03.09.13 Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Versace – ‘Under The Skin’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Atelier Versace - 'Under The Skin' Venice Film Festival Premiere

I wrote Scarlett Johansson off just a second too early because she was back to her best while attending the ‘Under The Skin’ Venice Film Festival premiere held at Sala Grande in Venice, Italy this evening.

Her va-va-voom is back in all its spine-tingling, goose-bump inducing form as the blonde beauty poured her womanly curves into a black Versace off-the-shoulder gown.

The gown which features a fitted bodice, gathered detail at the hip and light embellishments on the arms was styled with a breath-taking Bulgari High Jewellery necklace which almost does the impossible by upstaging her dress – I said almost.

This gown has been a long time coming and will definitely take pride of place in my BDOTY contenders list.

Is this gown that good for you? Or are you just happy for the return of the ScarJo’s va-va-voom?

Credit: Getty

Lou Doillon In Saint Laurent - Deauville American Film Festival

Lou Doillon In Saint Laurent – Deauville American Film Festival

Alice Eve In Richard Nicoll - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Alice Eve In Richard Nicoll – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

59 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Versace – ‘Under The Skin’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Serena September 3, 2013 at 18:47 #

It fits her perfectly. She really looks gorgeous. Would have loved it even more if it wasn’t black, but this is A+ nonetheless.

• Francois Bresmal September 4, 2013 at 10:51 #

A++++++++++ OMG I looooooooooooooove it, she looks DAMN PERFECT! Finally a Film Festival worthy look! I didn’t even have that awe moment in Cannes! BDOTY list FOR SURE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

2. Alina September 3, 2013 at 18:49 #

IT WAS ABOUT TIME!

Stunning! I don’t know if I’ll include this in my BDOTY list, but this is the best she has looked in ages.

Not to nitpick, but I would have prefered her to wear this dress in another colour.

3. Yeliz September 3, 2013 at 18:50 #

Even though I think that the gown sits a tad too low, she still looks absolutely stunning. Actually, this is the best she has looked in years. I love the necklace, it’s gorgeous.

4. Charlotte September 3, 2013 at 18:50 #

I love this dress on her ! Fits her perfectly, she is so sexy. I love the hair and the simple make up work perfectly with the dress.

• Christine September 5, 2013 at 03:22 #

She looks drop dead stunning. Blown away!

5. Anj September 3, 2013 at 18:50 #

Holy cow, it’s been a long time since I’ve been wowed by a look from Scarlett. She looks amazing!

• julyol1972 September 3, 2013 at 20:45 #

Right??? Her body in that dress is amazing. I don’t even mind the low-ish fit of the bodice, because her body is giving me such a strong Sophia Loren vibe, in that dress.

Definitely worth the wait! Good job, Scarlett

• Anj September 4, 2013 at 03:50 #

I agree. This dress was made for her body.

6. dressaddict September 3, 2013 at 18:51 #

The only thing I like about this look is the necklace and the hair. The dress feels dated, especially with the boring gathered detail on the hip. I’m surprsed it’s Atelier Versace.

7. DorianGray September 3, 2013 at 18:52 #

Love her here; I’m happy she’s not wearing only Dolce&Gabbana. I think the Bulgari necklace was the right choice, without it there would have been too much black.
    ps. FC could you please post Liz Hurley in Versace resort 2014 too? She looks amazing ;-)

8. kane September 3, 2013 at 18:53 #

Not keen on whatever hangs off her arms, I wish she had gone only with that fabulous necklace and the earrings as accessories. Having said that, she looks absolutely stunning!

9. Dorothy September 3, 2013 at 18:53 #

While she does look very good and very sexy, there is something about the whole look that just makes it a 95%, instead of a 100%, for me. I don’t know if it’s the hair, because while a loose bun is the right choice, the execution is not that great, or something about the necklace, which is good, but just doesn’t fit perfectly in the whole idea of the look for me.
    I also have to mention that the fit of the dress is outrageously good.

I have a feeling that because people were so desperate for Scarlett to look so good and sexy again, this will be universally loved/liked.

10. Nat39 September 3, 2013 at 19:01 #

She looks gorgeous and sexy, the gown shows off her curves beautifully, but I don’t see anything that special about the gown that would make me scream wow and put it on my BDOTY list. Would’ve been more impressed if it was in striking red for example. The necklace pretty much steals the spotlight. BDOTW worthy though.

