. Denise September 8, 2013 at 13:15 #

Michael is my first choice here. I like Brad Pitt (don’t care for the hair), Hugh and Benedict.

13. Christine September 8, 2013 at 14:11 #

They all look good! Especially Brad pitt

14. Colleen September 9, 2013 at 15:56 #

I may be in the minority here, but I think Brad looks great! My favorite of the bunch, however, is Fassy. He can do no wrong in my book!

15. G September 10, 2013 at 01:15 #