Carice van Houten In Christian Dior Couture -  ‘The Fifth Estate’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere2

The spectacular gowns from the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival keep on coming; this time, Carice van Houten had jaws dropping on the red carpet for ‘The Fifth Estate’ premiere.

Joining Alicia Vikander, the ‘Game of Thrones’ actress looked so very regal wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture gown featuring a black bodice and pink organza skirt with a black overlay accented with pink floral embroidery.

Not settling for a simple black clutch, she instead carried an iconic vintage 1970 Elegance PARIS magazine clutch, which we’ve seen carried by Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City.

Definitely a BDOTW contender. Would you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker In Giles - Lexus Design Disrupted Event

Sarah Jessica Parker In Giles – Lexus Design Disrupted Event

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Launch Event

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Launch Event

15 Responses to Carice van Houten In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Fifth Estate’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina September 6, 2013 at 12:24 #

Let’s talk about perfection because the photo on the right is just that!

2. Denise September 6, 2013 at 12:39 #

Venice was indeed a snoozefest. Toronto is more than interesting ’til now.
    I am pleasantly surprised by the exquisite Dior dresses we have seen so far. They are beautifully worn, and flatter the wearers.
    This one, BDOTW.

3. Mandy September 6, 2013 at 12:52 #

She looks absolutely stunning. My only nitpick is that the clutch is a touch big. BDOTW contender for sure.

4. jokebetweenthetrees September 6, 2013 at 12:55 #

Great! And I love the clutch, having fun with it, I do not see that enough. BDOTW contender. (But I am also Dutch, so I’m a little bias ;-))

5. Christine September 6, 2013 at 13:19 #

Not liking the dress

• dee September 6, 2013 at 14:21 #

Me either.

• towanda September 6, 2013 at 14:42 #

it looks cheap

• Anj September 6, 2013 at 23:31 #

Agree. This is an ugly dress both on the runway and on the carpet.

6. Jolene September 6, 2013 at 15:26 #

At first impression was a No. But the more I look at it the more I like.

• KatieKate September 9, 2013 at 04:39 #

I agree, it had to grow on me. Looking at the close ups really helped. She is a stunning woman, she really sold me on it. Her makeup and hair looked lovely, I particularly adore the lip color. I’m not sure I could vote for it in the poll, but it does deserve a spot IMO.

7. Rebecca Z September 6, 2013 at 15:52 #

I find the skirt of the dress too stiff–looks like a lampshade. And I don’t like the flowers or where they are placed. I guess I just don’t like this dress. She is presenting it as well as can be expected.

8. Glenda September 6, 2013 at 18:58 #

I never would have picked this dress based on the runway pictures, but Carice is totally selling it to me. She looks great!

9. Yeliz September 6, 2013 at 20:17 #

The creases on the bottom of the skirt are bothering me a bit, wish that she’d worn a higher heel so they would disappear. The clutch is a nice touch, but she still could’ve chosen a smaller one. Otherwise it’s a gorgeous look. Love that lip colour.

10. Inge September 6, 2013 at 20:54 #

Absolutely loving it, so classy! She looks amazing

11. Dhppy September 8, 2013 at 21:48 #

I kind of like the gown, but it seems difficult to carry off even for red carpet pros. It’s a bit long, slightly unwieldy, and apparently wrinkles easily. I’m not sure it fitting properly, although given it’s construction, it’s hard to tell. It’s almost good, just not quite there. At least it’s different.