• KatieKate September 4, 2013 at 02:05 #

While I do see your point, I guess what makes this a BDOTY contender for me isn’t that the dress is so grand, (even though I do think it’s lovely), it’s more about the total package–HOW she’s wearing/working it. This same dress could be worn by many others, and not even cause a blip on the BDOTY radar, but b/c Scarlett is looking so amazing and fabulous, sexy and glamorous, (plus a million other things I could list), that is what makes this a true standout. Memorable. It’s a fashion ‘moment’, and those are few and far between. IMHO.

• Nat39 September 4, 2013 at 19:33 #

It has to be a complete package, no argument here. The styling, the wearer’s poise and presence…all counts and the gown itself is a major part of it, and on this occasion, the package is simply not strong enough to be BDOTY worthy in my book, as the gown is quite a flashback, feels dated,and doesn’t feel fresh or special, esp. in basic black. Her looking gorgeous and wearing this still fabulous and so very flattering gown so amazingly is simply not enough for BDOTY and to be that special major memorable/standout moment for me, but without a doubt, a beautiful BDOTW contender.

• KatieKate September 6, 2013 at 03:10 #

I can see what you’re saying about the dress. It kind of reminds me of the red gown Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman, (which, obviously, was WAY back in the day), especially with the drapey sleeve detail.

• Evil Britta September 4, 2013 at 06:42 #

Yeah, she definitely looks good, great, but nothing AMAZING.

11. G September 3, 2013 at 19:14 #

She is simply spectacular, a true diva. This look is timeless and that dress seems painted on her body. Beautiful hair, beautiful make-up, stunning necklace. Definitely in my BDOTY list.

12. Amanda A. September 3, 2013 at 19:19 #

No words for Scarlett in this dress. Just, ASTONISHING. For God sake!

13. gabis September 3, 2013 at 19:20 #

Hands down, she looks stunning. BDOTW worthy.

• admmgz September 3, 2013 at 19:54 #

14. dell September 3, 2013 at 19:23 #

Wow ! She looks absolutely stunning … Black is not my favorite color, but this dress is ravishing. And THAT necklace!!!

15. Eileen September 3, 2013 at 19:27 #

She is finally back to her old self! I love this on her and the necklace is fab… Im so happy with the dress and the fit that the colour isnt even bothering me!

16. dee September 3, 2013 at 19:27 #

Agree with others and wishing the gown was another color but she still looks beautiful.

17. Daisy September 3, 2013 at 19:41 #

She looks stunning. The dress itself might not be inspiring has to be pair with the right woman!

18. Larissa September 3, 2013 at 19:42 #

The dress fits her like a glove and the necklace is to die for! Best look from the Festival so far.

19. Rebecca Z September 3, 2013 at 19:45 #

She looks gorgeous and the dress is very pretty, though I agree it could have been a million other colors and looked even better. Though I like the statement necklace concept with this dress, I don’t love this particular necklace. And, I am sad to say that the tattoo on her left forearm is a real distraction for me–it looks really cheesy.

• KatieKate September 4, 2013 at 02:09 #

Yes, I will concede that that tattoo bothers me practically every time I see her. ‘Permanent evidence of temporary insanity’, my dad likes to say.

20. Maria Luiza Maia September 3, 2013 at 19:47 #

Nothing special. AT ALL.

21. justme September 3, 2013 at 19:54 #

YES! This is the Scarlett I used to have a girlcrush on. I love this look.

Contrary to some, I’m actually glad the dress is black. The curve-hugging fit is enough. I also love the necklace.

22. Prudence September 3, 2013 at 20:01 #

I think because she has been looking so frumpy lately we are getting over excited about a dull look. This dress is so dated, we have seen it a thousand times before. The color does nothing to help that and therefore she looks extremely forgettable.

23. Joy September 3, 2013 at 20:02 #

BDOTY??? She looks super gorgeous & this dress fits her curves magically. However, I don’t think this is befitting of an honor as BDOTY. Her hair & shoes are noticeably bland + a fabulous gown + a necklace that is dynamite but doesn’t really go with the dress & especially doesn’t go with the shoes. Scarlett is definitely a beautiful women & it is so nice to see her out and about again.

24. Jolene September 3, 2013 at 20:04 #

She looks very beautiful but the dress has nothing special. It feels dated, like from the 2000s. I love her look from neck up. The necklace is breathtaking.

25. Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 20:14 #

Scar-Jo has her groove back….

In terms of owning it at least. But in terms of fabulous dress and owning it? That is what makes something BDOTY worthy. It’s a nice dress that would have made more of an impact in color, and that necklace, while pretty and worth thousands if not more, is almost jarring in terms of the multiple colors.

