Rita Ora In Etro – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Rita Ora In Etro - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Rita Ora has a penchant for dramatic gowns when attending big events, so I’m glad to see that continue at the GQ Men of the Year Awards held at The Royal Opera House in London this evening.

The British singer brought her A-game wearing an Etro Fall 2013 black-and-yellow micro-beaded gown with cut-out details at the waist and back, which she styled with black-and-gold complementary spiral earrings.

Makeup-wise, she opted for futuristic cat-eyes, plus you will be delighted (shocked) to see that Rita left the ‘Roc Nation red’ lippie at home, opting for a shimmering nude colour for a refreshing change.

Her newly chopped bob was styled into a sultry quiff, adding yet another dramatic twist to her look.

I have to say, I love it. She’s really keeping things interesting on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Alice Eve In Richard Nicoll - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Alice Eve In Richard Nicoll – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Jessie J In Persy Yaniv - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Jessie J In Persy Yaniv – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

17 Responses to Rita Ora In Etro – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

1. Prudence September 3, 2013 at 20:36 #

I really want to love this because I am a huge fan of Etro but this is simply not working for me. Such a fabulous dress but she is not doing justice to it. This needs a long and curvaceous body in it. She loks mad boxy in it. However I adore her hair!!

• Francois Bresmal September 4, 2013 at 10:48 #

Exactly the way I feel about it! Those stripes are widening her bust and the arms look… yeah, boxy :/

2. kane September 3, 2013 at 20:43 #

I have no clue why, but it works.

3. Pedro September 3, 2013 at 20:46 #

She looks FINE. For the first time

4. julyol1972 September 3, 2013 at 20:51 #

She looks better than I’ve seen her in a while. The hair is definitel growing on me, and totally works with this dress. Don’t miss the red lip, but wish she would try for a little color. The nude lip just doesn’t do anything for her face.

As for the dress, I’m glad she did a side-on pic, because I’m not sure I would like this full on. That being said, the dress fits well, it doesn’t clash with anything, and they’re no feathers, rubber, plastic or polyurethene in sight, so I’ll say this is a win for her.

5. Nat39 September 3, 2013 at 20:54 #

The gown is interesting, unexpected choice but the ott eye makeup throws it into a costumey territory for me and the overall vibe, as often with Rita, is try-hard. She reminds me of Jlo here with the nude lips.

6. Aveen September 3, 2013 at 21:10 #

I’m beginning to think “try hard” is the go-to critique for anything that doesn’t make one look like a Disney character. I think this is well constructed, fits impeccably and is well styled. I can’t imagine not liking something so impressive *because* someone chose to wear it.

Thank God for fashion, fearlessness, and fun.

7. dee September 3, 2013 at 21:13 #

I would have loved this look if it weren’t for the horrid makeup.

8. Rebecca Z September 3, 2013 at 21:26 #

Like everything but her eye makeup.

9. Angela R. September 3, 2013 at 22:12 #

I have the impression that this girl is showing a bit more than necessary with those cuts on the ribs sides. I have been checking another getty images and I could see clearly part of her breast. Anyway, showing it or not, I think she has not the right body for wearing a dress like this. The fabric adds more volume to her already boxy frame.

10. KatieKate September 3, 2013 at 23:56 #

This has to be one of Rita’s best looks. Let’s face it, she’s never going to be Rosie Huntington Whiteley on the RC. Gotta just cut her a break, and let her be her, IMO. This may not be the most flattering thing n the world, but again, it’s good for her. And I love the hair and m/u. That liner application is totally now. I can get behind a look like this, for a change.

11. Beth Rodrigues September 4, 2013 at 02:22 #

this is so Rita Ora..finally a totally good look!!!

12. Alina September 4, 2013 at 05:35 #

WOW! See, Rita? You can do fashion with a twist and still look STUNNING.

13. manja September 4, 2013 at 10:20 #

not liking the dress nor her in it,looks boxy and adds extra weight to her,and make up is too gimicky

14. Yeliz September 4, 2013 at 12:57 #

The eye makeup is too much and the top part of the gown is making her look boxy. Even though it’s an interesting gown on its own, it’s not working on her.

15. Sharon September 4, 2013 at 22:08 #

For once I really love Rita’s hair and most of the makeup. There’s something about the optical illusion of the gown, though, that makes me think both Rita and the model have their arms on backwards.

16. Christine September 5, 2013 at 03:20 #