26. CreoleLady September 3, 2013 at 20:23 #

Va va voom, indeed! This dress is a throwback alright — a throwback to a time when ScarJo was a force to be reckoned with on the RC. I hope this is not a one-off. She looks great.

27. Noemi September 3, 2013 at 20:29 #

I think the dress is beautiful and the fit perfect. The necklace is gorgeous and a good idea considering the color of the dress and the simple hair and make up. I’m not sure the hairstyle is right.
    Honestly, I would consider it only for BDOTW. And, honestly, I will never get all the fuss about her.

28. Pedro September 3, 2013 at 20:47 #

She looks PERFECT!!!

BDOTW

29. Leo September 3, 2013 at 20:51 #

As Kylie would say: you’ve got it, you wow wow wow WOW! Scarlett Johansson is showing everybody how to make a black dress with a simple design not be boring. This is just wonderful for in her body, and she is rocking it like no other. In love!

30. Mel September 3, 2013 at 21:28 #

Wow, she is back to her best but I prefer the straps on the shoulders.

31. Pablo September 3, 2013 at 22:09 #

It’s because she can look THIS good that we complain when she doesn’t deliver!

Spectacular gown and top styling (hair, make-up and to-die-for necklace included). I’m with you: I’ll remember this for BDOTY!

32. TeaAtTwo September 3, 2013 at 22:34 #

It reminds me of a gown Angelina Jolie has worn, this and the her hair dulls any excitement.

33. Betelgeuze September 3, 2013 at 23:16 #

I do love it very much, and it’s giving me a very, very strong BDOTW vibe, but I’m not sure whether it’s going in my BDOTY top ten. It’s a strong maybe.
    Anyway, this is an awesome, gorgeous look on Scarlett. You go girl.

34. Xiomalys Crespo September 3, 2013 at 23:24 #

Well, now I know why I’ll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

35. Beth Rodrigues September 4, 2013 at 01:44 #

BDOTW and BDOTY..stunning, absolutely stunning..

36. Lashae September 4, 2013 at 02:39 #

Could someone by chance know who’s her stylist now since her last stylist(Annabel Tollman) passed away recently?

37. cherrysoftness September 4, 2013 at 02:45 #

Oh my goodness. I think I just fell in love. Dress, necklace, hair, I don’t know, it’s not just about that. The everything-ness of this created a moment. And that it’s in black – her beauty is so overwhelming, she didn’t need a color. Black was the perfect showcase for her gracefulness.

• Denise September 4, 2013 at 09:48 #

+1! She’s back. I hope she sticks to being blonde. I think she draws her mojo from that hair colour. BDOTW

38. Teleholic September 4, 2013 at 06:07 #

She’s BAAAAAAAACK

39. Stella September 4, 2013 at 09:51 #

THANK YOU!!!
    I was loosing my hope in seeing some glamour at this Festival!
    She’s back as we used to know her: SIMPLY AMAZING

40. manja September 4, 2013 at 10:33 #

finnaly a wow moment at this boring festival.don’t know what’s been going on at Venice this year but was so boring,this is the 1st look I am impressed with.she looks gorgeous and sexy but not in your face,love it

41. Parvati September 4, 2013 at 11:45 #

I’m glad her va-va-voom is back, because she looks fantastic! The dress fits her so well and the necklace is a perfect addition to her look! BDOTW for sure!

42. Karim September 4, 2013 at 11:53 #

It’s pure perfection! She would probably be my BOTW choice.

43. Jai September 4, 2013 at 13:10 #

That is a true movie star moment. And the best part of it – it’s all about the girl in the dress. Well done Versace and Scarlett and stylist (assuming she has one).

44. Sanya September 5, 2013 at 07:45 #

She looks hot, but the dress looks very much like the one Angelina Jolie wore in Sarajevo 2012 during “In the land of blood and honey” premiere: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/02/20/angelina-jolie-in-versace-in-the-land-of-blood-and-honey-sarajevo-premiere/

45. Aline September 5, 2013 at 07:59 #

Such a classic Versace gown that she wears beautifully. I love the necklace and the hair. Really great look.

46. amy September 5, 2013 at 16:27 #

she looks nice. I appreciate the effort, i wish she opted for another color. I like the upper part of the look better than the bottom

47. Natalie19 September 6, 2013 at 17:39 #

She looks beautiful, but nothing more

I am surprised to see such comments, to me this look is just a general good look.

…….

48. Bailey October 12, 2014 at 04:21 #

This dress is great on her and fits her to a tee..but I dislike that necklace